|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - KVITOVA 6-2 4-6 5-1 - BREAK! Kvitova is on fire now and flashes some killer returns past the Russian for triple break point. The first is saved as she gets her angles wrong with an attempted forehand pass. A mighty return sees the two remaining break points taken and Kvitova will serve for the match.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 4-6 3-1 After holding, Kvitova has another break point which she loses after returning long. And Bratchikova holds in the end with a neat pass from the net after giving the Czech the runaround.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 4-6 2-0 - BREAK! Here we go, Kvitova returns to form with a couple of superb return and rushes. But a fine drive from the Russian flies past the advancing Czech for 15-30. But then the Russian hits long and two break points! The first is saved as Kvitova on the run spoons one wide, the second though sees a superb first serve met with a killer return that Bratchikova can only met with a long drive!
- - KVITOVA 6-2 4-6 1-0 Kvitova starts the final set with some dreadful serves as she continues to fall apart. 15-40! But she saves break point as Bratchikova returns long, and goes on to hold with some fine serves. Important hold from two break points down.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 4-6 - SET! Well after that mini-revival some off-colour hitting sees Kvitova fall 0-40, three set points... and Bratchikova holds to love with a big serve! Even stevens, and Kvitova is really not enjoying herself all of a sudden!
- - KVITOVA 6-2 3-5 BREAK! Well with Bratchikova serving for the set Kvitova raises her game and breaks with a display of power and accuracy, wakey wakey.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 2-5 - Kvitova is having a bit of a nightmare now as Bratchikova ups her game and breaks twice. The Czech does however hold to stop the rot.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 0-1 - BREAK! Fine start to this set for the Russian though as she plays a more adventurous attacking game this time, breaking Kvitova by attacking the net at will. But can she hang on to it?
- - KVITOVA 6-2 - SET! The Czech is in charge now after that early break-trade and she breaks once more to take the first set in just over half an hour.
- - KVITOVA 1-3 - BREAK! Ah but the Czech is more assertive this time, electing to use her forehand from deep and she breaks straight back to regain her lead.
- - KVITOVA 1-2 - BREAK! Well done the Russian, exploiting some hesitance from Kvitova, who seems reluctant to move in or back as Bratchikova counter-attacks to perfection.
- - KVITOVA 2-0 - BREAK! Perfect start for Petra, who holds comfortably before breaking her opponent with a sweeping, angled double-hander that the Russian can't reach, skewing the flick into the net.
- - Hello and welcome to day seven of the French Open. The women get the day underway, with Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova - the fourth seed - up against Russian qualifier Nina Bratchikova on Philippe Chatrier.
|Date of Birth||28/06/1985|
|Date of Birth||08/03/1990|