|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Hsieh saves a first break point by pushing Sharapova wide and forcing the error from the Russian. And also saves a second with a great serve. But the world number one earns herself a third chance and this time she does wrap up the win, Hsieh running wide and firing her attempted forehand down the line slightly long
- - SHARARPOVA 6-1 5-4 - Sharapova holds with trouble once again but she holds nonetheless and Hsieh will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 4-4 - BREAK - Sharapova gets herself back on track, breaking back with a cracking forehand winner as she steps up the power once again. Was the Hsieh's only chance?
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 2-4 - Brilliant from Hsieh as she holds to 15 to consolidate the break this time. The Tawainese player is causing Sharapova all kinds of problems in this second set, although her serve is also causing her some trouble
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 2-3 - BREAK - Wow! A shockingly poor serve from Sharapova, it bounces on her side of the net before going over and bouncing on the other side as well, completes a double fault that gifts Hsieh a break lead in this second set for the second time. Can she take advantage of it this time though?
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 2-2 - Great serving from Hsieh as she holds from deuce with a solid ball down the centre of the court that jams Sharapova up, the Russian's return landing in the very bottom of the net
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 2-1 - No such issues for Sharapova this time around on serve as she holds without any drama to sneak out in front in this set for the first time
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 1-1 - BREAK - Yep! Just a slight lapse in concentration from the Russian as she ups both the power and the decibel levels on her shrieking and batters a couple of brutal returns of serve that Hsieh simply cannot deal with
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 0-1 - BREAK - Well, well, well! Despite opening with a cracking backhand down the line and landed right in the corner, Sharapova struggles with the swirling wind a little on serve. And Hsieh breaks with another brilliant return of serve winner across court. A slight lapse in concentration from Sharapova or something more?
- - SHARAPOVA 6-1 - SET - Sharapova levels at deuce with a forehand drive volley winner across court before grabbing a set point. And sure enough one set point is all Sharapova needs, the Russian coming up with a blistering off-forehand winner across court to seal an impressive opening set
- - SHARAPOVA 5-1 - Once again Hsieh fails to deal with the power of Sharapova as the Russian races through a love service hold, sealing it when Hsieh sends a backhand return into the net. The Taiwanese player will have to serve to stay in this opening set next
- - SHARAPOVA 4-1 - BREAK - The world number one is all business today as she grabs a double break from deuce by overpowering Hsieh with the superior strength of her ground-strokes
- - SHARAPOVA 3-1 - Hsieh sends a stunning double-handed backhand return of serve across court and into the corner for a winner to earn herself an immediate break back back. But a great first serve from Sharapova saves it and she goes on to hold and consolidate the break when Hsieh finds herself stranded in the mid-court and unable to get to a forehand volley from the Russian
- - SHARAPOVA 2-1 - BREAK - Sharapova gets down very low to a forehand out wide and somehow produces a winner across court before going on to break with another thumping cross court forehand that Hsieh can only return into the net
- - SHARAPOVA 1-1 - A love opening service hold from the world number one, despite the breezy conditions meaning she abandons her ball toss at least once, and she gets her side of the scoreboard ticking over
- - SHARAPOVA 0-1 - Hsieh holds for the opening game of the match after Sharapova sends a ground-stroke just long. The Russian challenges but the call is proved to be correct and we are underway on Court One
- - About to go out on to Court One is world number one Maria Sharapova. She is taking on Hsieh Su-Wei of Chinese Taipei and we will of course keep you updated with all the action from that one once the warm-up is complete
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|
|Date of Birth||04/01/1986|