|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 6-4 - GAME SET AND MATCH! The first point is a calm volley at the net, the second is a serve the opponent can't return in, the third is a second-serve rally that Giraldo pumps long. A blip as Murray goes long at a rally, but he wins the match with a cross court backhand. Injury? What injury? Murray is controlled and clinical as, clearly with the handbrake on, he eases into the last 16, where he has the winner of Gasquet-Haas. Men's draw.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 5-4 - Unfussy hold from Giraldo now but he's only delaying the inevitable as Murray serves for the match.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 5-3 - No trouble for Murray to hold, he's just waiting for his next chance to finish this match off.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 4-3 - BREAK! Giraldo saves a break point with a fine drive beyond Murray's lunge, but the Scot battles back to another one, advantage, and second serve is needed... Giraldo has a couple of chances to kill a smash but he underhits them, eventually taking it back to deuce when Murray goes long. But off second serve Murray works another break point... taken as Giraldo undercooks a backhand into the net.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 3-3 - Murray responds with a swift hold of his own as Giraldo slips while playing the final error.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 3-2 - Less fuss for Giraldo to hold there as Murray opts to wait for the chance instead of chasing it. No need to do anything silly at this stage.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 2-2 - Giraldo giving Murray a bit of grief on his serve as he catches him with a lob, but it's only 40-30 and Murray holds with the next serve.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 1-2 Murray holds with a bit more comfort than his opponent, although Giraldo holds to 15 with a big serve that Murray returns long. Still even in this third set.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 0-1 - An epic first game to kick the third set off as Murray looks for the early break, pegging Giraldo back from game point to deuce twice. And now break point as, off second serve, the Colombian goes very long! Second serve is needed, Murray returns in, makes the follow-up and Giraldo again pumps it long but it clips the line! Deuce again... He holds with another risky long one that bounces just short of Murray and a serve he can't return in.
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 - SET! Murray unusually loses out on a rally to start this service game, which if he holds will give him the second set. He responds with another baseline duel, taking the next one as his opponent goes long. But then Murray pings one wide, a rare unforced error from him. And at 30-30 another long rally is shaded by Giraldo, who has break point!! A let off though as Giraldo nets. Deuce. Phew. And he pulls out some fine serves to hold and take the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-3 5-4 - Giraldo is serving to stay in the set and Murray is giving him one heck of a test, but off deuce the Colombian holds to make the Scot serve for it A couple of vicious returns in there from Murray.
- - MURRAY 6-3 5-3 - The world number four holds easily enough and now Giraldo is serving to stay in the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-3 4-3 - A weak backhand into the net spurns a chance for Murray to snatch something against serve here. Giraldo holds but Murray is still a break to the good.
- - MURRAY 6-3 4-2 - Murray holds with little to no fuss, looking to get this second set under his belt asap.
- - MURRAY 6-3 3-2 - BREAK! He sniffs the chance and he takes it, Murray is in charge of this match now after a fine array of baseline shots and hustles to the net.
- - MURRAY 6-3 2-2 - A slightly more complex hold for Murray, who has to work off deuce after some tasty returns from Giraldo, but he closes out the game to keep things level in the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-3 1-2 The first three games in this second set have gone with serve. Murray seems happy to roll with the punches before waiting for an opportunity.
- - MURRAY 6-3 - SET! Murray is conserving is energy cleverly, not really overdoing it as Giraldo serves. Now the Scot serves for the first set. And he races 30-0 up without any real resistance, bringing up three set points as another powerful serve wide leaves the Colombian for dead. The first serve is out, the second is in but the rally is always Murray's and Giraldo eventually nets.
- - MURRAY 5-2 - Easy hold for Muzzah, who has Giraldo in his sights now. But will he last the distance?
- - MURRAY 4-2 - BREAK! Murray fights back to deuce against serve as he bosses a baseline rally until it's laid up for a smash. This is half a chance as another rally ensues and, yes, a break point for Murray as he controls it once more, Giraldo netting weakly after four shots apiece. And he completes the break as Giraldo nets again.
- - MURRAY 3-2 Murray gets his serve in order and holds to love as Giraldo nets. More like it from the world number four.
- - MURRAY 2-2 Again Murray drops a few points on a sluggish-looking serve but he holds in the end; as with earlier, Giraldo goes 40-0 up on serve but Murray fires in a vicious return. Giraldo holds to 15 though.
- - MURRAY 1-1 Giraldo lays down a marker with a booming love hold to kick things off for him.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Yup, it's Murray time. Is his back going to give him trouble or was he just being a 'drama queen'? He holds to 30 in his first service game against a Colombian he has played once before, winning in straight sets in Barca a few weeks ago.
|Date of Birth||27/11/1987|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|