|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 6-4 - CLIJSTERS WINS THROUGH! What a victory for Clijsters, who has not played much tennis at all this year but manages to pull through and seal a straight-sets win over a tricky opponent in Jankovic. Next up for Clijsters will be a clash with Andrea Hlavackova of the Czech Republic. Drawsheet
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 4-4 - Jankovic levels at 4-4 with a courageous hold as Clijsters piles on the pressure, and the Serb is right back in this match now after looking to have slipped out.
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 4-3 - BREAK! Jankovic reduces the deficit with a break back, and the Serb finds three big returns to stun Clijsters and get back into the match.
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 4-2 - BREAK! Clijsters seizes the initiative in this second set and breaks serve to lead 4-2. The Belgian is now just two games from victory with Jankovic having to produce something special.
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 3-2 - Clijsters manages to hold firm on this occasion and completes a comfortable service hold without too much trouble. Can she now trouble Jankovic on return?
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 2-2 - BREAK! Clijsters hits straight back to level at 2-2, and the Belgian is battling exceptionally hard to ensure that she is in a position to win this match in straight sets!
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 1-2 - BREAK! Jankovic, for the first time in the match, really shows what she has got as she fires a forehand down the line and bludgeons a backhand cross court to break!
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 1-1 - Jankovic levels at 1-1 as she finds two crisp forehand winners, and the Serb is beginning to come more into this match now after losing the first set.
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 1-0 - Clijsters begins the second set with a flurry of brilliant forehands as the Belgian stamps her authority on proceedings once more. Jankovic has it all to do.
- - CLIJSTERS 6-2 - SET! Clijsters takes the opening set 6-2 in very comfortable fashion, and the crowd are struggling to get into what was supposed to be a tense and competitive clash between two fine players. Clijsters is cruising.
- - CLIJSTERS 5-2 - Clijsters moves to within a game of taking the opening set as she holds to 15, and Jankovic makes it very easy for her with three poor returns which drift wide.
- - CLIJSTERS 4-2 - Jankovic holds under pressure once more to reduce the deficit, and she records her second game as Clijsters wavers on return.
- - CLIJSTERS 4-1 - Clijsters extends her lead as she holds very comfortably once more, and Jankovic is not managing to make any impact on her opponent's delivery.
- - CLIJSTERS 3-1 - Belatedly, Jankovic gets on the board in this match and she clenches her fist in relief as she closes it out. Can she now attack Clijsters's serve?
- - CLIJSTERS 3-0 - Clijsters consolidates her break of serve with a brilliant forehand winner down the line and a string of fine first serves. The Belgian is looking very good indeed.
- - CLIJSTERS 2-0 - BREAK! Clijsters hammers a forehand down the line from deuce to post a break point, but Jankovic recovers with a fine backhand winner. Clijsters manages to break after deuce with a forehand down the line. A scorcher!
- - CLIJSTERS 1-0 - Clijsters begins the match with two big serves to the body of Jankovic, and the Serb cannot find a testing return as her opponent comfortably holds to close out the game.
- - Clijsters leads the pair's head-to-head record 7-1 with Jankovic's solitary victory coming in Toronto back in 2009.
- - The third and final match on Court One today sees Kim Clijsters take on Jelena Jankovic, the 18th seed, in their first-round encounter.
|Date of Birth||08/06/1983|
|Date of Birth||28/02/1985|