|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 6-6 - GAME SET AND MATCH! Federer gets the first mini break as Raonic nets with a backhand close to the net. Raonic finds the line with an incredible slice under pressure as Federer looked in command but the Swiss enforced the mini break with a big forehand Raonic got the better of two long rallies to stay in touch and when Federer fired wide, the Canadian had the break back. But a wide forehand surrendered the break again and a stunning crosscourt winner seals the match.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 6-6 - TIE BREAK! Raonic opens with his 20th ace of the match but a netted forehand gives Federer a foothold in the game. A bad netted forehand gifts Raonic back the before a Federer forehand draws it level at 30-30. A long Federer forehand and Raonic ace takes it to a tie break!
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 6-5 - Raonic fires a forehand at Federer at the net and Federer can’t control a shot that may have been going long. He makes up for it with a lovely backhand down the line and when a Raonic forehand hits the net and goes out, Federer is ahead in the game. The Swiss miscues a forehand long to take it to 30-30 but fires an ace and follows with a drop shot to set up a winner and take the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 5-5 - Raonic follows a big opening serve with an unreturnable forehand down the line. Federer nets a makeable backhand to give Raonic three game points and Raonic fires down another big one to win the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 5-4 - Raonic nets on the opening point and two good first serves set up easy put aways as Federer races to 40-0. A lovely angled forehand drop shot gives Federer the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 4-4 - A beautiful angled backhand from Federer wins the opening point but Raonic responds with three huge serves to pull him out of trouble. An ace wraps up the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 4-3 - Big hold for Federer! Raonic gets into the opening rally but fires a forehand long. He makes amends with another return to the feet of Federer and two unforced errors on the backhand give Raonic a big chance at 15-40. An angled backhand volley saves the first and a Federer ace pulls it to deuce before the Canadian fires a forehand inches wide. Federer holds with a gutsy forehand up the line.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 3-3 - Another huge Raonic serve opens proceedings but a wide forehand from the Canadian restores parity at 15-15. But yet another ace and two unreturnable serves wrap up the game in no time.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 3-2 - Huge game! Federer nets a deep return on the opening point but two big first serves of his own pull the Swiss ahead. But a miscued Federer backhand and massive hitting from Raonic brings up break point. A gutsy inside out forehand restores parity for Federer and a big first serve and long Raonic return keeps Federer in the hunt.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 2-2 - Federer almost finds the line with a forehand return on the opening point before Raonic follows another ace with a forehand error. A brilliant crosscourt forehand winner gets the Swiss back into the game at 30-30 but a big second serve pulled the Canadian out of trouble and he backs it up with an ace to win the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 2-1 - Raonic hits a forehand wide but responds with a winning angled backhand at Federer’s feet. The Canadian nets tamely after a fantastic return and another effective dropshot takes Federer to 40-15 before a big serve wins the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 1-1 - Federer gets the Raonic serve back but the Canadian hits an unreturnable forehand and Federer then nets a backhand. Another big ace gives Raonic 40-0 and he seals the game with another huge serve despite a cute drop shot Federer winner.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 1-0 - Raonic fires long after a lengthy opening rally and a remarkable half volley pick up gets Federer to 30-0. A lucky net cord pulls Raonic back into the game and Federer follows a forehand winner with an unforced backhand error before wrapping up the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 7-5 - SET FEDERER! Federer gets into the opening rally and a big forehand gives him the opening point. Raonic returns yet another smash but can’t get the second back as Federer sniffs an opening. A huge forehand gets Raonic back in the game but a brilliant Federer backhand hives him two set-points! Federer looked to have won the set but Raonic chased down a backhand volley with a brilliant backhand pass. Another long rally ends with a lovely angled drop shot to give Federer the set.
- - FEDERER 4-6 6-5 - Federer opens with two big serves that Raonic can’t return and a smashed winner gives the Swiss 40-0. A return right at Federer’s feet gives Raonic his first point and a netted Federer forehand gives Raonic hope. A beautiful lob draws the game to deuce and a big forehand brings up break point but Federer saves with a gutsy forehand that Raonic nets. A lovely deep volley gives Federer game point and he holds with a serve up the middle.
- - FEDERER 4-6 5-5 - A big serve leads to an easy put away for Raonic and Federer can’t return the next two to give Raonic three more game points. A long Federer backhand gives the Canadian the game. Worrying times for Federer fans here.
- - FEDERER 4-6 5-4 - Another serve and volley from Federer pays dividends on the opening point but a forehand winner restores parity for Raonic. Federer responds with a big first serve of his own and follows it up with an ace. Raonic fires long to give Federer the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 4-4 - Raonic begins with yet another ace and two more big serves bring up three game points. Federer gets the next point into play but Raonic smashes it away for an easy winner.
