|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 7-6(4) MATCH MURRAY! Ivo hits the net with a weak backhand, two match points Murray at 6-4 in the tie-break... Taken as Ivo goes wide after a fine two-handed backhand to the corner. Murray is through! Dimitrov and Baghdatis do battle for a place against Murray in round three. Men's draw
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 6-6 (4-4) Level pegging early in the tie-break as Ivo pumps a second serve ace right down the middle. But a fierce return from Murray puts him 3-2 up, mini-break! Lovely point follows that Ivo wins with a volley at net after giving a willing Murray the runaround following a failed lob. But a super point from Murray, drilling an angled drive across Karlo at net following a pounding rally. Ivo levels though... Double fault! Foot fault even! Murray two points from victory!!
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 6-6 Poor start for Murray, who serves up a double-fault. But a cross-court forehand sees Murray level. He slips a point back though, and needs a huge first serve to level at 30-30. And a mighty second serve does the trick, before Murray holds with an ace and forces the tie-break.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 5-6 With a cocky second-serve ace, Karlovic claims a love hold against a rattled Murray, rattled after an errant line call. Murray now serving to stay in the fourth set.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 5-5 Murray holds to love as he looks to try and get this before a tie-break.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 3-4 Great serving by Ivo once more and he holds, having regained his form in this fourth set.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 3-3 Ivo with a rare win after a rally, but the serving Murray buries a forehand to level.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 3-3 Karlovic holds, having found a bit more spark recently, and it's level still. Balls and end change.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 2-3 Muzzah has a sniff at 30-0 but Karlovic whips out the serves of gor and has game point. Karlo holds. He seemed angered by a foot-fault.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 2-2 Murray with a dominant game on serve, giving Karlovic the runaround as he holds to love.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 1-2 A growl of anger from Murray as he nets a return at 30-30. He had spun a fine return past Karlovic earlier in this game too. And then he returns long as the third set sticks with serve.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 1-1 No problems for Karlovic to hold the fourth-set opener, but Murray also defends well and cruises to a love hold.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 6-2 SET! A nice easy hold for Murray as he serves out the third set. Much better this set from Murray.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 5-2 BREAK! A successful challenge from Murray as Karlovic's first serve was out. A few more aces later though and Karlovic should hold but he feels the pressure and double faults at advantage. And break point Murray as he whips a forehand away! And taken after a wonderful rally as, with Karlovic thinking he's won it, Murray flies across to snatch out a low flicked shot just over the net that the Croat nets! Murray serving for the third!
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 4-2 Murray with a love hold as Karlovic pumps a return long.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 3-2 What a shot from Murray! Flying pass down the line after Karlo thought he'd beaten him! 15-15. Good response though - ace no. 11 from Karlo. And a serve-volley to bring up game point, taken with another.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 3-1 Fantastic return from Karlo down the line, but it's 40-15 and Murray holds to 30.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 2-1 Karlo now has 10 aces to Murray's seven, and he love-holds to get off the mark in this third set.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 2-0 Murray was set for a love hold, but he double-faults. Then he fails to do enough with his volley at net and Karlo passes him with ease. And now it's deuce as Murray seems to slack off. But he holds as Karlo returns long twice.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7 1-0 BREAK! A yelp of frustration from Murray as he misses a return that was begging to be buried. He had won the first point after a Karlo double fault too. but oh what a long from the Scot after Karlo was stranded! And he breaks him at the first time of asking!
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-7(5) SET KARLOVIC! Murray misses a straightforward shot and it's set point Karlovic! Off second serve Murray is given the runaround and eventually he flounders into the net and it's level! Karlo shades the tie-break.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-6 (5-5) Rotten shot from Murray, spooned up in the air a la Wozniacki, and a mini-break for Karlovic in the tie-break. But he swings wildly at a forehand and it's eaten back. Level pegging as they trade blows...
