|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Thanks for joining me this evening! Be sure to check out the full report and stats on uk.yahoo.eurosport.com and follow me on Twitter for more sports news and musings - @liamhappe
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 3-6 - MATCH - And a big win for Tipsarevic ends in thrilling circumstances, with Janko battling back to deuce and dodging the first advantage with a solid second serve before sealing a place in the last four with his own first advantage point.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 3-5 - It looked to be all over for Novak, staring a triple match point in the face. But two aces followed by much improved second serve see him come back and hold from deuce.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 2-5 - Talk about feeling the wind behind him. Tipsarevic races into a triple hold point with a supreme display of service, including his seventh ace of the contest, and weathers a good Djok return to finish off the seventh and move within one of a massive win.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 2-4 - BREAK - And how about that: an error-strewn game from Novak sees him falter to Tipsarevic's resilient return play and we have our first break, to 15!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 2-3 - Though Djok presses harder for an opening to break Janko, he continues to be caught out wide by his compatriot and Tipsarevic completes a hold to 30 at the end of a gripping rally.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 2-2 - Another love service from Djok, again manipulating Janko into skidding back and forth along the blue clay with the forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 1-2 - Tipsarevic continues to have his way with Djokovic on serve, capping a hold to love with a powerful first serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 1-1 - The world number one eases his way back to level terms in his first service of the set, and we still await the first break game of the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 0-1 - Tipsarevic's second double-fault squanders a game point and brings the second set opener to deuce, from which he is able to take his first advantage point with a powerful pair of first serves.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-7 - SET - Tipsarevic's gradual growth in the first set reaches cresendo in the tie-break, as the Serbian second seed races into a four-point lead over his superior before switching sides 5-1 up. Djok's backhand pulls back one further point for 6-2 before Janko finishes the job for the first set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-6 - The tie-break beckons. Tipsarevic shakes off Djokovic's early returns to take control of play and hold to 30.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-5 - The top seed appears to be heading for another four-pointer, but a slip at 40-0 allows Tipsarevic to return his first serve. Novak's forehand puts his compatriot in enough trouble to force the hold from there, however, and Djok can now break serve for the first set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-5 - It takes Janko just 91 seconds to serve Djokovic without reply once again.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 - Novak shakes off some uncertain delivery early doors to stretch Tipsarevic for the final two points from 30-30.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 - And Tipsarevic finally gets that love-service with his finest performance of the opening set so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Tipsarevic puts up stern resistence in hopes of finding a crucial break but his two points aren't enough for Novak's serve, as he holds to 30.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - That backhand of Janko's is getting sharper, and leads him to a game-15 with Djokovic's return on the fourth point denying him a hold to love of his own.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - A second love service for Djokovic in the fifth game.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - An epic fourth game sees Tipsarevic survive three break points before taking his second advantage from deuce to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - The third game is over almost as soon as it begins, as Novak's first serve holds him to love.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - A combination of an overly heavy backhand and a struggle to keep his footing moving along the blue claw during rallies puts Tipsarevic on the verge of a break point, but Janko holds well from there and forces two nets from the top seed to level.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The defending champion begins as expected with first serve, putting that forehand to good use on Janko's returns and holding to 15.
- - Good evening and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the third Madrid Masters quarter-final: Novak Djokovic takes on fellow Serb Janko Tipsarevic. The two are underway now on court.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|