|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
6-3 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Cilic comes to the net to convert the winner on his first match point with a fine volley. Superb stuff from the Croatian player, who keeps his cool in the wind to end Querrey's hopes. He will face Grigor Dimitrov or David Nalbandian in tomorrow's final. They are due to play their second semi-final.
5-3 - 5-3 CILIC BREAKS! The ball moving from side to side in the wind. Very tough, but Querrey manages to get the better of a longish rally to draw back to 30-30 only to throw in a double fault. Querrey fails with a drop shot seconds later. Bad decision-making and Cilic has the chance to book his spot in the final.
4-3 - BREAK QUERREY! Cilic under pressure from 0-30 down, but comes up with a couple of well constructed points to draw level in the game at 30-30. Cilic hoists a forehand out of play after Querrey had produced a fine forehand back across the court. Cilic saves the break with a forehand winner that Querrey can only dab back into the net. Querrey keeps the pressure on Cilic, who misfires under pressure. Back to 4-3.
4-2 - CILIC 4-2! Not holding with obvious comfort, but Querrey does enough to sneak out of that game holding serve after Cilic knocks a groundstroke long trying to force deuce. Cilic two games short of the winning line, but work to be done in this wind.
4-1 - CILIC 4-1! Cilic showing off a blistering two-handed backhand. Comes to the net to convert a winning volley before a big serve is emptied into the net by his opponent. Cilic has never won a tournament on grass. He won a tournament on hard courts in St Petersburg last October against Janko Tipsarevic so knows the feeling of winning.
3-1 - CILIC 3-1! Querrey steadies the ship somewhat with a big service game. Querrey winning 61 percent of his points on first serve with Cilic coming up with 74 percent. Looking good for Cilic as he serves to move 4-1 clear.
3-0 - Cilic halfway to the final then as he cements the break in this third game. A love game from the world number 25. Pressure really on Querrey to hold here otherwise this semi-final is heading towards the Croatian player.
2-0 - CILIC BREAKS! 2-0 Querrey slips going for a forehand along the baseline. Seems to put him off as he double faults on the next point to hand Cilic the first break of this final set. Glorious chance for Cilic to really kick on in this set even if the wind continues to play havoc on the court.
1-0 - CILIC 1-0! Cilic facing a spot of bother in the opening service game of the third set, but he comes up with the goods to produce a big kicking serve in winning two points from 30-30 to see out the game for a 1-0 lead in the final set.
6-3 - QUERREY 6-3 We are into a third set of this match. The big American player dropping only one point in serve in that game. Querrey has suddenly come to life here. Heading for the third and final set to decide who will reach the final of this tournament.
5-3 - QUERREY BREAKS! Querrey slams a forehand drive at the feet of Cilic, who cannot come up with the volley to prevent the break point at 30-40. A solid point from the American to get the ball back over the net with some interest. Cilic left chasing shadows as Querrey sinks a volley with Cilic out of position to move 5-3 clear.
4-3 - QUERREY 4-3 Break point for Cilic, but he knocks a return wide before Querrey comes up with another blistering first serve to move to advantage. A timely first serve finishes off the job. A 4-3 lead for the American, who had to battle back from trailing 30-0 in that game.
3-3 - CILIC 3-3 Anything you can do...Cilic comes up with his love game to restore parity at the mid-point of this second set. Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, Cilic with five aces to Querrey's four in the match. Wind showing no signs of dying down.
3-2 - QUERREY 3-2 Superb hold from Querrey. Coming up with the goods at the right time. Throws down a couple of piercing first serves before following up with the big forehand winner. A 3-2 lead and a love game for the American. Just what the doctor ordered.
2-2 - Cilic quickly races out to a 40-0 lead before Querrey comes up with a forehand winner on the run. But he is only delaying the inevitable as Cilic sees out the game on serve to level at 2-2. Querrey being tested then at 2-2. Vital he doesn't drop again.
- - BREAK CILIC! 2-1 Cilic back to 2-1 behind in this second set. Came up with a fine break after being broken by the American. Wasn't going for big winners. Just hitting the ball from side to side, working Querrey all over the baseline. Gets the break and is back to 2-1 behind.
- - BREAK QUERREY 2-0 Wind really causing problems for both men, but Cilic makes the first mistake as he lifts a forehand long to hand Querrey another break point. He mishits a forehand and Querrey holds a 2-0 lead in the second set. First break for Querrey of thIs match.
