|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - WATSON 3-6 4-6 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Goerges wins through in straight sets as she keeps her composure on serve to close it out, and Watson is unable to force a late response! It was a valiant effort from the Brit, but she is out of the French Open! Goerges will next take on Rus in the third round. Drawsheet
- - WATSON 3-6 4-5 - Watson deserves tremendous credit as she battles through to hold once more and Goerges will at least have to deal with the pressure of serving out for the match.
- - WATSON 3-6 3-5 - Goerges is given a stern challenge on serve as she has to fend off further resistance from Watson, but she eventually comes through to hold at 5-3, just a game away from the third round now.
- - WATSON 3-6 3-4 - BREAK! Goerges stamps her authority on the match with a clinical break of serve after deuce, and Watson is thwarted as she attempts to stay in front in this second set! Can she respond?
- - WATSON 3-6 3-3 - Goerges shows good perseverance as she holds to level at 3-3, and Watson is denied despite a brilliant forehand winner down the line!
- - WATSON 3-6 3-2 - Watson moves in front in this second set, and it's been a superb resurgence from the Brit, who is battling away tirelessly and is not prepared to give up.
- - WATSON 3-6 2-2 - BREAK! Goerges is left stunned as Watson roars back, and the Brit levels up the second set at 2-2 with a flourish and real guts! Watson is back on terms with confidence and momentum now.
- - WATSON 3-6 1-2 - Watson gets on the board in this second set with a string of fine serves to the body of Goerges, and the Brit follows each up mid court with real purpose.
- - WATSON 3-6 0-2 - Goerges consolidates her break of serve with a superb hold, and Watson throws everything she can at the German but cannot find a way through.
- - WATSON 3-6 0-1 - BREAK! Goerges takes complete control with a fine break of serve as Watson errs slightly and is ruthlessly punished by the German.
- - WATSON 3-6 - SET! Goerges takes the opening set as she pounds two huge forehands down the line and the German wraps it up! Watson has a lot of work to do to turn this match around.
- - WATSON 3-5 - Watson reduces the deficit once more as the Brit slams a backhand down the line, and she continues to battle on. Goerges is in control through.
- - WATSON 2-5 - Goerges moves to within a game of the opening set as she drills a forehand down the line, to follow up three big serves. The German is playing superbly.
- - WATSON 2-4 - Watson gets back on track on serve, and she finds three big first deliveries down the T to leave Goerges stretching to afford her with comfortable follow-up groundstrokes.
- - WATSON 1-4 - Watson is really falling behind now in this opening set as Goerges consolidates her break of serve and slams two fierce forehands down the line.
- - WATSON 1-3 - BREAK! Goerges breaks in clinical fashion as Watson double faults crucially to hand the German control in this opening set! Can Watson respond?
- - WATSON 1-2 - Goerges is finding a very good rhythm on serve, and she finds three big deliveries this time as Watson is given no chance of getting into a rally.
- WATSON 1-1 - Watson looks very composed as she comes through and holds under real pressure from Goerges, and she's level at 1-1.
- - WATSON 0-1 - Goerges holds serve with a solid game, and she fires two big serves to pin the Brit back behind the baseline.
- - Britain's Heather Watson takes on 25th seed Julia Goerges of Germany in their second-round clash on Court 2.
|Date of Birth||19/05/1992|
|Date of Birth||02/11/1988|