- - FEDERER 4-6 4-3 - Federer starts with a big second serve up the tee and a neat volley takes him 30-0 clear. A lovely slice drop shot gets Raonic into the game but yet another serve and volley brings Federer two game points and he takes the first with a forehand.
- - FEDERER 4-6 3-3 - Comfortable hold. Raonic gets off to another flyer on his own serve and races to 40-0 before Federer nets to give the Canadian the game. Huge serving and no chance for Federer thus far!
- - FEDERER 4-6 3-2 - Federer opens with a winning volley and backs it up with a clean forehand winner. A lovely backhand volley winner takes Federer to 40-0 and Raonic’s lob sails long to give Federer the game.
- - FEDERER 4-6 2-2 - Another huge backhand deep into the corner gives Raonic the opening point but he then fires wide with a forehand. The backhand breaks down for once as Federer sniffs a chance at 15-30 but a mighty forehand restores parity and another big serve sets up game point. Federer nets and the chance is gone.
- - FEDERER 4-6 2-1 - Federer opens up with three big serves of his own to give Raonic a taste of his own medicine and the Canadian fires wide to give the Swiss a quick hold.
- - FEDERER 4-6 1-1 - Federer gets into the first rally and Raonic fires wide to give him the opening point. A huge inside out forehand pulls the game level and another big serve and yet another ace gives Raonic two game point. Despite throwing in a rare double, Raonic holds with another big serve.
- - FEDERER 4-6 1-0 - Federer opens with a second serve ace and sets up a winning volley with a serve out wide. Raonic then returns a smash for an outrageous winner and fires a backhand return up the line to pull it to 30-30. Federer seemed in control of the next rally but Raonic unbelievably returns another overhead to set up break point. Federer saves with a good first serve and fends off two more for a crucial hold.
- - FEDERER 4-6 -SET RAONIC! A big off forehand winner gets Raonic off and running and a further ace consolidates his advantage. Federer can’t return another big off forehand to give Raonic three set points and Federer fires wide to give the Canadian the set.
- - FEDERER 4-5 – RAONIC BREAKS! Federer hits a forehand long on the opening point and Raonic smashes a big forehand winner after Federer twice clips the net to bring up 0-30. The Swiss then nets a very makeable volley to give Raonic three break points and hits wide to give Raonic the break!
- - FEDERER 4-4 - Raonic fires his sixth ace to open the game and Federer slices long to take the Canadian further clear at 30-0. Federer fires wide and a further ace gives Raonic an easy hold.
- - FEDERER 4-3 - Federer fires his first ace then a lovely angled serve out wide sets up a forehand winner. A second ace takes the Swiss to 40-0 and yet another serve out wide sets up another forehand winner, almost identical to the second point as Federer holds to love.
- - FEDERER 3-3 - Federer nets a makeable second serve to open the game and Raonic hits a big forehand up the line to go further ahead. A fifth ace takes the Canadian to 40-0 but he slices long to get Federer into the game. Another big serve sets up a forehand winner for Raonic.
- - FEDERER 3-2 - Federer opens with two unreturnable serves and a volley that Raonic can’t control in court. The Swiss hits a forehand long but Raonic nets to give Federer the game.
- - FEDERER 2-2 - A lovely sliced return forced Raonic into the first error but Raonic stretches well to put away a great volley to keep in touch. Another huge serve puts the Canadian ahead in the game and Federer then fires long with a backhand. Another ace wraps up the game.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - A good first serve wins the opening point but a big Raonic forehand gets him on level terms in the game. Raonic misfires with two returns but rifles a passing shot past Federer to get back in the game. A big inside out Federer forehand keeps the set on serve.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Federer chips long on the opening point but Raonic puts his forehand long to take it to 15-15. The young Canadian nets but fires tthree aces to get out of trouble. What a weapon!
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Raonic fires wide on the opening point but Federer does likewise before a lovely wrong footing volley and big serve up the middle takes the Swiss to 40-15. Federer throws in his first double to give Raonic a sniff but a big serve takes the game.
- - FEDERER 0-0 - Federer, resplendent in white, wins the toss and chooses to serve.
- - The players are due on court any moment now. We'll keep you updated with goings on in the other games.
- - FEDERER 0-0 - The winner of this match goes through to face Viktor Troicki or Richard Gasquet. Check out the full draw here.
- - FEDERER 0-0 – Third seed Roger Federer takes on rising star and big hitting Canadian Milos Raonic. Federer is back after a five week break so this is a very interesting match-up.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|