|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-1 6-1 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Federer wins through with a very comfortable first-round win over Ramos of Spain, and it could hardly have been easier for the Swiss as he concedes just three games in the one hour and 19 minute victory! Next up for Federer will be a second-round match against either Fabio Fognini or Michael Llodra. Drawsheet
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-1 5-1 - Ramos belatedly gets on the board with a gutsy hold after deuce, and Federer goes wide with a forehand as the Spaniard avoids the ignominy of a bagel. There is huge applause to mark it!
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-1 5-0 - Federer is now just a game away from victory as he holds serve very comfortably, and the Swiss is irrepressible as he continues to defy belief with some of his shot-making.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-1 4-0 - BREAK! Federer breaks again as Ramos is completely outplayed, and the Spaniard folds under enormous pressure after an extended deuce. It's relentless from Federer, who closes in on victory.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-1 3-0 - Federer consolidates his break of serve despite Ramos's best efforts, and the Swiss is continuing to play with relentless intensity as he cruises on.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-1 2-0 - BREAK! Federer capitalises once more on a poor service game from Ramos, and the Spaniard is ruthlessly punished as the Swiss breaks serve and romps towards victory!
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-1 1-0 - Federer gets going with a brilliant ace, and the Swiss looks incredibly confident and assured as he establishes himself at the start of this third set. Can Ramos compete?
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-1 - SET! It's so easy for Federer as he breaks serve yet again, and Ramos is not managing to make any impression as he narrowly avoids suffering a bagel in both sets! Federer is utterly dominant!
- - FEDERER 6-1 5-1 - Federer is now just a game shy of taking the second set, and he is having no problems holding serve with consummate ease as Ramos takes on overly ambitious returns.
- - FEDERER 6-1 4-1 - BREAK! Federer again stamps his authority on proceedings as he powers a stunning forehand down the line and smashes a backhand volley cross court to leave Ramos with no chance!
- - FEDERER 6-1 3-1 - Federer holds with the utmost ease as Ramos helps out by going wide with two misplaced forehands, and the Swiss is surging towards taking the second set now.
- - FEDERER 6-1 2-1 - Federer slams a forehand down the line, but Ramos manages to hold his composure and get on the board at last with a string of fine first serves and groundstrokes to follow each up.
- - FEDERER 6-1 2-0 - Federer drills a forehand down the line and follows it up with a backhand cross court to close out the game. Federer is thriving now and manages to open up a convincing lead.
- - FEDERER 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Federer breaks at the start of the second set, and the Swiss is managing to really stamp his authority on the match with a set and a break in his favour now!
- - Do you fancy Federer to win Wimbledon this year? The Swiss is looking very impressive and assured in this first-round match. Get in touch with your thoughts on Twitter!
- - FEDERER 6-1 - SET! Federer wraps up the opening set in very convincing fashion, losing just a solitary game as he takes it comfortably on serve. Ramos will be relieved to have at least got on the board, but he needs to find something more.
- - FEDERER 5-1 - BREAK! Ramos cannot settle or consolidate his break of serve as his own delivery is again ruthlessly attacked to good effect by Federer, who regains his comfortable advantage!
- - FEDERER 4-1 - BREAK! Ramos eventually gets on the board in this opening set, and he breaks serve to stun Federer and reduce the deficit! It's a terrific response from the Spaniard.
- - FEDERER 4-0 - BREAK! The crowd are very much behind Ramos as he has four advantages after deuce but squanders each before eventually being broken. Federer is in command.
- - FEDERER 3-0 - Federer consolidates his break of serve with a string of fine forehands and Ramos is unable to respond on return as the Swiss opens up a comfortable cushion.
- - FEDERER 2-0 - BREAK! What an emphatic break of serve from Federer, who slams a forehand down the line and produces a crisp half volley cross court. Federer is thriving now and has the early advantage!
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer holds with consummate ease to get going in this opening set, and Ramos can make no impression as he goes wide with two forehand returns.
- - Roger Federer strides on court for his first-round match against Albert Ramos of Spain on Court One.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||17/01/1988|