|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-2 6-3 6-4 Nadal serves out the match to 15 as Schwank returns wide and he is through to the last 16 where he will face either Milos Raonic or Juan Monaco, whose match is ongoing. Men's draw.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-3 5-3 - Nadal responds with a love hold of his own as his sliding volley is met by one that doesn't clear the net, followed by an unreturnable serve.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-3 4-3 - Ooh la la, a love hold from Schwank to get the Saturday night crowd excited. Nadal still in charge though.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-3 4-2 - Rafael Nadal holds and it looks very much like we'll stay with serve until the finish. Like a training exercise now.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-3 3-2 - Schwank manages to hold off deuce as Nadal nets a backhand return. He'll take what he can get right now.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-3 3-1 - Nadal holds to 15 with a lovely opened forehand into the corner. Should be done by 8pm local time.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! A nice early break for Nadal to sit on as he outmuscles Schwank. The Spaniard will just sit on this and play percentages until the end.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-3 1-1 - The first two games of this third and probably final set go with serve as Nadal doesn't push his opponent too hard.
- - NADAL 6-1 6-3 - SET! Nadal is serving for the second set and, after dropping a point to a fine volley from Schwank, the Spaniard watches one slice drift wide before bossing the rest of the game to close it out and take a commanding lead.
- - NADAL 6-1 5-3 - The first point goes Rafa's way as he deceives Schwank with a cool pass across the net. Schwank pulls out a good serve to level but a lovely angled drive off the corner puts Rafa back ahead. Rafa is a great retriever but the next point is a step too far for him and he nets. Schwank eventually manages to hold, but with some difficulty.
- - NADAL 6-1 5-2 - Rafa holds easily enough and Schwank must serve to stay in the second set.
- - NADAL 6-1 4-2 This is all quite straightforward for Nadal, although Schwank has worked out how to defend his serve - don't get dragged into a second-serve rally - and also holds.
- - NADAL 6-1 3-1 - We dropped out of that match to catch the tie-break with Monaco-Raonic, but nothing has changed. Schwank has managed to hold but it's gone quickly with serve.
- - NADAL 6-1 2-0 - BREAK! Nadal breaks to 30 as he dictates a rally with some smooth groundstrokes until Schwank eventually slices it wide.
- - NADAL 6-1 1-0 - Rafa kicks off the second set with a hold but it's not a comfortable one - Schwank pings some great winners about to make him work it off deuce, but Nadal does close it out in the end.
- - NADAL 6-1 - SET! Nadal races 30-0 up against serve and, while he drops a couple of points en route to his break, he does so and that is the first set.
- - NADAL 5-2 - The Spaniard holds but he takes his time about it, despite only dropping the one point.
- - NADAL 4-1 - Finally Schwank gets off the mark, another battle to deuce and he clips a volley beyond the stranded Nadal. Delight for him.
- - NADAL 4-0 - Schwank has found a bit of confidence suddenly as he wins some points against the Nadal serve, moving on to deuce. But when it gets gritty, Nadal excels and he takes it down to a baseline scrap, allowing him to win consecutive points at the second time of asking as he holds.
- - NADAL 3-0 - BREAK! Two break points to Rafa again as he sweeps a forehand out wide that Schwank just admires. The first is saved as Schwank somehow powers a forehand just too wide of Nadal after the Spaniard had boomed a nice drive in. And to deuce as he gets his serve together. Lovely volley for game point but he goes long, back to deuce, where they stay for a while, some cracking rallies too. And finally Nadal has too much for him in the rallies, breaking his resolve and service.
- - NADAL 2-0 - Schwank goes long at 30-30, that would have been break point. As it stands Rafa holds with a booming forehand out wide that Schwank makes but can only spoon high into the air.
- - NADAL 1-0 - BREAK! A promising start for the Argentine is quickly blown away as Rafa blasts some vicious returns in before grinding him down for an early break.
- - NADAL 0-0 This match is underway as King Rafa faces the unheralded Argentine, who has ability but is yet to really show it in his career.
|Date of Birth||23/04/1986|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|