|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-0 7-6(4) – Ferrer once again come to the fore and earns three match points. He returns Simon's serve long for the first, hits the net for the second but then outlasts Simon in the rally for the third and he takes the win! Ferrer will now face the winner of the next match on the Supertennis Arena – Andy Murray or Richard Gasquet.
- - FERRER 6-0 6-6 – BREAK! A third break in a row in this match now means that we will have a tie-break!
- - FERRER 6-0 5-6 – BREAK! Simon dispels any thoughts that his fightback had been beaten by breaking Ferrer's serve once again! The Frenchman now has a second shot at serving for the set.
- - FERRER 6-0 5-5 – BREAK! Great effort from Ferrer to rouse himself at a crucial time and break Simon just as the Frenchman looked like taking this match the distance! Can he wrap it up without needing a tie-break?
- - FERRER 6-0 4-5 – Despite the wind still swirling around this court, a lot of it seems to have gone from Ferrer's sails. The Spaniard only holds to 30 once again, and must break Simon to stay in this set.
- - FERRER 6-0 3-5 – Simon consolidates his break and can now afford to weather a Ferrer service game before trying to serve out the set himself.
- - FERRER 6-0 3-4 – BREAK! A rapid hold of serve from Simon gives hope that he can perhaps fight his way back into contention. He takes Ferrer's service game to him and a couple of errors from the Spaniard give him three break points! Ferrer saves the first but a canny drop shot sees Simon break him!
- - FERRER 6-0 3-2 – Simon is certainly making a much better stab of it in his second set, but Ferrer still holds to 30 in relative comfort. His opponent is still very much in touch, mind.
- - FERRER 6-0 2-2 – Simon gets to 40-15 but makes hard work of closing out a second successive service game, eventually doing so at deuce.
- - FERRER 6-0 2-1 – Ferrer rarely looks like having his own serve threatened, and holds again as he continues to cruise through this match.
- - FERRER 6-0 1-1 – Simon finally gets on the board at the eighth time of asking, holding his serve to 30.
- - FERRER 6-0 1-0 – Simon earns his first break point of the match, but Ferrer rescues it by outlasting him in the rally once again. After a testing battle at deuce, Ferrer survives with a rasping forehand smash at the net.
- - FERRER 6-0 – SET! Ferrer gets the bagel on Simon after converting the first of his two break points with a cheeky lift just over the net! Andy Murray's match against Richard Gasquet follows this one in the Supertennis Arena. It could be on very shortly!
- - FERRER 4-0 – BREAK! Ferrer piles on the misery for Simon, winning a fourth-straight game to give his French opponent a mountain to climb now.
- - FERRER 3-0 – BREAK! Ferrer has won all three of his previous matches against Simon on clay wand only dropped one set. After breaking him at the first opportunity he consolidates that break to take a commanding lead in the first set.
- - FERRER 1-0 – Getting underway on Court Pietrangeli now is sixth seed David Ferrer against 11th seed Gilles Simon. The Spaniard makes hard work of his opening service game but eventually holds.
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1984|