|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 5-2 - Nole is serving for the match and he takes the first point off a rally, giving Devilder the runaround. Then the Frenchman nets with a backhand and suddenly we have three match points - which the Serb takes off second serve as Devilder somehow is beaten by a wonderful drive on the run! Great shot to win it! They embrace, Nole breaks into a jig, and he next faces Seppi. Men's draw.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 5-2 - Devilder is serving to stay in the match. And he does so quite well, Nole initially getting a point off him but unable to return for three in a row. The home fans are enjoying this even though he's getting tanked.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 5-1 - A second break point to Devilder as Nole fluffs his lines again. But a fine serve is returned wide for deuce. A good serve is returned just over but Nole has attacked the net and scoops it beyond Devilder. But Nole goes long again! Now he smiles, finally. And eventually Nole holds as he attacks the net and skews a disguised forehand wide left. Devilder serving to stay in the tournament.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 4-1 - Nole is letting himself get distracted by this Friday night crowd, as he overhits one very long to bring up break point. First serve is a yard wide, the second draws a rally that Devilder is controlling until a lovely backhand by Nole opens it up, leading to a Devilder slice to net. Another rally off deuce and a mis-hit by Devilder after a very low drive from Nole had cleared the net. And Nole nets after an attempted volley! Unforced error.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 4-1 - Speaking of easy holds, Devilder won't lie down as he wants to drag this out as long as possible. And his ace to hold to 15 is greeted with a big cheer from the fans and a celebration of his own.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 4-0 - Nole obviously wants a nice early night and he's not his usual jokey self between points, instead dusting himself down and getting on with it. Devilder does volley one down the line but it's an easy hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 3-0 - BREAK! Nole is on the brink of another break but he nets from a strong position and it's deuce. Ach but he breaks again as he takes on the rallies with that steely determination, Devilder netting in the end.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 2-0 - Nole drops a couple of points but eats it back with a stunning backhand volley on the move. He may not be as flamboyant as Fed but he's technically brilliant. Djoko holds in end, bossing the rally before adding some pace on his forehand, meaning Devilder falls and spins it to net. Hold, having been 0-30 down.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! Devilder battles gamely but Nole just has too much for him as he breaks at the first time of asking in what is surely the final set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 6-2 - SET! Nole replies to the insolence of that hold with a love hold where poor Devilder barely gets a touch. And that is the second set - they could finish this before sundown you know.
- - Remember, this match is on British Eurosport, also available on the Eurosport Player. Sign up here!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-2 Serving to stay in the set when you're playing Nole is never easy, but Devilder is not a bad player at all and he shows some classy baseline play and a few tasty serves. 40-15. But Nole pings back a wicked passed return and it's 40-30. Then, after getting a return wide and forcing a backhand, Nole rushes as Devilder's effort falls short. Deuce. Eventually he holds and Nole with serve for the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-1 A gruelling rally is won by Nole, who goes 40-15 up before holding. Devilder serving to stay in the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-1 - BREAK! Now Nole has break point after a highly-competitive game that saw Devilder give as good as he got - and in the end it's Djokovic who takes it as his sweeping forehand is met by Devilder's, which lands long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-1 - Nole then holds with ease and poise, some fine serving as he cruises away.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Real clay, not smurf clay. Nole slides about with great control as he shimmies into a volley at the net that he clips effortlessly away. He's 40-15 up now, two break points with Devilder on second serve... and he takes them as Devilder hits one long.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-1 -BREAK BACK! Now Devilder shows great spirit to put himself at break point! A bit sloppy from Nole but his foe is trying gamely for every point. AND HE TAKES IT WITH A KILLER DRIVE WIDE OF NOLE! He's delighted and so are his pals in the crowd.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Devilder on serve to start this second set and an almost casual drop shot brings him to 30-30. But no, the first serve had been called out and he has to fire in another winner to level. But a sloppy backhand doesn't come off and it's break point Nole - which the Serb takes after opting to attack the net on the next rally, volleying cutely to bounce shot of the scrambling Devilder.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 - SET! Nole just needs to hold to close it out and he dictates the rallies two shots ahead of the game. 40-0. He doesn't take the first of three set points after overhitting one, an unforced error, but aces to the set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 Nole returns every serve with interest and it looks like he may get that bagel. There was a lovely drop volley at the net in there too. But Devilder bites back with some ferocious serves, closing out a narrow hold with an ace.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-0 Devilder is having a real go but Nole has too much for him, and powers into a 5-0 lead with unerring accuracy. Bagel O'Clock?
- - DJOKOVIC 4-0 - BREAK! ...but a brilliant kick serve leaves Nole for dead as Devilder brings it back to 15-30. They move to deuce and Djoko takes advantage again, with Devilder on second serve. A rally ensues, and Djokovic wins it as Devilder goes just wide! This match is now on British Eurosport, with Azarenka-Wozniak on Eurosport 2.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 An easy hold for Nole, who powers 30-0 ahead against serve...
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 -BREAK! Nole bounds 30-0 up against serve with some crisp returns... And he takes an early, easy break with aplomb. That's more like it.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 After dropping a few points Djokovic manages to level. But a failed drop shot sees Devilder get a break point! Brought back by the Nole serve, and the Serb dominates the next rally to bring up advantage. And he takes it as Devilder returns long.
- - Nole is out warming up with Devilder, who is in a Grand Slam third round for the first time. This is on British Eurosport 2, and the Player. You'll have to wait for Azarenka-Wozniak, or use the Eurosport Player.
- - Okay, because of those two absurd epic matches on Suzanne Lenglen, there is a major court change - Victoria Azarenka and Aleksandra Wozniak's third-round clash has been moved to Court One, allowing Djokovic-Devilder to go ahead at the same time. We'll aim to get you updates from Azarenka's match too, but they'll be simultaneous. Both will be on the Eurosport Player, whatever happens with the TV screenings as Federer is ongoing but soon-to-finish.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||25/03/1980|