|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - AZARENKA 6-3 7-6(4) - MATCH! Azarenka takes the tie-break and moves into the semi-finals! The run of quality WTA encounters today at Wimbledon continues but the pro-Paszek fans have seen the last of their heroine in a competitive context this year.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 6-6 - BREAK! - She has done it again! We're going to a tie-break as some superb returns combine with an Azarenka double-fault for a fourth break game in a row.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 6-5 - BREAK! - Third straight break in the set as the form of the first eight games is completely out the window. Things were looking good for Paszek but she lost her cool at 40-15 and now must do it all again to stay alive as Victoria serves for the match again.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 5-5 - BREAK! - Paszek is having none of it for now, as Azarenka uses her final challenge and the Austrian breaks her to 15. Fantastic fight she is putting up when it seemed to be all over.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 5-4 - BREAK! - Curse of the (online) commentator, as the Belarusian breaks to love. This could be the end of the road for the popular Paszek, as Azarenka will now serve for the match.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 4-4 - Smashing stuff again from Azarenka and after eight games in the second set, there's no sign of a breakthrough just yet.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 3-4 - Paszek is serving with tons of confidence now, and a sweet forehand winner caps a hold to 15. The action continues to be of a high standard and the dominance of the serve remains.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 3-3 - Arguably the rally of the day so far puts Azarenka 40-0 up, and the action leaves even Paszek with a begrudging smile on her face. Ace number six for the Belarusian completes the hold to love.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 2-3 - Paszek powers her way to a triple hold point, eventually converting the second of the three. Good stuff from the Austrian.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 2-2 - Some solid returns from Paszek but too much inconsistency defending Azarenka's serve and it's another hold.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 1-2 - Azarenka uses up a challenge call before the two battle to deuce, where a double-fault scuppers Paszek's first advantage and the net robs her of her second. But her third is not only two-handed to glory, but comes after another Azarenka challenge is used up.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 1-1 - It is Azarenka now looking the least convincing in holding serve, but nonetheless that's what she does in game two of the second.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 0-1 - Good initial reaction from Paszek with a sweeping hold to 15. She remains in high spirits as usual, but needs to find a way of cracking the smooth form of Azarenka.
- - AZARENKA 6-3 - SET! - And there's the first set for a fully-focused Azarenka. She celebrates the final point before returning to a trance of full concentration between sets in her chair.
- - AZARENKA 5-3 - BREAK! - There's the first break and a well-timed one, as Azarenka wears Paszek down with the returns and eventually forces her out on the second advantage break point.
- - AZARENKA 4-3 - A pair of errant returns from Paszek cap a comfortable hold to 15.
- - AZARENKA 3-3 - Paszek drops the first two points but rebounds powerfully, serving up four on the bounce to avoid any chance of a break point.
- - AZARENKA 3-2 - Azarenka continues to serve better than her opponent, despite the lack of a clear advantage at the moment, and holds to love in game five.
- - AZARENKA 2-2 - The Belarus player takes her sweet time deciding on challenging a Paszek advantage on deuce seven and as a result, misses out, from which point the Austrian holds to end a marathon fourth game.
- - AZARENKA 2-1 - The fans are filing back into Centre Court by the shedload as Azarenka secures her second hold.
- - AZARENKA 1-1 - Paszek is strong in her first service game and levels up. Good feeling-out here.
- - AZARENKA 1-0 - Solid hold to begin the contest for the Belarusian on Centre Court.
- - Azarenka serves first and the final women's quarter-final to get underway has finally done so.
- - And so Paszek-Azarenka will finally begin soon, on Centre Court instead now with Kerber advancing.
|Date of Birth||06/12/1990|
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|