|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ISNER 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-3 16-18 - THE EPIC FINALLY COMES TO AN END! Mathieu wins and salutes the crowd after what is one of the most incredible encounters in Grand Slam history! Isner is defeated on this occasion, and Mathieu is victorious in front of the French crowd! What a match and it's taken well over four hours! Next up for Mathieu is a clash with either Marcel Granollers or Malek Jaziri. Drawsheet
- - ISNER 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-3 15-15 - Isner saves two match points at 15-40 down on serve as he comes through to hold serve yet again, and the American simply refuses to be beaten in this titanic battle! Mathieu has the crowd right behind him, of course...
- - ISNER 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-3 6-6 - It's another typical Isner marathon as the American finds levels up the final set against Mathieu at 6-6 and this looks set to go on and on and on.
- - ISNER 7-6 4-6 4-6 6-3 - SET! As is standard, Isner is involved in a five-set match, and he ensures that that is the case by taking the fourth set 6-3 with real intensity and purpose. He deserves to take it to five, and the French crowd are loving this.
- - ISNER 7-6 4-6 4-6 - SET! Mathieu delights the French crowd by taking the third set against Isner, and a solitary break of serve is sufficient for him to take it 6-4 and move ahead in this extremely tight match!
- - ISNER 7-6 4-6 - SET! Mathieu holds serve to close out the second set in efficient fashion, and the Frenchman delights his supporters on Philippe Chatrier as he levels up this match ruthlessly.
- - ISNER 7-6 - SET! Isner takes the opening set in characteristic fashion - he clenches his fist in delight after winning the tie-break 7-2 with Mathieu fading in the breaker after looking consistent on his serve throughout.
- - Big John Isner is in action against Paul-Henri Mathieu in their second-round match on Philippe Chatrier.
|Date of Birth||12/01/1982|
|Date of Birth||26/04/1985|