|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for the giant Canadian is No.3 seed David Ferrer or No.7 seed Feliciano Lopez, who play now. Join us around 3.30pm UK time for Rafael Nadal’s quarter-final against Janko Tipsarevic. BOOKMARK NADAL V TIPSAREVIC: LIVE
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-7(3) – Murray succumbs to a superior opponent on the day despite holding the following two service points – he desperately defends on the final point before lamely hitting into the net.
- - (1-6) – An ace for 5-1 gets him within sniffing distance of victory and Murray cannot get back the following first serve either.
- - (1-4) – And he only manages to claim the first of the two crucial service points that follow.
- - (0-3) – Murray in trouble after losing his first service point and failing to threaten on the following two from the Canadian.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-6 – Just the one point won by Murray as Raonic forces that tie-break with some top play at the net – alongside that first serve, naturally.
- - MURRAY 4-6 6-5 – Perfect service game from Murray to ease to a hold and within a break of the set – failing that, we will have a tie-break.
- - MURRAY 4-6 5-5 - BREAK - Murray powerless at the back of the court but gets the ball back high in the air; Raonic smashes and the Scot digs out another lob; and the next smash is long! Another long stroke gives Murray greater hope at 0-30 and he goes on to win two break points with a passing shot played on the run. On the second of them Raonic hits into the net and Murray finally has a break!
- - MURRAY 4-6 4-5 – BREAK – Murray taken to deuce on his serve – and Raonic plays a clinical flat winner on to the sideline to go advantage up. He then converts the break point – and will now serve for the match.
- - MURRAY 4-6 4-4 - Clever approach from Murray to force Raonic back and claim the first point. In this way, he is finding more joy while receiving. But Raonic has been just superb so far and bashes his way to the game once more.
- - Murray is hanging in there - it's strange to find yourself rooting for him almost as an underdog! What do you think? DROP ME A LINE ON TWITTER
- - MURRAY 4-6 4-3 - A weak forehand from Murray puts him two break points down. He saves the first as Raonic hits into the net with the Scot advancing; and a similar outcome following a difficult Murray volley from low down saves the second. A smash gives Murray advantage and he claims the service game at the conclusion of a fraught rally.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-3 - A cushioned volley across the court gives Murray the lead at 15-30 but that serve he is so desperate to break powers Raonic to 40-30. Murray strikes several forehands at Raonic at the net, eventually forcing him to volley out, for deuce; however the Canadian systematically destroys the Murray defence to draw level once more in the set.
- - MURRAY 4-6 3-2 - Clever attacking play from the British number one to go 30-0 up and his third ace puts him further ahead. A lovely pass from Raonic defeats the Murray approach and net attack - but a stunning winner across court from corner to corner closes out the game.
- - MURRAY 4-6 2-2 - So tall is Raonic, he looks almost hunched as he walks about the court between points. Murray forces a mistake from him for 15-15 but a poor return puts him behind. Murray again draws level - his best showing on the Raonic serve so far. A netcord which falls wide sees Murray go to deuce... and he wins a break point as Raonic uncharacteristically drops one into the net. It is saved by a big serve, and Murray is equally powerless to get back the following two.
- - MURRAY 4-6 2-1 - He is world number four for a reason, though, and proves it with a love game of his own. Is he about to change through the gears?
- - MURRAY 4-6 1-1 - Murray fails to win a point on his rival's serve again - he has taken only four of 28 such points in the match.
- - MURRAY 4-6 1-0 - Better from Murray at the start of the second set, although he drops two points with errors before sealing the hold.
- - MURRAY 4-6 - SET - Straightforward for Raonic in closing out the set. The 'New Pete Sampras' has too much on serve for one of the best returners in tennis. He has won 94 per cent of his first-service points.
- - MURRAY 4-5 - Murray visibly frustrated with an out first serve - smacking the returned ball into the corner - before hitting a forehand long on the point to go 15-15. The watching Ivan Lendl will have some work to do today... a double fault puts him behind but Raonic finds the net for 30-30 and Murray digs out the hold with the help of an ace. He must break now, though.
- - MURRAY 3-5 - Very easy for Raonic, with Murray giving up on one point after getting the return back from deep. And a winner to the corner puts him two games down. Murray had a simple last match in beating Santiago Giraldo, but today is anything but for him - Raonic one game from taking the set. MURRAY EASES PAST GIRALDO
- - MURRAY 3-4 - BREAK - Murray in trouble at the start of this game. He then insists on using the drop shot again and in comes Raonic... Murray looks for the lob and is smashed to go break point down. He commits an error to lose control of the set.
- - MURRAY 3-3 - Raonic looking very good on serve. You can see why the 21-year-old is so highly rated and has given some of the game's top players hell.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - The 11th seed causing greater problems for Murray on his serve - although the Scot again manages to hold thanks to unforced errors.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Love game to hold from Raonic as Murray fails to get near his first serve.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - Second seed Murray drops the first point but fights back to move ahead once more. He is having to defend for some time on many rallies.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Raonic has over 300 aces this year already - and adds another two on his way to a solid hold. Murray argues unsuccessfully that a serve called out against his 6'5" opponent was in fact in - a sporting gesture from the Scot.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - A disguised drop is just wide from Murray to peg him back at 15-15. Raonic finds the net on the next point and sends a backhand wide on the one following. A pair of winners from the Canadian takes them to deuce; Murray saves a break point and survives some fierce forehands to take the hold.
- - Murray to serve first. The world number 25 Raonic has no ranking points to defend at the moment and is expected to shoot up the rankings this year - a top-10 player by its end, perhaps? What do you think? Drop me a line on Twitter. CONTACT JON SYMCOX ON TWITTER
- - An earlier start for Murray today, and there are light clouds holding back the sun. The players are reading to start this match.
- - The giant Canadian poses a tough test for British second seed Murray. He beat Nicolas Almagro in straight sets in the last round. ATP BARCELONA DRAW
- - Andy Murray takes on Milos Raonic in the quarter-finals of ATP Barcelona.
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|