|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||6||6||-||-||-|
- - Thanks for joining me this afternoon! Be sure to check out the full report and stats on uk.yahoo.eurosport.com and follow me on Twitter for more sports news and musings - @liamhappe
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 6-4 - MATCH - Absolutely spotless three points on first serve from the world number 10 for a triple match point, though a net-assisted Dolgopolov drop shot forces the Argentine to wait until the second to force the 16th seed over the line and seal his victory in the quarter-finals. The Argentine has yet to drop a set in the tournament and will fancy his chances of going all the way.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 5-4 - Dolgopolov's serve continues to solidify, but is it too little too late? Del Potro can now hold for the match after again finding himself opened up on his returns in a game-15 for the Ukrainian.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 5-3 - Some of Del Potro's best first serve play so far in the contest sees him hold to love and move within one game of the semi-finals.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 4-3 - It starts off much better for the Ukraine player, powering to a triple hold point, but over-enthusiasm opens him up to miss out on the first two of those points before a fantastic rally is clinched by Dolgopolov's backhand.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 4-2 - Dolgopolov drops his third game in a row as his second returns abandon him after battling to 30-30. He needs to step up his service in the next game or he will be all but heading for the exit.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 3-2 - BREAK - The 16th seed falters in service once again, and Del Potro capitalises with more cross-court returns to break Dolgopolov to love. This could be the Argentine's chance to secure a place in the last four.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 2-2 - Dolgopolov is able to pull Del Potro off balance to volley his way to the first point of the game, but the Argentine is comfortable from there and holds four in a row to level once again.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 1-2 - Fierce forehand play protects the Ukrainian's serve, though another ill-judged drop shot leaves him open to Del Potro's cross-court backhand and denies Dolgopolov love-service.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 1-1 - Though Dolgopolov continues to catch Del Potro out with some excellent returns, it's not enough to prevent the 10th seed from holding serve in game two.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 0-1 - Dolgopolov begins the set in service and holds to 30, exactly what he needed at this juncture. Though Del Potro searched for a wobble in his serve late on, he is able to force the Argentine to net to secure the first of the second.
- - DEL POTRO 6-3 - SET - After crumbling on his last serve, Del Potro doesn't make the same mistakes this time around as he holds to 15 to lead by one set.
- - DEL POTRO 5-3 - BREAK - And there goes a big chance at recovery for Dolgopolov. His serve just hasn't been up to the standard of his returns thus far, and though an ace on the first of Del Potro's three break points provides temporary respite, Dolgopolov goes out of bounds on the second and the Argentine will now serve for the first set.
- - DEL POTRO 4-3 - BREAK - Del Potro claims the first two points stretching Dolgopolov with solid forehand play, but the Ukrainian fights back for a break point with an excellent backhand return and takes it on the first return.
- - DEL POTRO 4-2 - Dolgopolov finds stern resistence from Del Potro on his drop shot attempts and has to shake off a break point, but turns up the heat with his backhand from there to claim the first advantage.
- - DEL POTRO 4-1 - The Argentine shakes off a few errors to battle his way to deuce, from which an ace on his first advantage point extends his lead in games to three.
- - DEL POTRO 3-1 - BREAK - Del Potro attacks his opponent's serve to take two break points, only to throw them away. However he earns another chance - and the pony-tailed one slashes into the net to go a break down.
- - DEL POTRO 2-1 - Still on serve as Del Potro's power sees him through. A fantastic winner on the forehand to bring Dolgopolov back to 30-15, though.
- - DEL POTRO 1-1 - Beautiful lob from Ukraine's Dolgopolov for 30-15 then a backhand winner puts way the Del Potro return for two game points. Wide from Del Potro to level the match.
- - DEL POTRO 1-0: Argentine Delpo off to a flier while Dolgopolov lacks accuracy in going down to a love game.
- - And off we go, with the blue clay looking splendid in the sunlight. But then we don't have to play on it.
- - The match is to take place on Stadium 3. Awaiting the start now. Delpo to serve first. Nadal threatens boycott after Madrid exit
- - Del Potro has played in nine previous Masters quarter-finals - with a 4-5 record - while Dolgopolov has only reached this stage once, in Shanghai last October.
- - Tenth seed Del Potro has a 2-0 record over 16th seed Dolgopolov and is undefeated on clay this season after nine matches.
- - Welcome to live coverage of Juan Martin Del Potro versus Alexandr Dolgopolov in the quarter-finals of the Madrid Masters.
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||07/11/1988|