|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 - MATCH! - Job done. Djokovic holds to 15 again to cap a comprehensive win over a teenager in Tomic who has enhanced his reputation even in defeat.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-3 - A wonderful Djokovic drop shot forces deuce after another captivating rally between the two, but Tomic holds from the first advantage and Djok will serve for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-2 - Djokovic encounters some resistence from Tomic who battles to 30-30, before stretching his opponent enough to hold serve and he's now one game away from the last 16.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-2 - BREAK! - Tomic falters under the Djok returns, just like the very beginning of the contest, and a break to 15 may be all she wrote for the Austrian here.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-2 - Another comfortable service game-15 for Djokovic and the pressure remains on Tomic to find something in a set he has to win.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-2 - More superb placement from the Serb with a backhand that brings a rally to break point, but Tomic serves well to rescue the point and hold from the first advantage.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - Djokovic's perfectly-placed forehand to win an entertaining rally wins him the third of the second set with a hold to 30. Arguably the best bit of tennis so far between these two.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 - Tomic improves upon the start to the first with a hold of his own, eventually seeing off Djokovic from deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-0 - Novak starts the second set as he had the first, with a powerful hold to 15.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! - Tomic starts the ninth game off well with a pair of superb points, but despite appearing to be on the ropes Djokovic bounces back to break serve from deuce and finish the first set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - BREAK! - Tomic returns well to level from 30-0 down, and though Novak takes a set point from a rally, Tomic forces deuce and Novak nets on the Australian's second advantage and he has broken the top seed's serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Tomic is adapting to Djokovic's blistering returns, sending him wider to create more openings on the second ball. It enables him to hold to 15 again, but with the Serb about to serve for the set it may be too little too late.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - Though Tomic's returns are getting stronger, so is the speed behind that Djok serve and he holds to 30. One more and the first set is his.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Tomic serves up his first game of the match, the quality second only to Novak's spotless game in the fourth. He certainly deserved at least one game in the set, even if the champ goes on to coast the opener.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-0 - Love service capped with an ace. Tomic has not been hitting the ball badly at all, but Novak is in unstoppable form here.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - BREAK! - The top seed's race out of the blocks continues with Tomic playing catch-up on his own serve and eventually being broken to 30. A great backhand from the Australian being effortlessly backhanded straight back for a point sums up the early going.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - And the Serb is in full control with ball in hand, holding to 15 comfortably for an early edge in the opening set.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - BREAK! - Great start from the reigning title holder, taking the first break of the contest in the very first game from deuce after Tomic's serve initially appeared to be in good stead to hold.
- - Djokovic and Tomic are on court. Our final match of the day is coming up next.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||21/10/1992|