|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 6-2 - MURRAY IS THROUGH TO THE QUARTER-FINALS! What a performance from Andy Murray, who recovers from a set down to beat Richard Gasquet in four sets with some quite brilliant tennis! He holds serve with his third match point and will next take on Spain's sixth-seeded David Ferrer in the quarter-finals! Drawsheet
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-2 - It's a truly incredible game as Murray forces two match points with stunning winners, only for Gasquet to dig himself out with a flurry of remarkable shots of his own! It's quite staggeringly good tennis from the pair.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 5-1 - It's a very subdued atmosphere now on Chatrier as Murray completes another masterful hold to leave his opponent with no chance of a resurgence. Murray is unerring on serve now and he closes in on victory.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 4-1 - BREAK! Murray is utterly irresistable now as he takes a second successive break of serve, and the Brit is in stunning form as he crashes a forehand down the line and follows it up with a backhand cross court!
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 3-1 - Murray consolidates his break of serve with a secure hold, and he clenches his fist in delight and stares up at Ivan Lendl as he marches off having established a commanding lead in this fourth set.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Murray stamps his authority on the match once more with a breathtaking forehand passing shot down the line, and Gasquet cannot respond. Murray closes out a crucial break of serve with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 1-1 - Murray holds with two brilliant volleys as he keeps his opponent pegged back firmly behind the baseline as he dictates the play. The Brit is thriving as he levels and will surely now attack the Gasquet delivery.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 0-1 - Gasquet holds firm in a thrilling game as he twice volleys behind the baseline to concede points but mixes in a few stunning points to ensure that he battles past Murray to hold - the crowd are going crazy!
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 6-1 - SET! Murray completes a brilliant set of attacking tennis with a very comfortable hold to serve out for a strong position in this match. Murray has all the momentum now and it will be a huge test of Gasquet's resolve to see if he can respond.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 5-1 - Gasquet finally gets on the board belatedly with a fine hold, and he is now just showing flashes of his immense talent with Murray dominating affairs.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 5-0 - Murray is playing with supreme confidence now as he moves to within a game of the third set, and Gasquet is unable to get into this at all. The Frenchman is suddenly lacking confidence and belief.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 4-0 - BREAK! This is quite remarkable tennis from Murray, who breaks for a second successive game to assume complete control in this third set with a 4-0 lead. Gasquet needs to find a response and quickly.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 3-0 - Murray consolidates his break of serve with a very fine hold, and Gasquet is being outsmarted around the court as the Brit dictates proceedings. The fourth seed is managing to take complete control here.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 2-0 - BREAK! Murray is positively thriving now as he breaks serve at the start of this third set, and Gasquet goes wide with a regulation forehand which epitomises his current slump. Murray has turned this around.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 1-0 - Murray holds in assured fashion at the start of the third set, and the momentum is all with the Brit now in front of a subdued Chatrier crowd! Gasquet is struggling all of a sudden.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-4 - SET! Murray strikes with some exceptional tennis and Gasquet cannot repel his opponent as he sees his serve broken! Murray levels up this match at one-set all and is now firmly on the front foot!
- - MURRAY 1-6 5-4 - What a hold from Murray, who clenches his fist in delight and determination as he closes it out! He's booed by the crowd as he gets two tight calls in his favour, but it's hardly his fault.
- - MURRAY 1-6 4-4 - Gasquet levels at 4-4 with a very composed service hold, and this match is really stirring the crowd on Chatrier as they get behind their man; Murray is desperately attempting to haul himself back into this.
- - MURRAY 1-6 4-3 - BREAK! Gasquet hits back in very assured fashion as Murray errs repeatedly on his forehand side, and he drags a poor shot into the base of the net to end a very frustrating game for the Brit!
- - MURRAY 1-6 4-2 - BREAK! This match is turning around in Murray's favour as he breaks in clinical fashion to lead 4-2 in the second set, and he makes it count with two quite brilliant forehand winners as Gasquet wavers!
- - A reminder that you can watch this match LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD (Sky 410/412, Virgin Media 521), also on the Eurosport Player!
- - MURRAY 1-6 3-2 - Murray keeps his nose in front with a composed hold, but he has to work very hard for it as Gasquet gets lucky with a net cord and drills a forehand winner down the line. The Frenchman has to serve from behind, however.
- - MURRAY 1-6 2-2 - Murray plays an exquisite drop shot as Gasquet is left shaking his head, but the Frenchman produces an emphatic smash to ensure that he closes out the game. It's nip and tuck.
- - MURRAY 1-6 2-1 - Murray is full of determination and resolve at the start of this second set as he again holds, and two big serves are followed up by a powerful forehand down the line as he remains ahead.
- - MURRAY 1-6 1-1 - This is quite sensational play from Gasquet, who holds serve to 15 with an exquisite drop shot and a fierce forehand down the line to follow it up next point. Can he sustain this level throughout?
- - MURRAY 1-6 1-0 - Murray gets off the mark straight away in the second set as he produces an assured, uneventful hold to leave Gasquet helpless. Can he challenge the Frenchman on his serve now?
- - MURRAY 1-6 - SET! Gasquet is positively brimming with confidence as he moves to 40-0 with three very fine first serves. Murray responds with a stunning forehand pass cross-court, but Gasquet closes out the set with a glorious backhand down the line!
- - MURRAY 1-5 - BREAK! Oh dear, this is going horribly wrong for Murray early on as he is broken for the second time with Gasquet ruthlessly capitalising on his every mistake. Murray is really struggling to find his rhythm and Gasquet can now serve out for the set...
- - MURRAY 1-4 - What a game from Gasquet! The Frenchman showcases his immense class as he slams two blistering forehands down the line after a string of fine serves. He's really thriving on Chatrier today.
- - MURRAY 1-3 - Murray belatedly gets on the board with a series of fine first serves, but it's not easy going again for the Brit as he is put under real pressure. Still, he's on the board at last.
- - MURRAY 0-3 - What an incredible rally! Murray twice hurls himself around at the back of the court to retrieve smashes before Gasquet eventually plants a backhand into the net. But the Frenchman holds to consolidate his break of serve.
- - MURRAY 0-2 - BREAK! Gasquet races to 0-40 as he destroys the Murray serve with a stunning array of returns, and Murray is only able to save two of the break points with big serves before seeing the Frenchman seize the advantage!
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Gasquet holds very comfortably as he gets off the mark with a flurry of fine first serves. Murray will now have to get going himself with the crowd really into this one.
- - As soon as the draw for the men's tournament was made, this likely match-up between the number four and 17 seeds was a stand-out prospect to begin the second week. The two players have met six times with honours even, though Gasquet prevailed in their most recent match, in Rome last month.
- - The pair have now met four times in Grand Slams, including a memorable five-setter at Roland Garros two years ago, with Murray undefeated.
- - We're all set on Chatrier, as Britain's Andy Murray takes on home favourite Richard Gasquet in their fourth-round clash!
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|