|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - WAWRINKA (1)6-7 7-6(8) 7-6(6) – Wawrinka sees each of those six match points flash before his eyes after hitting wide, giving Seppi match point on his own serve... Wawrinka hits the net to end a tense ally, a thrilling tie-break and a quite ridiculous match! Seppi's prize for coming through this epic encounter? A quarter-final against either Roger Federer or Juan Carlos Ferrero!
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6(8)-7 6-6 – An amazing point to start the tie-break, with Seppi succeeding after three attempted winners! He then hits an ace with one serve and sees Wawrinka find the net with the other. Two long returns on Wawrinka's serve keep the Swiss in touch, but two errors on the Seppi serve put him ahead. Wawrinka then holds his own to earn three match points. Seppi hits a forehand to save one, Wawrinka hits the net on the second and then hits wide! Incredible! We're locked at 6-6!
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6(8)-7 6-6 –So unlucky for Seppi! At 0-15 Wawrinka's slice clips the net cord TWICE before creeping over and leaving Seppi flat-footed! The Italian responds with a brave forehand winner that comes off before winning a long, tense rally in much the same way! He hammers another winner down the other side before Wawrinka returns long and Seppi holds! What a thriller this is proving to be!
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6(8)-7 6-5 –After nervy run of winning just one point from a possible nine, Wawrinka gets himself together on his serve and silences the crowd with a solid hold of serve.
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6(8)-7 5-5 – Incredible! Seppi holds to love with a couple of rasping forehand winners! Wawrinka just didn't have an answer for Seppi's serve in that game! The Italian crowd are loving this!
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6(8)-7 5-4 – BREAK! Seppi holds serve in dogged fashion, and on Wawrinka's serve he manages to somehow win a rally in which he was sent scampering one way and then the other. An unforced error puts the Italian 30-15 down, though, and a return into the net gives Wawrinka two match points... The first one hits the net, as does the second! Seppi whips a cracking forehand winner to gain advantage, and Wawrinka hits another long to be broken!
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6(8)-7 5-3 – Fearless tennis from Wawrinka as he holds to 30 and goes to within a game of winning this match. He is not letting the crowd affect him at all, whereas Seppi looks a little tired from the pressure.
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6(8)-7 4-2 – BREAK! Huge moment in the match as Seppi returns what looked a simple forehand from the baseline long and Wawrinka has a second break of the set at a crucial time!
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6(8)-7 – SET! Wawrinka hits his 11th ace to open up a 3-0 lead, but Seppi then wins four points in a row to go ahead. Wawrinka appears to apologise to the whole of the partisan crowd as he flukes a point off the net cord, and there is a huge cheer as Seppi wins the second point on his serve. At 5-5 Seppi returns one long, but wins the next point back. Wawrinka hits wide to give Seppi a set point on the Swiss's serve, and a huge cheer erupts as he converts it!
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 6-6 – Quite the thriller we have in prospect here on Campo Pietrangeli, as these two go to a second tie-break. The crowd are not making any secret of their preference for the Italian player! Can that support pull him through?
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) 1-3 – BREAK! Seppi gives the home crowd on Campo Pietrangeli something to cheer about by taking a 3-1 lead over Wawrinka with his second break of the match.
- - WAWRINKA 7-6(1) – SET! Wawrinka trounces Seppi in the tie-break to take a big advantage in this match!
- - WAWRINKA 6-6 – We're going to a tie-break in this one, just as we did in the opening set the last time these two met, in Valencia back in 2010.
- - WAWRINKA 5-5 – BREAK! Wawrinka breaks back at a crucial time in the set as he converts the second of his two break points against the Italian.
- - WAWRINKA 3-4 – BREAK! World number 20 Wawrinka suffers the first break of the match as he is unable to save Seppli's first and so far only break point!
- - WAWRINKA 3-3 – All going with serve between these two at the halfway point of the set. Wawrinka has only been completing 38% of his first serves, but has won 100% of the points on it.
- - Warming up on Court Pietrangeli are home competitor Andreas Seppi and Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka. The winner of that match will play either Roger Federer or Juan Carlos Ferrero.
|Date of Birth||21/02/1984|
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|