|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||4||1||-||-||-|
- - Tsonga 6-4 6-1 – MATCH! Tsonga breaks again and he just needs to serve out for the match. It’s two match points and he only needs one as Del Potro hits tamely long. After a strong start from the Argentine he faded badly, possibly his knee causing the trouble.
- - Tsonga 6-4 4-1 – Is Del Potro’s knee beginning to tell? He’s dropped the opening three games in the second set. He holds in the fourth, but there’s no stopping Tsonga as he edges ever close to victory. He looks pumped up while Del Potro looks deflated. The Argentine also has a medic out now at the turnaround.
- - Tsonga 6-4 2-0 – BREAK! Tsonga holds his own serve then works two break points on the Del Potro serve. The Argentine is really losing it on the big moments at the minute and hits a tame backhand into the net.
- - Tsonga 6-4 – SET! Absolutely brillaint forehand from Del Potro as he gets over a high ball and batters it down the line. Tsonga misses yet another simple volley. Del Potro has two opportunities to see out the game and fails to take either. The pressure is telling for Del Potro as he double faults at a vital moment...set point...and what a shot! A ferocious backhand screams up the line and the Frenchman does take the set.
- - Tsonga 5-4 – Great flat, spinning return of serve from Del Potro gets the first point, but Tsonga reels off the next two as he batters a crosscourt winner and caresses a drop shot winner from mid-court. He gets unlucky as Del Potro’s shot skids off the line, and misses a simple volley for deuce. Tsonga stays solid though and is a break from the set.
- - Tsonga 4-4 – Nice finish from Del Potro as he cushions the volley over the net. He contrasts that with a huge forehand winner into the corner in the next point. A long return from Tsonga, and he loses the game after another forehand return goes long.
- - Tsonga 4-3 – Tsonga’s desperate slice clips the top of the net and dribbles over. He puts his hand up in apology. Errors from Del Potro racking up now, and Tsonga then hits a furious forehand winner up the line. One more mistake and Tsonga moves back ahead.
- - Tsonga 3-3 - ...BREAK! And Tsonga finally makes it count. Del Potro rips off his knee support in fury.
- - Tsonga 2-3 – Tsonga is in charge of the rally, but nets his backhand up the line. It deosn’t faze him though as he goes for it again and this time makes it count. Del Potro’s in a nice rhythm at the moment though and Tsonga needs to pull him out of it. And it’s break point back as Del Potro hits a tame backhand midway up the net..he’s off balance on the return and it’s out, but another chance after another wayward Del Potro backhand...chance gone but yet another terrible backhand from Del Potro!
- - Tsonga 2-3 - BREAK! An unstoppable backhand up the line from Del Potro, but Tsonga replies with an ace. The Frenchman’s slice drops just wide, but follows it with an amazing drop shot that looks for all the world that it’ll net, but falls over. First break point as Tsonga hits his smash long...great reply as he serve-volleys again and volleys home. A double fault – the first of the match – and it’s another break point...a brilliant pass from Del Potro on the back foot and he gets the break.
- - Tsonga 2-2 - One of the best points you will see this year. Nothing flashy, just pure, accurate, brutal hitting to the baseline. It’s Tsonga who eventually takes it as he whips a forehand into the corner. He’s really posing a few problems at the minute the Frenchman as he goes ahead 15-30, but a massive serve levels. Another great rally as Del Potro brings his opponent to the net then flips the follow up beyond Tsonga.
- - Tsonga 2-1 - That’s a brilliant volley from Tsonga as he shows great pace to get to the drop shot and volleys the winner off a fierce pass from Del Potro. The Argentine has had some chances in this game and he does so again here as he drives his forehand long with Tsonga never getting to it.
- - Tsonga 1-1 - Del Potro’s hold is more comfortbale as he takes it to 15. Tsonga reels off a couple of errors then the Argentine forces him wide with some huge inside-out forehands.
- - Tsonga 1-0 - Great start from both as they take a point each. They’re already battering the ball at pace and Tsonga goes into the lead with a backhand winner up the line. Del Potro replies as he deflects the ball back across court on the run and Tsonga on the slide can’t get it over the net. The Frenchman takes the game as he aces on deuce and forces the error on advantage.
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|