|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - That will have sent an ominous message to the other two men left in the draw - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer. They are next on court, by the way, doing battle for the right to face Rafa in Sunday's final!
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Ferrer does brilliantly well to hold his ground, battering a forehand winner down the line to bring up a game point but Nadal runs around the ball on the next point and riffles a forehand winner of his own down the line to level at deuce before a Ferrer backhand goes astray to hand Rafa a match point ... Nadal steps inside the court and drills an off-forehand winner across court
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 5-1 - Nadal opens the game with an ace before going on to hold to 15 with another blistering forehand winner straight down the line. Ferrer's only point comes when Nadal fails to get up to a drop shot, the ball bouncing twice before Nadal can get his return over the net. Ferrer will have to serve to stay in this match ...
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 4-1 - BREAK - Nadal steps up on to the baseline to drill a backhand across court for a winner before also finding a forehand winner down the line to bring up another two break points. Only one is needed though as Ferrer fails to find the court with an inside out cross court forehand.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 3-1 - Another dominant service display from Nadal as he pushes Ferrer around the court, eventually drawing the error of a backhand long down the centre of the court, to hold without trouble and maintain his lead
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 2-1 - A bit of a cheer goes up around Chatrier as Ferrer holds to love to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over once again.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 2-0 - Nadal races through a love service hold to consolidate his early break in this third set, Ferrer sending his forehand return of serve sailing well long of the baseline
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 1-0 - BREAK - Ouch! Ferrer, who has changed back into his white shirt like the first set, is pushed deep behind the baseline as Nadal hits a series of huge forehands. It's a break to the world number two to open this third, and let's face it, probably final set with a break when Ferrer hits a backhand wide
- - NADAL 6-2 6-2 - SET - Nadal brings up two set points with some scintilating play, racing from one side of the baseline to the other, ending things with a running forehand passing shot winner flicked down the line. Ferrer saves the first with a cross court forehand that he lands right on the line. But Nadal does wrap up the set at the second attempt, with just a casual nod of the head from Uncle Toni in approval!
- - NADAL 6-2 5-2 - Ferrer does well to stick with Nadal through a lengthy rally before working his way up to the net to fire a backhand across court. And he goes on to hold at the first attempt, to 15, with a forehand winner.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-1 - Nadal races through a love service hold, a serve out wide sealing the game as Ferrer cannot cope with it and sends his backhand return into the bottom of the net. Ferrer will have to serve to stay in this second set next
- - NADAL 6-2 4-1 - Here we go then. Play about to get back underway with Nadal serving a set and a double break up ...
- - The players are back out on court and are going through a short warm-up. Things should get back underway soon ...
- - The covers are coming off the court, so resumption of play in this match cannot be too far away ...
- - Good news, folks. The excess water is being swept off the tarps on Chatrier and it is appearing brighter overhead. Hopefully we will have more play for you soon.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-1 - BREAK - Il pluet en Roland Garros. Nadal breaks once again, Ferrer sending a forehand long to concede his serve as the rain come down in earnest. Play is officially suspended and the groundstaff scamper on to pull the covers across
- - NADAL 6-2 3-1 - Nadal races through a love service hold to race ahead in this second set. It has got very dark overhead now although somehow the rain is holding off still. It could be a timely delay for Ferrer at this rate
- - NADAL 6-2 2-1 -BREAK - An extraordinary rally of over 30-strokes includes a forehand that Rafa plays sitting down. The crowd love it and eventually Ferrer dumps a forehand into the net to hand Rafa two break points. Only one is needed though as Nadal breaks to lead this second set when his compatriot fails with a forehand
- - There are some rather ominous-looking clouds beginning to gather over Roland Garros and the ground-staff can also be seen loitering around Chatrier. Showers are forecast for today unfortunately.
- - NADAL 6-2 1-1 - Nadal produces some quality serving when he needs it once again, finding himself at 30-30 before going on to produce an ace and a serve out wide that Ferrer cannot return in court.
- - NADAL 6-2 0-1 - Ferrer stops the rot by winning his first game in five to open the second set with a hold, Nadal sending a regulation forehand long down the centre of the court to concede the game
- - "Ferrer maybe hoping a change of shirt, from white to pink, will help him in this second set! Not sure that's how this game works..." Don't forget that you can follow Tramlines on Twitter.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET - Rafa squanders a first set point with a forehand long down the centre of the court while Ferrer saves the second with a angled cross court backhand winner. But Ferrer can do nothing about the third as Rafa pushes him wide and forces the backhand down the line error. First set Nadal in 39 minutes.
- - NADAL 5-2 - BREAK - A first double fault from the older Spainard hands Nadal three more break points. Rafa fails to take advantage of the first instead hitting long but he does secure the double break on the second when a Ferrer forehand down the line goes wide. It's all getting a little one-sided now
- - NADAL 4-2 - Rafa races out to a 40-15 lead before Ferrer gets a little unlucky as his backhand across court, at the end of a 18-stroke rally, catches the top of the tape and is taken well wide into the tramlines. There's the break consolidation from the defending champion
- - NADAL 3-2 - BREAK - Suddenly Ferrer making errors and Nadal takes full advantage, using the wind to help him as well. He brings up three break points with a sliced backhand that cuts through the wind and stays low. And a forehand long from the younger Spaniard hands the break to his compatriot at the first opportunity
- - NADAL 2-2 - A series of absolutely brutal forehands from Ferrer followed by a foray into the net and a neat forehand volley winner across court brings up a first break point for Ferrer ... Nadal saves it by pushing Ferrer wide and drawing a forehand cross court error and goes on to save a second with a forehand volley winner. And the world number two holds when Ferrer hits long. Not easy for Rafa on serve so far though
- - NADAL 1-2 - Ferrer races through another confident hold as he targets the Nadal backhand and enjoys some success as the world number two misses a couple of cross-court shots. The wind is pretty swirling again today and much worse from the end that Nadal just was, but Ferrer will be content with this kind of confident start
- - NADAL 1-1 - Nadal gets himself out of a potential spot of bother at 30-30 with a decent backhand volley across court that goes for a winner after he had pushed Ferrer wide to the opposite corner with a forehand volley. Ferrer does push Nadal to deuce but the older Spaniard cannot fashion himself a break point advantage as he misses consecutive forehands and Nadal holds
- - NADAL 0-1 - Great, confident start from Ferrer as he holds to love when Nadal mis-fires on an attempted backhand down the line
- - It will be Ferrer to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - Ferrer has only taken 4 sets off Nadal in their 13 previous meetings ...
- - We even have a lovely video for you with Nadal revealing how wary he is of facing the in-form Ferrer... Nadal braced for challenge
- - If you are not already following TramlinesTennis on Twitter, then you really should do... @TramlinesTennis
- - Of course, this match is LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD! You can also watch it via the Eurosport Player!
- - Nadal has a 15-4 head-to-head record over Ferrer, with the world number two up against his sixth-ranked compatriot.
- - Six-time champion Rafael Nadal takes on David Ferrer as the two Spaniards lock horns in their French Open semi-final at Roland Garros.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|