|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 6-1 - DJOKOVIC WINS THROUGH TO THE SEMI-FINALS! What an incredible victory for the world number one as he roars back to win through to the last four at Roland Garros, but we have to spare a thought for the brilliant Tsonga, who gave absolutely everything and had four match points. Djokovic claims a huge win and will next face Federer in the semi-finals. Drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 5-1 - BREAK! Tsonga is out of this now as he looks utterly exhausted having planted a forehand into the base of the net, and Djokovic ruthlessly breaks serve to extend his advantage in this final set - he can now serve out for the match!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 4-1 - It's another exhausting game for both players as Djokovic clings on to hold after an extended deuce, and this match could not be any more gruelling at this stage with both men looking absolutely shattered!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 3-1 - Tsonga gets on the board in the final set with a crucial hold, and the Frenchman knew that he had to do so in order to compete with Djokovic absolutely desperate to kick on and take the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 3-0 - Djokovic is absolutely thriving now as he punches the air after consolidating his break of serve at the start of this final set, and Tsonga is really struggling to compete now having given his all.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 2-0 - BREAK! This could be a hugely significant moment in the match as Djokovic breaks serve to establish a 2-0 lead at the start of this final set! Tsonga wilts as he cuts a weary, despondent figure in the face of this pressure from Djokovic.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 1-0 - Djokovic completes a very comfortable hold at the start of the final set, and Tsonga looks a pretty weary man. Can he lift himself once more for his service game? The momentum is undoubtedly with Djokovic now.
- - Right, who are you all backing to come through and win this final set? Follow/get in touch on Twitter...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 7-6 - SET! Quite unbelievably, Djokovic pulls through to level up this match at two-sets all and, after saving four match points, it really is quite incredible that he has managed to hold firm and take the fourth set! Tsonga is left to rue missed opportunities.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 6-6 (6-5) - Djokovic slams a forehand winner down the line to move to 6-4, but he then goes wide with a misjudged backhand and Tsonga can hit back on serve...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 6-6 (5-4) - The tension is almost unbearable as Djokovic responds from 4-2 down to level at 4-4, and now Tsonga loses conviction with a poor backhand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 6-6 (2-3) - What a shot from Tsonga, who crashes a stunning backhand winner cross court! Djokovic is behind in the breaker, and there is rain in the air - what drama!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 6-6 - What an unbelievable match and an incredible game! Djokovic saves four match points as Tsonga very nearly clinches the win, but remarkably the Serb finds the strength and inspiration to close out the game and level at 6-6! We're into a tie-break...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 5-6 - What an incredible game once more as Djokovic puts Tsonga under a huge amount of pressure at 40-30 with two classy forehands to peg the Frenchman back, but the fifth seed pulls through impressively with a big serve to hold!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 5-5 - What a game from Djokovic! Tsonga produces two brilliant forehand winners to force two break points at 15-40, but remarkably Djokovic manages to recover to take the game to deuce, and he produces two fine serves to hold - a tremendous effort under ridiculous pressure!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 4-5 - Truly unbelievable serving from Tsonga sees the Frenchman delight the Chatrier crowd with a brilliant hold for 5-4, and Djokovic is left smiling as he remains helpless!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 4-4 - This match is very much still in the balance as Djokovic holds to level at 4-4, and it is very hard to pick a likely winner in this contest as both players continue to thrive from the back of the court and on serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 3-4 - Tsonga holds again under tremendous pressure, but Djokovic goes through emotional turmoil apparently as he twice loses his footing and bemoans his footing on the court. Tsonga keeps his cool, and this is incredibly tense!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 3-3 - There is absolutely nothing to separate the pair as Djokovic comes through another testing service hold to level at 3-3, and neither player is able to take control of this extremely tense fourth set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 2-3 - It's an epic game as Tsonga has to fend off three break points with Djokovic piling on the pressure in incessant fashion! The Frenchman comes through very courageously with two big serves to eventually take it, and he holds! A huge game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 2-2 - Djokovic levels at 2-2 with a very confident and assured hold, and Tsonga is not able to make an impact on his opponent's serve on this occasion as the Serb thrives.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 1-2 - Tsonga is playing with real composure and confidence now after a dismal opening set, and the transformation in his play has been incredible. He holds once more to keep his nose in front with Djoko unable to make an impact.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 1-1 - Djokovic is undeterred by Tsonga's exuberance as he produces a very efficient and clinical service hold. The Serb is managing to contain his emotions better now as he battles on.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 0-1 - Tsonga holds at the start of the fourth set as the Frenchman punches the air after a brilliant forehand down the line, and he plays the shot on the run! Djokovic is having to work incredibly hard here.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-7 - SET! What a stunning onslaught from Tsonga, who breaks in quite breathtaking fashion to take the third set and move in front in this match! Djokovic is left utterly shell-shocked, and he will have to take this all the way!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-6 - Djokovic looks up to his box with a look of thunder as he pushes Tsonga to deuce once more but cannot break serve, and the Frenchman holds to stay in front at the sharp end of this third set - what a contest this is! Can Djokovic hold under real pressure now? Who are you backing? Follow/get in touch on Twitter...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 5-5 - Djokovic is very fired up as he clenches his fist and roars with delight after holding to level at 5-5, and Tsonga is confounded as he looks to break at the crucial point in the set! There is nothing between this pair.