|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-0 6-3 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! What a performance from Andy Murray, who wins through to the third round with a hugely impressive performance! He cruises through at the expense of an outclassed Viktor Troicki, and that's a brilliant start to the clay-court season from the world number four! Next up for Murray will be a third-round clash with either Julien Benneteau of France or Austria’s Jurgen Melzer in the third round. Full drawsheet
- - MURRAY 6-0 5-3 - Murray moves to within a game of taking the match as he holds serve with no problems whatsoever. Troicki picks out the baseline with a crisp backhand down the line, but that is the extent of his resistance as Murray holds serve.
- - MURRAY 6-0 4-3 - Troicki cuts Murray's lead once more as he finally completes a comfortable service hold! Murray hammers a forehand down the line, but Troicki responds superbly to ensure that the pressure is lifted for a short while.
- - MURRAY 6-0 4-2 - Murray extends his lead with ease as he finds three powerful forehands, and the Brit finds a good rhythm on his first delivery as he pegs Troicki firmly back behind the baseline.
- - MURRAY 6-0 3-2 - Credit must go to Troicki, who battles through an exhausting, seemingly interminable, game in which he fends Murray off after an extended deuce to hold. The Serb again clenches his fist in relief and determination as he reduces the deficit.
- - MURRAY 6-0 3-1 - Murray thrives once more as Troicki attempts, very unsuccessfully, to take the attack to him and is picked off, seemingly at will. The world number four is clinical as he counter-punches to good effect, and he holds.
- - MURRAY 6-0 2-1 - BREAK! It did not take long! Murray breaks at the second opportunity in this second set as he drives a forehand winner down the line, and Troicki looks rather shell-shocked now as he finds three first serves but is still ruthlessly broken!
- - MURRAY 6-0 1-1 - Murray is completely unfazed by Troicki's determined play as he holds serve with a crisp forehand winner cross-court, and he closes out another comfortable hold with a backhand down the line as Troicki looks to come in court and apply some pressure.
- - MURRAY 6-0 0-1 - Troicki sends out a message of defiance as he plants a thunderous forehand down the line and closes out a solid hold at the start of this second set to finally get himself on the board! He clenches his fist and does not engage with the crowd at all as they cheer his solitary success.
- - MURRAY 6-0 - SET! What an incredible set of tennis from Andy Murray, who completes an emphatic bagel with Troicki already looking very despondent. It's a quite sensational effort from Murray, who closes out the set with a backhand down the line. What a start from the British number one.
- - MURRAY 5-0 - BREAK! Murray is toying with Troicki as Murray draws him in to the net, before lobbing the Serb with a sensational shot which drops bang on the baseline. Murray is brimming with confidence. Troicki battles back to deuce in dogged fashion, but Murray has too much class for his opponent and comes through for a third successive break with a blistering forehand down the line!
- - MURRAY 4-0 - Murray again holds serve with consummate ease as Troicki fires two forehand returns wide under immense pressure. Murray finds three big first serves, and closes out the game comfortably to hold and consolidate another break.
- - MURRAY 3-0 - BREAK! This is quite sensational from Murray, who plays an exquisite drop shot to beat Troicki all ends up, before slamming an emphatic forehand down the line! He has a 100% success rate on his first serve early on and is equally consistent in returning Troicki's serve as his opponent is not being afforded a glimmer of an opportunity at the moment.
- - MURRAY 2-0 - Murray is forced onto the back foot as Troicki finds a stunning forehand winner, but the British number one holds his composure superbly to close out a comfortable service hold. He consolidates his early break with ease.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - BREAK! Murray is utterly ruthless from the outset as he fires two huge forehands down the line, and the number three seed is taking control of this match immediately as he breaks serve with a backhand passing shot. Troicki plays an ill-advised drop shot, and is broken.
- - This match is about to begin, but in the meantime why not check out this video as Murray and Djokovic preview the clay-court season
- - MURRAY 0-0 - The number three seed wins the toss and elects to receive with Troicki to get us underway.
- - Murray has always had Troicki’s number, winning all four of their previous meetings; the only time Troicki came close to beating Murray came at their only previous clay court meeting at Roland Garros last year. The Serb has lost his last 23 matches against top 10 players.
- - Murray is playing for the first time since reaching his 10th career ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final in Miami, where he was defeated by Novak Djokovic.
- - Murray received a bye through the first round of the tournament, while Troicki overcame Jean-Rene Lisnard of Monaco 6-3 6-1 in his opening match. Full drawsheet
- - British number one Andy Murray gets his clay-court season underway at the Monte Carlo Masters as he takes on Viktor Troicki.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||10/02/1986|