|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 6-7(1) - GAME, SET & MATCH - A backhand slapped into the net from Murray sends Mahut through to the third round at the expense of the defending champion
- - DEFENDING CHAMPION MURRAY CRASHES OUT OF QUEEN'S IN THE SECOND ROUND
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 6-6(6-1) - TIE-BREAK - Murray saves the first with an 138mph ace down the centre of the court ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 6-6(6-0) - TIE-BREAK - Mahut races out to a mini-break 3-0 lead after a couple of errors from Murray before stretching that to 4-0 with a backhand stop volley that Murray cannot get up to in time. A very straightforward forehand into the net from the Brit further extends Mahut's lead to 5-0 before the Frenchman earns himself six match points when Murray again hits into the net ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 6-6 - A very structured game from Murray as he holds without trouble to force the final set breaker ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 5-6 - Mahut races through a service hold to love to leave himself one game away from the win once again. He gets Murray scrampering around the baseline and draws a forehand into the net from the Brit, who will have to serve to stay in it for a second time
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 5-5 - Murray holds a very tight game from deuce; getting Mahut on the run and forcing the error, a forehand into the net, to level up again. This set looks like it could be heading for a breaker, just like the second
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 4-5 - Great hands at the net from Mahut as he first finds a backhand stop volley winner before holding to love with a forehand stop volley winner. Murray will have to serve to stay in this match after the change ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 4-4 - A backhand sliced into the net from Murray sees him waste the chance to hold to love. But a backhand passing shot down the line gets things back on track as he holds to 15. Pressure back on Mahut now to hold and not gift Murray the chance to serve out the match ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 3-4 - An unremarkable service hold from Mahut as this final set reaches crunch point. Murray really needs to hold after the change of ends, otherwise Mahut will find himself serving for the match
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 3-3 - Better from Murray again now as he levels up once more, stringing a series of points together to hold to 15. That really has been the problem today for the Brit; there have been flashes of his usual self, he just hasn't been able to put it together point after point
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 2-3 - As the clock ticks over the two hour mark, Murray sends a cross court forehand wide into the tramlines with a anguished yell as it squanders yet another break point. And Mahut goes on to hold when another forehand sails long of the baseline from Murray
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 2-2 - Murray holds without too much trouble to level up once again. It's more about who is going to make the least errors at this stage though, as opposed to who will win the match
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 1-2 - Both men really stuggling to maintain any kind of momentum in the early stages of this final set as Mahut squanders a series of game points from deuce. But he doesn't have to face a break point and does eventually hold when Murray fails to find the court with a groundstroke. We are officially back on serve again now
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 1-1 - BREAK - Just like in the second set, Murray finds himself facing an immediate break back point after an all-too-casual backhand drop shot ends up in the net. He escapes, however, when Mahut (firmly in control in the point) sees his forehand catch the top of the tape and bounce wide. Mahut gets a second chance only to send his forehand return long. But he finally does break back at the third attempt after another Murray error
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) 1-0 - BREAK - The wheels come off fairly spectacularly for Mahut in the opening game of this final set as he struggles to get the ball in play. It hands Murray three early break points ... The first goes begging as the Brit hits wide but on the second Mahut slaps down a sixth double of the match to concede his serve and Murray is ahead for the first time in this match
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(4) - SET - Murray does level the match at the first attempt, the Brit dinking a neat forehand stop volley over the net to beat his opponent for pace
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6(6-4) - TIE-BREAK - Murray sneaks ahead again, albeit only on serve, with a forehand winner and a forehand long from Mahut. And a brilliant point from both players ends with Mahut prone on the floor after attempting to get up to the net for a drop shot. Set point Murray to level the match ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6(3-3) - TIE-BREAK - Murray goes a mini-break up when Mahut hits long only to hand it back to the Frenchman when he hits a regulation forehand into the net. And after a return of serve into the net from both players, the score is all square at the change of ends
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6 - Flashes of brilliance from Murray as he sticks out a racquet and sends a ferocious cross court forehand return of serve for a winner. But Mahut has little trouble in holding to 15 with another solid serve that the Brit can only return wide across court off the backhand wing. This set will be decided on the tie-break ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-5 - Mahut denies Murray on his first game point with a blistering backhand return winner across court off a second serve. But the Brit holds at his second attempt, pouncing on a shorter ball to drill a forehand down the line for a winner. Mahut will have to serve to stay in this set for a second time after the break
- - MURRAY 3-6 5-5 - Murray drills a backhand return of serve across court, which unfortunately for the Brit catches the top of the tape and bounces wide. Mahut was definately covering the down the line shot as he raced into the net. It lets the Frenchman off the hook as he finds an ace and a off-forehand winner across court to level up once again in this second set
- - MURRAY 3-6 5-4 - Mahut has a gilt-edged chance to pick up a point with an off-forehand volley winner, only to dump the ball in the top of the net. And Murray goes on to hold with a great first serve down the T, Mahut's diving return barely making a couple of metres back towards the net. The Frenchman will have to serve to stay in this second set after the change of ends
- - MURRAY 3-6 4-4 - Mahut fires down his ninth ace on the way to a 40-0 service lead. Murray pegs one point back with a cross court forehand return of serve followed by a sliced forehand winner down the line. And he then gets a second with a backhand passing shot winner riffled down the line. But he can do nothing about Mahut's third game point, the Frenchman landing a backhand on the baseline which Murray can only return wide
- - MURRAY 3-6 4-3 - Mahut has played some sensational tennis in the last couple of games as he drills a running forehand across court to level up at deuce and put all the pressure back on Murray. But the Brit somehow holds on when Mahut sends a forehand into the net
- - MURRAY 3-6 3-3 - Mahut races through a solid service hold to get things officially back on serve in this second set
- - MURRAY 3-6 3-2 - BREAK - A sloppy game once again from Murray as he hands Mahut two break back points with a backhand error. The Frenchman only needs the one though as Murray slaps another backhand well long of the baseline (down the line) to concede the break back. We are back on serve in this second set
- - MURRAY 3-6 3-1 - Better from Mahut as he finally holds to get off the mark in this second set. This set has actually been much more even in the opening games than the score suggests, Mahut just hasn't taken his chances.
