|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 - MATCH - Far from an accomplished game from Federer, whose two match points are snuffed out by a net and an out. But Fed recovers from dropping the first advantage to aceing his way to the win in straight sets.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-2 - The third seed is able to deny Gasquet a love-service at 40-15, but the Frenchman nonetheless staves off elimination for one more game. Federer will now serve for the match.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-1 - Fed holds his serve once more and is a game away from the quarter-finals.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-1 - BREAK! - Gasquet staves off two break points for deuce, but a cross-court backhand and a wild response to Fed's return make it a double-break set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-1 - A tremendous start from Gasquet - including a cracking forehand which left Fed glued to the spot for 30-0 - does not last, and the Swiss player holds his serve with four points from there.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-1 - Gasquet holds serve at the second attempt in the second set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-0 - Little over half an hour played so far and Federer is looking well on his way. Another game-15 doubles his lead in the second.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! - No sign of relent here. A break to love only denied by the net at 40-0. Gasquet is not looking awfully comfortable out on this court, skidding and over-running.
- - FEDERER 6-3 - SET! Though an attempt to finish with style backfires with a net in the first of three set points, Federer finishes the job immediately thereafter for the first set.
- - FEDERER 5-3 - It may be too little too late in this set, but Gasquet is building up a head of steam here and a serve to 15 is his best tennis of the match so far. Federer however will now serve for the first set.
- - FEDERER 5-2 - Fed is now one away from the first set after shrugging off a more steely Gasquet to hold his serve from deuce.
- - FEDERER 4-2 - Gasquet shows some good flexibility to pull one back. The backhand in particular offering him something in reply to Fed.
- - FEDERER 4-1 - Roger cruises his way to extending the advantage and it's going to take something of Verdasco levels here for Gasquet to salvage the first set.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - BREAK! - There's the first break, and Roger is proving too alert and too fast for Gasquet at the moment.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - A slice of fortune for 40-15 notwithstanding, Federer continues to dominate on serve and takes game three.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - A borderline finish from Gasquet, but his forehand is on the line and caps a game-15 beginning to service for the Frenchman.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Roger wastes no time at all holding serve to love in the opening game. Promising start from the Swiss ace.
- - Federer and Gasquet have arrived on court, and their big last-16 collision should be underway shortly.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|