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-6 Karlovic wants to take this to a tie-break and he starts well enough but drops a point as he loses balance at a net volley. A decent hold for the big man and it's a tie-break.
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-5 Murray with a strong service game, holding to 15 as Karlovic spins one well wide. The Big Man serving to stay in the set again.
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-5 Karlovic resists some adventurous Murray attacking play, serving out a hold to 30 with an ace.
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-4 Karlo gets lucky off the net but Murray has lightning fee and scrambles to make it, the Croat only able to respond by lobbing it long. Murray holds to love, leaving Karlovic serving to stay in the second set.
- - MURRAY 7-5 4-4 Karlo chucks in some thunderbolts to move 30-0 up, and he continues the trend by holding to love.
- - MURRAY 7-5 4-3 Everyone - myself included - has gone on about the Karlovic serve, but Murray has out-aced him 7-6 so far. He is 40-0 up now and holds to love with an unreturnable second serve.
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-2 fantastic point by both men as Karlo pegs Muzzah back to deuce after some glorious net play, the Croat winning it with a backhand volley as Murray slips. Break point now as he feigns to send a backhand centrally but spins it down the line. Deuce again though as Murray responds with a fine serve. And, after that little test, the Scot holds.
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-2 Karlovic does well to fight back from 30-15 down, even getting a cheer from the Murray-backing crowd as he powers one away from Muzzah. But a wicked return from a 130mph serve puts Murray at deuce. Advantage Karlovic and he should take it but goes wide after a relatively weak second serve and back to deuce. Karlo gets it together though, and when he is on game on serve there's no stopping him. Hold.
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-1 Karlovic tries a backhand overhead, which lands out for Murray to hold to 15. So far this has been disciplined from Murray.
- - MURRAY 7-5 1-0 He drops a couple of points but, unlike the first game in the first set, Murray keeps his nerve and holds.
- - MURRAY 7-5 SET! An uncharacteristic double fault from Karlo gives Murray a route into this game, but he follows that with a booming first serve for 30-15. But then a second serve is returned well by Murray, Karlo slicing a backhand to net. And a savage return down the line from Murray, set point! But a second-serve ace down the middle! Murray challenges... GOOD CALL! Two inches wide, first set Murray!!
- - MURRAY 5-5 The Scot held so Karlo is serving to stay in the set - and Murray takes the first point as he manages to return, making the court wide as Karlo struggles to keep pace. 30-0 Murray as he has that slightly squinty look in his eye, although a lovely volley beats him for 15-30. And now two set points Murray as Karlovic lobs long after a fine piece of net play from both men! Great serve into body, one set point... deuce as Murray fails to return. And Karlovic holds with his big serves.
- - MURRAY 4-3 Both men have excellent service games, with Karlovic's power tempered by the fact that Murray is probably the best returner of serve in tennis, possibly second to Nole. Murray holds.
- - MURRAY 3-3 Karlovic wins a superb point at the net, showing he is not just a pretty serve. Aces too, and he holds to love.
- - MURRAY 3-2 Muzzah's best service game so far as he blasts them away, holding to love. But can he break the big man again this set?
- - MURRAY 2-2 A straightforward hold for Murray now as he erases that early break soon enough; Karlovic responds by blasting some mighty serves in of his down. Level pegging early on.
- - MURRAY 1-1 BREAK! Well reputations count for little I suppose - Karlovic is supposed to be the man on serve, but Murray races 40-15 up, although a superb second serve can only be backhanded to net and it's 30-40. But the second break point is taken with a super return and Murray is level.
- - MURRAY 0-1 BREAK! Oh dear! Karlovic opens with a break against Murray, having been 40-0 down! A combination of fine returns and Murray imploding! That's not ideal as Karlovic is very hard to break.
- - HEAD TO HEAD: Murray leads 3-0 - but he has never played Karlovic on grass, which is the big-serving giant's speciality.
|Date of Birth||28/02/1979|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|