No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 6-2 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Murray wins through to the third round after a very testing match with Jarkko Nieminen, and he manages it in four sets after struggling with a bad back injury throughout the opening set and early part of the second. Next up for Murray will be a third-round clash with Santiago Giraldo. Drawsheet
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-2 - Murray moves to within a game of victory and the third round as Nieminen folds on serve once more, and the fourth seed is on the brink of a very tough win.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 4-2 - Murray has no problem holding very comfortably to move to within two games of victory, and Nieminen is making no impact whatsoever on his opponent's serve.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 3-2 - Nieminen again manages to reduce the deficit as he drills a forehand down the line to back up his serve, and Murray is unable to challenge on return on this occasion.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 3-1 - Nieminen is not able to challenge Murray on return as he misplaces three backhands and fails to reach a drop shot as the Brit restores his cushion in the fourth set.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 2-1 - Nieminen belatedly gets on the board in the fourth set as he holds serve under pressure once more, and the Finn is able to restore some pride. But can he force his way back into the set and get back on terms?
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 2-0 - Murray consolidates his early break in this fourth set, and he is looking unstoppable now as he takes control, eyeing a four-set victory! What a transformation for both players.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Murray immediately stamps his authority on the fourth set, and the Brit is managing to really take his momentum through to leave Nieminen with no chance of forcing his way back into the contest.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 - SET! Murray encounters few problems in holding serve to close out the third set, and he is thriving now against Nieminen, who looks devoid of ideas. Can the Finn find any response in the fourth set?
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 5-1 - BREAK! What a resurgence from Murray, and he now has the opportunity to serve out for the third set and assume control of this match. Nieminen seems to have absolutely no response right now.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 4-1 - Murray comfortably holds serve, and this is a world away from when he was struggling to complete his delivery at all early in the opening set. His back has loosened up considerably.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 3-1 - Nieminen gets back into the set with a very belated service hold, but even this game goes to deuce and Murray has a few chances to secure a 4-0 lead which he is not able to take.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 3-0 - Murray holds serve once more, and Nieminen goes wide with two sloppy unforced errors as he continues to look increasingly ragged. Murray is resurgent.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 2-0 - BREAK! Murray breaks serve once more as he stamps his authority on the third set, and the Brit is roaring into a commanding position in this match having overcome his early injury scare.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 1-0 - Murray holds with relative ease at the start of this third set, and Nieminen has completely lost the plot. The Finn is not managing to keep his composure at all.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 - SET! What a recovery from Murray, who takes the second set with a break to love, and Nieminen has gone completely into his shell and is really struggling to live with the resurgent Brit now! Murray is still not moving normally, but is playing clinical and aggressive tennis.
- - MURRAY 1-6 5-4 - What a turnaround this is from Murray, who takes his third game in succession with a very fine service hold under immense pressure from deuce. Nieminen is losing his conviction and confidence rapidly - can he hold now?
- - MURRAY 1-6 4-4 - BREAK! Murray roars back to level at 4-4 in the second set, and the world number four is thriving now as he drills a forehand down the line and manages to find a backhand winner to close out the game. We're back on terms!
- - MURRAY 1-6 3-4 - There is still just one break of serve separating the players on Philippe Chatrier, and Murray holds serve from deuce with a quite stunning forehand down the line for a clean winner giving him the game.
- - MURRAY 1-6 2-4 - Nieminen restores his cushion with a solid hold, and Murray is being forced to work extremely hard from the back of the court, but his movement is looking better and better as the set wears on.
- - MURRAY 1-6 2-3 - Murray reduces the deficit with a second hold in this set, and he's battling away admirably, attempting to challenge with very limited movement and outfoxing Nieminen with pure skill.
- - MURRAY 1-6 1-3 - Nieminen holds serve with just two first deliveries landing in as Murray struggles to keep a rally with a desperate drop shot at one point epitomising the way he is having to think with limited movement.
- - MURRAY 1-6 1-2 - Murray holds to 15, and he does superbly to find three first serves, albeit significantly slower deliveries than usual. Nieminen grabs a point back with a fierce return, but Murray holds.
- - MURRAY 1-6 0-2 - Nieminen consolidates his break of serve with consummate ease, and this is pretty painful to watch as Murray goes for broke with every return, to no avail. Will his serve improve in the next game?
- - MURRAY 1-6 0-1 - BREAK! Nieminen breaks again with ease, and the Finn is coasting here as Murray continues to stretch his back in between points - he's battling on, but is this advisable? He may feel as though the pain is going to ease off.
- - MURRAY 1-6 - SET! Will Murray retire at the end of the set? Again, the trainer is called out, and the Brit looks set to soldier on, but he is moving around very uncomfortably, and Nieminen almost seems to question whether the match will go on at all.
- - MURRAY 1-5 - BREAK! Nieminen breaks back again with ease, and Murray is barely able to complete his action at all as he drops the ball in very softly. The Finn is simply able to power his returns into the open court, and this is not good at all.
- - MURRAY 1-4 - BREAK! Murray breaks back, but he is really struggling to move around the court. The big test will be if he can serve properly, and he's just chipping the ball back at the moment.
- - This is very bad for Murray, and he has the trainer called out to look at his back. A series of stretches and exercises follow, and he's really struggling.
- - MURRAY 0-4 - BREAK! This is going very wrong indeed for Andy Murray, and he is broken for a second successive game - he's looking extremely sluggish and out of sorts and Nieminen is simply able to capitalise with a solid game.
- - MURRAY 0-3 - Nieminen is pushed to 30-30 as Murray finds a perfect drop shot and slams a backhand pass down the line, but the Finn keeps his poise and holds serve to consolidate his break of serve. Can Murray arrest this slump?
- - MURRAY 0-2 - BREAK! Nieminen breaks serve after another bizarre game from Murray, and the Brit looks incredibly sluggish early on. The Finn breaks with his fourth break point, and Murray's body language as he looks up to Ivan Lendl is very poor indeed.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Nieminen survives a big early scare as he is forced to deuce by Murray, and the Finn really struggles to exert his authority after a series of long rallies before finally finding two big serves to hold.
- - We have a video for you to watch: Andy Murray explains why he feels so confident about progressing past Nieminen at Roland Garros. Watch the video!
- - Murray leads the pair's head-to-head record 3-0 with wins at Wimbledon, Toronto and the Paris Masters. Can he prevail today against the Finn?
- - This match is LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD (Sky 410/412, Virgin Media 521). You can also watch it on the Eurosport Player, with your choice of up to 7 courts – Chatrier, Lenglen, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7
- - Britain's Andy Murray takes on Jarkko Nieminen in their French Open second-round clash at Roland Garros.
|Date of Birth||23/07/1981|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|