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 4-5 - Tsonga holds once more to lead 5-4, and this time he does so with ease as he slams a forehand winner down the line to prompt another crazed ovation from the Chatrier crowd!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 4-4 - Djokovic levels at 4-4 in very gutsy, determined fashion, and we really are at the sharp end of this third set with both players thriving.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 3-4 - Tsonga acknowledges the crowd as he pulls through another arduous service game, holding after an extended deuce with Djokovic thwarted despite some fine returns.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 3-3 - Tsonga produces one of the finest shots of the tournament as he plays a deft half-volley which drops agonisingly over the net with Djokovic left utterly bewildered! But the Serb recovers to hold serve and level at 3-3.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 2-3 - Tsonga has his nose in front in this third set as he holds serve with three big deliveries at crucial moments in the game. Djokovic will need to respond now with things not going all his own way.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 2-2 - BREAK! Tsonga is undeterred as he hits straight back, and Djokovic again reacts angrily as he looks up at his box in frustration. Tsonga is right back on terms now and he deserves to be with some inspired play.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 2-1 - BREAK! It's an absolutely disastrous game for Tsonga as he buckles under the pressure and slips to 0-40 as Djokovic finds a few brilliant returns! The Frenchman gets a point back, but fails with a volley and he is broken! Will that prove crucial?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 1-1 - Djokovic is given a tireless challenge as he battles through to hold in very tough circumstances, and the crowd are really backing Tsonga now as he looks to carry his momentum through into the third set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 0-1 - Tsonga holds under real pressure from deuce as he blasts a forehand down the line, and the Frenchman jumps around in jubilant fashion as he takes another huge ovation! Djokovic is furious.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-7 - SET! What a stunning display of powerful hitting from Tsonga, who breaks serve at the crucial point in the set to level up this match at one-set all! After looking down and out, Tsonga is suddenly back in this! Where do you see this match heading? Twitter...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-6 - Tsonga leads at a crucial point in this second set as he comes through an extended deuce to hold under immense pressure from Djokovic! The crowd are delighted, and there is an incredible atmosphere on Chatrier now!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 5-5 - Djokovic holds to level at 5-5, and he clenches his fist and looks up to his camp with a determined expression. His serve continues to be very consistent, and this set could go either way.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-5 - Tsonga holds serve to lead at the business end of this second set, and the Frenchman is playing with a lot more confidence and conviction right now.
- - How do you see this match changing? Are you backing Djokovic to win easily, or will Tsonga respond? Get in touch on Twitter!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-4 - BREAK! There is a huge ovation for Tsonga as he clenches his fist in delight and celebrates breaking back to level at 4-4 in this second set! What a break of serve, and Djokovic looks stunned as he plants a forehand into the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-3 - Djokovic is entirely focused on simply closing out this second set in clinical fashion, and he appears to ease off slightly as Tsonga completes a fairly comfortable hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 4-2 - Djokovic is unerring on serve as Tsonga is restricted to a forehand winner as he looks to pile on the pressure, but to no avail.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-2 - Tsonga again reduces the deficit with a second fine service game in succession, and the signs are encouraging for the French supporters now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 3-1 - Djokovic is given a tough test as Tsonga begins to settle with two fierce forehand winners, but the Serb has too much for the fifth seed as he holds.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-1 - Tsonga finally and belatedly gets on the board in this set with an unconvincing hold, and the Chatrier crowd are absolutely ecstatic! Djokovic has the break though.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 2-0 - Djokovic is cruising as Tsonga goes long with two forehand returns and drives a backhand pass out of play. He's having an absolute shocker as Djoko holds.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Djokovic breaks Tsonga to love with alarming ease, and this match is quickly slipping away from the Frenchman already! It's a quite remarkable showing.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-1 - SET! What a comfortable set for Djokovic, who romps through the opening set with consummate ease! Tsonga looks out of sorts, and the Serb does not have to produce his best tennis to take it 6-1! Can the Frenchman respond now?
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - BREAK! Oh dear, this is going very wrong for Tsonga, who fires two shoddy forehands wide and does not manage to challenge Djokovic from the back of the court as the Serb breaks for a second time!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Djokovic consolidates his break of serve with a tough service hold, and Tsonga is beginning to hit his straps on his forehand side as he gives the Serb a rough ride.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - BREAK! Djokovic breaks serve with ease as Tsonga double-faults and commits two further unforced errors in a very sloppy service game. The Frenchman is perhaps a bit tense, but he slips behind.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Djokovic holds once more with consummate ease as Tsonga twice goes wide with forehands, and the Serb is looking extremely assured at the start of this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Tsonga holds to level at 1-1, and the Frenchman finds two big first serves to the body to ensure that he holds and gets off to a fine start.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The world number one has no hesitation in electing to serve first, and he holds in very confident fashion to establish himself at the start of this match.
- - Who are you backing to win through from this quarter-final? Get in touch with us on Twitter @TramlinesTennis
- - This pair have a 5-5 head-to-head record with Tsonga ranked at number five, four places below Djokovic. It should be a very tense encounter on Chatrier!
- - You can watch this match LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD (Sky 410/412, Virgin Media 521) and on the Eurosport Player!
- - Next up on Court Philippe Chatrier, world number one Novak Djokovic takes on fifth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in their French Open quarter-final at Roland Garros.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|