|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - KVITOVA 6-4 6-4 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! The defending champion Petra Kvitova wins through to the second round after a tense finale following the rain delay - but she's safely through and overcomes Amanmuradova, who was no push over. In the next round, Kvitova will take on either Britain's Elena Baltacha or Karin Knapp of Italy. Drawsheet
- - KVITOVA 6-4 5-4 - Amanmuradova comes out with all guns blazing and fires three big first serves to hold and put Kvitova under pressure - she must now hold for the match!
- - KVITOVA 6-4 5-3 - Kvitova moves to within a game of the match as she holds serve very comfortably, and the Czech is cruising towards victory now on Centre Court!
- - KVITOVA 6-4 4-3 - Amanmuradova again reduces the deficit with a solid hold, and Kvitova is frustrated as she looks to wrap up this second set!
- - KVITOVA 6-4 4-2 - Kvitova restores her two-game cushion in this second set as the Czech continues to look very assured and confident after an early scare.
- - KVITOVA 6-4 3-2 - Amanmuradova replies with a gutsy hold under real pressure from deuce, and she reduces the deficit.
- - KVITOVA 6-4 3-1 - Kvitova is given a great deal of problems by her opponent, but she comes through to hold and consolidate her break in this second set!
- - KVITOVA 6-4 2-1 - BREAK! Kvitova has the crucial break in this second set as Amanmuradova fails to settle on serve, and the Czech is storming away now!
- - KVITOVA 6-4 1-1 - Kvitova slams a forehand down the line and finds three big serves as she holds to level at 1-1.
- - KVITOVA 6-4 0-1 - Amanmuradova holds firm at the start of the second set as she holds serve to keep Kvitova from taking control once more.
- - KVITOVA 6-4 - SET! Kvitova, remarkably, takes the opening set after having been well and truly behind at the start. What a recovery.
- - KVITOVA 5-4 - BREAK! Suddenly Amanmuradova loses her composure as Kvitova piles on the pressure, and the Czech secures a crucial break of serve!
- - KVITOVA 4-4 - Kvitova holds serve to level at 4-4, and the recovery is complete from the Czech as she comes from behind to get back on terms.
- - KVITOVA 3-4 - BREAK! Kvitova is really thriving now as she roars back to break Amanmuradova with consummate ease, and now she is back on terms!
- - KVITOVA 2-4 - Kvitova attempts to force her way back into the match as she finds three big first serves and a huge forehand to hold.
- - KVITOVA 1-4 - Amanmuradova continues to impress as she again finds a flurry of first serves to establish herself in this opening set, and Kvitova cannot trouble her opponent.
- - KVITOVA 1-3 - Very belatedly, Kvitova gets on the board in this opening set, and the crowd are urging her to rise to the occasion as she continues to trail having lost her serve early on.
- - KVITOVA 0-3 - Amanmuradova consolidates her break of serve as she leads 3-0 in this opening set, and Kvitova is really finding it difficult from the back of the court.
- - KVITOVA 0-2 - BREAK! Amanmuradova breaks serve in clinical fashion as Kvitova suffers a very poor start indeed to the opening set. The Czech is really struggling.
- - KVITOVA 0-1 - Amanmuradova takes the first game of the match in very assured fashion with three big serves to the body of Kvitova, who cannot respond.
- - Reigning champion Petra Kvitova opens her campaign against Akgul Amanmuradova on Centre Court, and she gets a huge ovation as she walks on!
|Date of Birth||23/06/1984|
|Date of Birth||08/03/1990|