|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||6||7||6||-||-|
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 7-6 6-1 - GAME SET AND MATCH! Having held his serve, Del Potro is forcing Cilic to serve to stay in the match and the Argentine gets off to a flier with two points on the trot. Cilic looks done. And done he is, netting weakly to bring up two match points for DelPo, which the ninth seed takes as Cilic puts wide following a zippy return. Next up for DelPo is Berdych. Beastly.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 7-6 4-1 - BREAK! Despite putting up a stern challenge at times it seems Cilic will go out in straight sets as DelPo has his number, breaking again to go 4-1 up in what will be the final set.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 7-6(7) 2-1 BREAK! Two break points for DelPo early in the third set, and he takes them as Cilic nets after being pushed back by a second-serve return of some weight!
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 7-6(7) - SET! Finally Del Potro has the second set in the back, winning that rally on the tie-break to six.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 6-6 Del Potro was 3-0 up in the TB but has tanked dreadfully and now Cilic has set two points! He loses the first one though, on serve too, so it's still set point but with DelPo delivering. Ace. 6-6. And now DelPo has set point, but a gruelling rally - dictated by Cilic - sees the Argentine go long.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 6-6 This love affair with deuce is carrying on, with DelPo dropping a few more set points as neither man can gain consecutive points. Finally Cilic gets his serve together, levelling at 6-6 and forcing a tiebreak.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 6-5 DelPo is giving Cilic all kinds of grief as he serves to stay in the second set. It's set-point now, a rally follows and Cilic wins it. They sit on deuce for a spell, advantage gained and lost by both men, as this game drags on...
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 5-4 - BREAK! After that break Del Potro makes sure he gets his first serves in and it has gone with serve leaving the Argentine serving for the set. But Cilic is battling back, DelPo going long for 30-30. And now it's break point as Cilic returns with interest - and he takes it with a cool drive into space, DelPo stranded!
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 4-2 The first break in the second set and it goes to Del Potro, who out-moves Cilic as the Croat fails to get enough first serves in.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 - SET! In the meantime, Cilic was serving to stay in the set. He failed and DelPo is ahead.
- - DEL POTRO 5-3 It's just a hold but my what a fine volley from DelPo, stooping into the net using both hands to make a shield of his racquet. Cilic is serving to stay in the set.
- - DEL POTRO 3-1 The first BREAK comes on court one, and it goes to Del Potro, who holds afterwards.
- - DEL POTRO 0-0 This match is underway with Delpo on serve - as it stands it's only watchable on the Eurosport Player as we have Simon-Wawrinka and Tsonga-Fognini on the two channels. Sign up for the Player here!
- - Up next on Court One we have a very interesting match and one that surely befits a bigger stage - Juan Martin Del Potro, the ninth seed but fifth on ability in my view, is up against fellow giant Marin Cilic. Both men stand 6"6'. Big! This should make it on to either British Eurosport or Eurosport 2, but if not there is always the player. LIVE on Eurosport Player
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|