- - MURRAY 3-6 3-0 - Murray is forced to save another two break points ... he saves the first with an ace but gets a little lucky on the second when Mahut crashes his cross court forehand into the top of the net and wide as a result. And Murray goes on to hold from there, when Mahut hits another forehand error, this time into the bottom of the net
- - MURRAY 3-6 2-0 - BREAK - A double fault from Mahut hands Murray an early break point in this second set. The Frenchman saves it though with a great first serve and forehand smash winner combo, but quickly he hands the Brit a second chance with an admittedly tricky backhand into the net. And this time Murray does break, Mahut slapping down his second double of the game, and fourth overall
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-0 - Mahut slices a regulation back to hand Murray a chance to hold for the opening game of this second set but the Brit squanders it and even hands the Frenchman a break point. Mahut sends a lob just long to waste the chance and Murray, eventually, goes on to hold when Mahut fails to find the court. The Brit really is battling with his form in this match though
- - MURRAY 3-6 - SET - Mahut quickly earns himself two set points, Murray slapping a forehand return into the net to help the Frenchman on his way. The Brit saves the first by threading a backhand passing shot down teh line for a winner. But he can do nothing about the second as Mahut drills an ace (his fifth) out wide
- - MURRAY 3-5 - Much better from Murray as he races through a love service hold, Mahut hitting long on the final point (confirmed after a hawkeye challenge from the Frenchman). Mahut will still have the opportunity to serve out the set though
- - MURRAY 2-5 - Murray sends another wild backhand well wide across court as Mahut eases to a love service hold, back-to-back aces consolidating the break for the Frenchman. Murray will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends
- - MURRAY 2-4 - BREAK - The Brit sends an angled backhand wide across court to hand Mahut a first break point ... Mahut sends a forehand long to squander it but quickly gets a second chance when Murray this time sends a backhand long down the line. And this time the Frenchman does break, finding a blistering cross court forehand winner
- - MURRAY 2-3 - Mahut fails to take advantage of a first game point (from deuce) when he sends a regulation forehand volley long of the baseline. He earns himself a second chance when he finally puts away a second smash but again fails to take advantage with a forehand long. But he finally holds at the third attempt when Murray slices a low backhand approach shot into the top of the net
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Murray fails to get across the baseline to chase down an off-forehand across court from Mahut, but the ball spins wide from the Frenchman and Murray holds to level up once again
- - MURRAY 1-2 - Murray races up to the net to a drop shot only to send his lob just marginally long of the baseline. And Mahut holds with more ease this time around as the two men feel each other out in the early stages of this clash
- - MURRAY 1-1 - No early problems for Murray as he cruises through his opening service hold with no trouble whatsoever
- - MURRAY 0-1 - A slip on the baseline from Mahut mid-point does not help the the Frenchman's cause, even though he manages to get up and continue, as he puts his next shot into the net and Murray goes on to set up two early break points. Mahut saves the first with a great serve out wide and the second with an almost carbon copy out the other side. And the Frenchman goes on to hold without any more drama
- - Mahut won the toss and opted to get the clash underway by serving first. Here we go ...
- - Murray and Mahut have only faced each other twice before, although not since 2008 and not on a grass court. Murray has won both of their previous clashes (on the hard courts of Indian Wells in 2007 and also on the hard courts in Marseille a year later) in straight sets though and 61 places higher than Mahut in the world rankings
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||21/01/1982|