|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 6-1 - DJOKOVIC WINS THROUGH! It's a very comfortable and impressive victory for Novak Djokovic, who is not particularly tested by Ferrero as he wins through losing just seven games in the match. It's a straightforward victory for Djokovic, and next up for him will be a second-round match with either Ryan Harrison or Yen-Hsun Lu. Drawsheet
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 5-1 - Djokovic is at least forced to serve out for the match as Ferrero holds, and the world number one can now close this out in clincal fashion...
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 5-0 - Djokovic again consolidates his break of serve as he drills a forehand down the line, and this is all too easy for the Serb as he powers towards a very comfortable victory indeed! The crowd want to see a resistance from Ferrero.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 4-0 - BREAK! Djokovic is rampant! He breaks serve for the second game in succession, and the Serb is thriving now as he opens up a commanding lead. Djokovic is surging towards victory in very quick time.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 3-0 - Djokovic consolidates his break of serve despite Ferrero putting up a very strong resistance and taking the game to an extended deuce. But the Serb is resilient and holds once more.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 2-0 - BREAK! Djokovic breaks serve with a brilliant assault on the Ferrero serve, and the top seed is running away with this match now! Ferrero is unable to find any resistance in the face of the attack.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 1-0 - Djokovic begins the third set in very aggressive fashion, firing two big second serves to ensure that Ferrero remains firmly pegged back behind the baseline. He holds comfortably.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-3 - SET! Djokovic takes the second set in ruthless fashion as Ferrero fails to hold serve under tremendous pressure and, despite saving four set points after deuce, the Spaniard finally wilts! Djokovic is cruising now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-3 - Ferrero does superbly to take the game to deuce with a flurry of fine returns, but Djokovic defies his opponent to come through and hold serve. He is just one game from taking the second set now.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-3 - Ferrero reduces the deficit with a composed hold, and the Spaniard is keeping in contention with the world number one despite being a break down in this second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-2 - Djokovic reestablishes his two-game cushion as he holds to further consolidate his break of serve, and Ferrero has no reply as the Serb continues to surge towards the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-2 - Ferrero gets back into some rhythm as he holds serve with ease, and the Spaniard is playing very well without really threatening his opponent. Djokovic remains very much in control.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-1 - Djokovic holds serve under pressure from Ferrero, who finds two very fine returns on his backhand side, but the Serb comes through to hold in assured fashion and consolidate his break.
- - Are you backing Djokovic to win Wimbledon this year, or do you fancy Federer, Nadal, Murray or another player to triumph? Get in touch via Twitter!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-1 - BREAK! Ferrero suddenly looks disheartened as Djokovic slams an emphatic forehand winner down the line, and the top seed is thriving as he finds himself a set and a break up!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 - Djokovic has no problems at all in holding serve himself to get going in this second set, and he finds three big first deliveries to level it up with Ferrero unable to respond.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 - Ferrero gets off to a very solid start in this second set as he holds comfortably, and he drills a forehand down the line to ensure that Djokovic cannot prevent him from taking the game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET! The first set goes Djokovic's way despite the Serb having fallen a break down early on. It's a very fine response from the world number one, and he struts off to his chair with Ferrero suddenly under the cosh.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - BREAK! Djokovic breaks for a second time in this set to take control, and suddenly the Serb is playing very fluently and with a great deal of confidence! Ferrero sees his serve taken apart, and now Djokovic can serve out for the opening set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - The early jitters have gone now as Djokovic and Ferrero trade stunning forehand winners, and the Serb closes out a very fine hold with a volley down the line and a crisp forehand down the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - Ferrero is put under immense pressure as Djokovic finds a few fierce returns, but Djokovic fires a forehand down the line and drills a backhand winner cross court.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - This is much better from Djokovic as he hammers a forehand cross court and volleys down the line to back up fine first deliveries. It's a solid hold from the top seed as he moves in front.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - BREAK! Djokovic breaks back immediately with a perfectly-executed assault on the Ferrero serve, and the Spaniard has no response as the top seed roars back! Djokovic clenches his fist and is very fired up now.
- - If you want to get in touch at any point during this match, you can express your views in the comments section below or on Twitter!
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 - BREAK! What a start for Ferrero, who breaks in clinical fashion as Djokovic wavers on serve, and the Spaniard has the early advantage! Djokovic crucially slips as he goes for a forehand, and he is behind in this match!
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Ferrero is very clinical as he slams two forehand winners cross court as he moves in court to back up his first serve. He establishes himself with a solid hold at the start of this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Djokovic holds with consummate ease as he gets going at the start of the opening set, and the Serb finds three big first deliveries to establish a good rhythm.
- - This pair have a 1-1 head-to-head record with Djokovic winning on the hard courts of Madrid, while Ferrero prevailed in Umag, Croatia.
- - Novak Djokovic is beaming as he strolls onto Centre Court, accompanied by Juan Carlos Ferrero. He receives a huge ovation from the crowd and is relishing the moment.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||12/02/1980|