|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - KVITOVA 4-6 7-5 6-1 - KVITOVA WINS THROUGH! It was a very tough ride for the defending champion, but she has roared back from a set down to win through to the quarter-finals with real persistence and character! Schiavone lost her cool over the slippery conditions and essentially stopped challenging towards the end. Kvitova will next take on Serena Williams - what a match that should be! Drawsheet
- - KVITOVA 4-6 7-5 4-0 - BREAK! Kvitova is running away with this final set as she moves into a commanding 4-0 lead with Schiavone really struggling to keep her cool or to find any rhythm.
- - KVITOVA 4-6 7-5 2-0 - BREAK! It is one-way traffic on Court 3 at the moment as the defending champion Kvitova takes complete control of the match all of a sudden with Schiavone very frustrated with the court and the conditions.
- - KVITOVA 4-6 7-5 - SET! Kvitova takes the second set with a crucial break of serve after the restart, and Schiavone is not at all happy with the conditions as she sees her opponent level up the match.
- - KVITOVA 4-6 2-2 - BREAK! Kvitova hits straight back to level at 2-2 in this second set, and Schiavone's early break is quickly eroded with the Czech beginning to finally kick into her stride.
- - KVITOVA 4-6 1-2 - BREAK! Schiavone is looking set to cause an upset on Court 3 as she drives a forehand down the line and lets out a roar to take another break of serve! Kvitova is really struggling and may be heading out if she doesn't redress the balance of the match quickly.
- - KVITOVA 4-6 - SET! What a set of tennis from Schiavone, who plays a typically tenacious and energetic game with Kvitova utterly stunned! The Italian is playing superbly and takes the first set with a solitary break of serve proving sufficient! Can the defending champion respond?
- - KVITOVA 1-2 - BREAK! Kvitova sees her serve broken as Schiavone stamps her authority on the match in the third game! The Czech player makes a slightly sluggish start, but can she respond?
- - On Court 3, Petra Kvitova, the defending champion and fourth seed, takes on Francesca Schiavone of Italy, the 24th seed.
|Date of Birth||23/06/1980|
|Date of Birth||08/03/1990|