- - QUERREY 1-0 The sun suddenly shows its face at the outset of the second set. A yellow bag breezes onto the court as Querrey is set to serve at 40-30, but it does not deter the American who wins the rally to hold serve in this opening game.
- - SET CILIC! A love game from Cilic to see out the first set. He slams a forehand beyond Querrey, who must be slightly dazed in losing that opening set. Work to be done for the American then as the Croatian takes the opening set of the match 6-3.
- - BREAK CILIC! A few break points for Querrey not snapped up, but Cilic does not hang about in taking his chance. He breaks the formidable American's serve and will serve for the opening set. Cilic saves nine break points, but take his only break point in the first set.
- - CILIC 4-3 Becoming apparent that the first man to blink here will drop serve and probably drop the set. Both men utterly convincing on serve so far with Cilic dropping only one point in that game to move ahead by the odd game in seven.
- - QUERREY 3-3 Fine return from Cilic. Querrey then brings the score back to 15-15 all with a big ace. Another lovely return from Cilic sees him move 30-15 clear before Querrey booms a big forehand winner down the line to level at 30-30. Cilic mishits a second service return to hand Querrey game point. The American sees it out with another blistering first serve. 3-3 now.
- - CILIC 3-2 - Cilic's second serve has really sufffered in this wind. Again he is bullied into an error on it. The sixth seed ends the game with a second-serve ace to give signs of promise that he is coming out of his funk.
- - QUERREY 2-2 - Cilic gets his act together on his forehand to hit a winner for 30-30 before he gets to deuce. An excellent rally plays out on Querrey's advantage before Cilic inexplicably forgoes a smash and Querrey takes the invitation to fire a winner back past him!
- - CILIC 2-1 - Querrey wins the longest rally of the match so far and gives him a break point, which he fails to convert. At deuce Cilic hits into the net for a second break point... Querrey can only return a tame second serve into the net. Lovely passing backhand down the line from Cilic, but he wastes two simple forehands. Qureey has SEVEN more break points as Cilic toils, but finally Cilic holds. Cue ironic cheers fromthe crowd!
- - QUERREY 1-1 - Querrey drills home the first ace of the match, but his whipped cross-court forehand is out for 15-30. He responds with another ace, and Cilic woefully shanks a forehand and then can't return to see the American hold.
- - CILIC 1-0 - Querrey hits long in the opening rally before Cilic volleys home at the net. The Croat hits out of court with a forehand but Querrey hits the net. Cilic sees a forehand clip off the net cord and out for 40-30, but a poor two-hander from Querrey sees him spurn the chance to reach deuce.
- - The two players are knocking up now. We'll be underway shortly. You can share your thoughts on this match with me via Twitter @tony_mabert. Get in touch!
- - It's a cloudy, blustery day at Queen's. It will be interesting to see who copes best in these conditions.
- - The players are coming out on court now, and are greeted to the sort of polite yet enthusiastic applause you would expect from the crowd in this well-heeled part of west London.
- - After this match, we will also have live coverage of the second semi between Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov and 10th seed David Nalbandian of Argentina.
- - World number 77 Querrey was a winner here two years ago, beating fellow American Mardy Fish in the final. Like Cilic, Querrey is 6'6". He has beaten Ivan Dodig, Julien Benneteau and Denis Istomin to get here. Handily, he avoided facing Jo-Wilfried Tsonga thanks to Dodig beating the Frenchman earlier in the competition.
- - Cilic, currently ranked at 25 in the world, reached the semis at Queen's after Yen-Hsun Lu pulled out of thei quarter-final just two games into the second set. The big Croat also did for Lukas Rosol and Matthew Ebden en route to this stage. Had results gone differently, he could have faced Ivo Karlovic, Marcos Baghdatis or Janko Tipsarevic!
- - Cilic and Querrey have only met once before in ATP Tour matches, also on grass. Back in 2009, Cilic won a bruising five-set encounter in the second round at Wimbledon 4-6, 7-6(3), 6-3, 6-7(4), 6-4.
- - ... and on your PC with the Eurosport Player. Subscribe here
- - Remember you can watch this match, the second semi-final later today and tomorrow's final live on British Eurosport... Tennis on British Eurosport
- - Hello and welcome to Eurosport's live coverage of the first semi-final at Queen's Club between sixth seed Marin Cilic of Croatia and America's Sam Querrey!
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||07/10/1987|