|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Thanks for joining me this afternoon! Be sure to check out the full report and stats on uk.yahoo.eurosport.com and follow me on Twitter for more sports news and musings - @liamhappe
- - BERDYCH 6-1 6-2 - MATCH - It seemed as if being 5-2 down would spark the same level of revival from Verdasco as it had yesterday against Nadal, but after two excellent returns for 30-0, the wheels come off. A solid second serve is followed by a delicate drop shot to end a lengthy rally and leave the Spaniard hurling his racquet up into the air in frustration. Match point soon followed, and the Czech forced Fernando out to make good on it and book a semi-final against Del Potro.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 5-2 - BREAK - That should be it. Though evenly matched going up to 30-30, from there it's all Berdych with a supreme first return before taking control of a rally with good variety on the forehand to outlast his Spanish foe and he will now serve for the match.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 4-2 - Verdasco engages the Czech in the longest rally of the match thus far, but the opening to breach Berdych does not arrive and from there at 30-0, it's love service for the sixth seed.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 3-2 - Verdasco provokes a great reaction from his local audience with some excellent play to hold again, but unless he can break serve for the first time in this quarter-final - and fast - he will be on his way out.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 3-1 - Berdych's answer is to cut out the amount of rallies with his hometown opponent, and some superb second serves continue his hold of serve to 15.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 2-1 - Fernando gets his first game of the second set with a more aggressive serve than in the set's opener and more persistence in the rallies, which leads to a pair of unforced Berdych errors en route to a hold-15.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 2-0 - Once again Verdasco starts with a good return only to fade from there, as Berdych double-aces his way to another machine-like hold of serve.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 1-0 - BREAK - Nightmare start to the second for Verdasco, after being sunk rather easily in the first. His serve is growing tamer by the game and Berdych is absolutely eating him up on the return. A backhand to net concludes the Spaniard's serve being broken to 15.
- - BERDYCH 6-1 - SET - The Spaniard returns well for the first point but the domination continues from there. Berdych's serve is too hot for Verdasco and holds to 15 to put the sixth seed a set ahead in less than half an hour.
- - BERDYCH 5-1 - BREAK - The Czech is forcing all sort of errors now, and Verdasco is unable to get the spin he's hoping for on his forehand under such pressure from the returns. Berdych breaks to 15 and will serve for the set.
- - BERDYCH 4-1 - A Verdasco fightback in an effort to return fire with an immediate break of his own falls apart after pulling to 30-30. Berdych consolidates his serve and holds on for a three-game lead.
- - BERDYCH 3-1 - BREAK - Fantastic returns from the Czech lead to a triple break point, where the net deflects Verdasco out to end a rally and break his serve to love.
- - BERDYCH 2-1 - Though Verdasco dazzles again on the forehand return, the one point is engulfed by an otherwise powerful first serve from Berdych to hold to 15 once more.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - Verdasco also starts off assuredly in serve, also dropping a single point on his way to holding.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - Confident start from the Czech, as with the exception of a cracking return from Verdasco for 30-15 it's dominant service to begin the contest.
- - Berdych has first serve and we are underway!
- - Good afternoon and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the Madrid Masters quarter-finals. Tomas Berdych takes on Fernando Verdasco in the second of our four last-eight encounters, with the winner taking on Juan Martin Del Potro in the semis. Del Potro advanced earlier today with a straight sets win over Alexandr Dolgopolov. Madrid Masters - Smooth Del Potro into semis
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||15/11/1983|