|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Be sure to check out the full report and stats on uk.yahoo.eurosport.com and follow me on Twitter for more sports news and musings - @liamhappe - and stay tuned here on the multiplex as Djokovic/Tomic is coming up very soon.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 7-5 - MATCH! - Nalbandian earns a double break point with some superb return play, but Murray powers back into command with an ace underscoring his first service trailblaze. He takes the first advantage point to finish a compelling game of tennis and move onto the third round.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 6-5 - BREAK! - Murray surges into a triple break point, and though Nalbandian again utlises some good drop shot play to pull two back, a fluke triggers an apology from the Brit and jeers from the crowd. More importantly, it leaves Murray serving for the match.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 5-5 - That's a superb hold from Murray though, finished off in style with a powerful second forehand, and this match is going to the wire.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 4-5 - Nalbandian takes big risks in picking out the very boundaries of the court - and it succeeds more than it fails: a missed chance at an open shot which pegs him back to 30-30 is cancelled out by some excellent placement to eventually holy, and if he can break Murray one more time in the tenth, he's into the third round.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 4-4 - Murray shows off his own drop shot prowess to hold again and bring us closer to a grandstand finish. Some fantastic tennis on display as the match reaches cresendo.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 3-4 - Nalbandian's inch-perfect drop shot seals a hold to 30 which puts him ahead once again. But has he missed his biggest chance to take this match?
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 3-3 - Murray appears to be in trouble yet again when a brilliant backhand volley from Nalbandian caps an 18-shot rally for 30-15, but the Scot takes control from there and levels up the final set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 2-3 - BREAK! - A supreme backhand volley caps the perfect recovery from Murray as he breaks Nalbandian to love.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 1-3 - BREAK! - Nalbandian is unable to claim a break point, nor another from deuce, but the third time is the charm as Murray double faults. Not convincing from the Argentine but he may well smell blood here.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 1-2 - Another epic game sees Nalbandian eventually make good from deuce to hold once more.
- MURRAY 6-1 4-6 1-1 - Murray overcomes Nalbandian's fierce returns which pull the Argentine level from 30-0 down, and holds from there.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 0-1 - Nalbandian continues his growth in service, holding to 15 once more to kick off the final set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-6 - SET! - That's exactly what happens, albeit off Nalbandian's third set point in the game. Murray nets at deuce five and we are going to a deciding set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-5 - Nalbandian on the other hand is all over Murray again with serve. After spending the latter stages of the first set and opening games of the second flustered and uspet, he will fancy his chances of finding what at this stage would be a set-winning break before Murray can do the same.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-4 - Murray's poorest stint with ball in hand for a while, but he gets away with it nonetheless. After scraping to a triple game point, he is caught out twice for 40-30 before a drop shot gets him over the finish line in the eighth.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-4 - The Argentine had already addressed the second serve drought, but his fourth hold comes courtesy of a marked improvement in that department. Two of his four points come from solid seconds as he holds to 15.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-3 - Another game ends in short order. Nalbandian is again put to the sword by Murray's serve as the fourth seed holds to love.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-3 - Nalbandian keeps the steady trend going with a game-15 - barring the odd wobble, there has been little sign of a break in the second. Nalbandian certainly cannot afford any forthcoming break to come at his expense.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-2 - Murray holds once more and we are even after four games. After a more open first set the second is slowing down a little.
- - MURRAY 6-1 1-2 - Nalbandian continues to serve with a lot more authority than in the entire opening set, and Murray has little response to the power his opponent is currently drumming up behind them. A hold to 15 puts David back ahead.
- - MURRAY 6-1 1-1 - Murray shakes off an initial resistence from Nalbandian on the return, moving ahead from 30-30 with his second ace of the match and taking the hold point on first serve. The Argentine is still having disgruntled words with the umpire between games.
- - MURRAY 6-1 0-1 - Nalbandian finally holds his serve to begin the second set. Not without a fight, however, as Murray continues to make things difficult for the Argentine with ball in hand. His returns rate currently stands at 97%.
- - MURRAY 6-1 - SET! - After a quarter of an hour to settle the sixth game, number seven takes around two minutes and seals the first set for birthday boy Murray. A hold to love over a frustrated Nalbandian puts the seed one set away from the next round. The Argentine has yet to hold his serve, nor has he won a single point on second serve.
- - MURRAY 5-1 - BREAK! - Third break game in succession after an epic 16-minute tussle. Murray claims the ninth deuce with Nalbandian's 17th unforced error of the match so far. The Argentine remonstrates with the umpire afterwards, complaining about sunbeam reflections coming into his line of sight during the match...
- - MURRAY 4-1 - BREAK! - Nalbandian finally gets off the mark and with style. He has answers for everything Murray serves up and breaks him to love.
- - MURRAY 4-0 - BREAK! - The dominance continues with a double-break to 30. The Scot's injections of pace are proving too much for Nalbandian thus far, and a neat lob which left the Argentine wide open in his rescue attempt for 30-15 is the highlight of the fourth.
- - MURRAY 3-0 - Nalbandian begins game three more like his usual self, heavy on Murray's heels on the return, but after creating a break point the wheels come off and the Scot is able to serve him into errors and dodge a minor bullet. Imposing lead now in the opening set.
- - MURRAY 2-0 - BREAK! - And the good start continues for the seed, as with the exception of leaving himself open for a Nalbandian drop shot, Murray shows even more fire in return than he did with ball in hand. Given the Argentine's reputation for powerful play, the Scot appears up for the task.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Murray's serve begins far from spotlessly, but it's enough to prevent Nalbandian from settling in and the Brit holds to 15 to open up the match.
- - Murray has first service. And here we go!
- - Murray won the last meeting between these two players, last year in Tokyo, 6-4 7-5. He is 4-2 up in the head-to-head.
- - Murray and Nalbandian have arrived on court and should finally be underway soon.
- - Andy Murray's 2012 Rome Masters campaign commences very shortly. He and David Nalbandian are next up and we will have LIVE game-by-game coverage right here when they get started.
|Date of Birth||01/01/1982|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|