|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 6-2 - MATCH! - Though Youzhny hits one of the finest shots of the match, back-handing cross court almost effortlessly to pull a point back for 15-30, Federer soon caps the hold for the three-set win with an equally-majestic back-hand drop. A superb performance puts Fed through to meet either Djokovic or Mayer with his 14th win in 14 against the Russian.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 5-2 - And he really should have. Triple break point is rescued by Youzhny, who perhaps feeling his neck on the chopping board steps it up for five in a row to hold. Where was that earlier?
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 5-1 - A hold from Federer and he can break for the match here...
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 4-1 - BREAK! - Youzhny resists three break points but finally succumbs, and it's only a matter of time now.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 3-1 - Youzhny holds, but then squanders his first break points as Federer clings on from deuce. Just not going to be his day for anything other than screaming at the top of his lungs.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 2-0 - The Swiss player holds from 30-30 for a third straight 2-0 set advantage. Those early breaks are really setting the tone against a powerful and energetic, yet inconsistent Youzhny.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! - Federer battles back after the Russian starts assuredly enough and wins the first break of set three from deuce.
- - FEDERER 6-1 5-2 - BREAK! - Youzhny powers up after shipping a triple break point and saves two, but it's too little too late and Federer will now serve fo a two-set lead.
- - FEDERER 6-1 4-2 - Fed cuts Youzhny to shreds with a series of lethal first serves to hold again and keep that edge from the early break as he nears a second set victory.
- - FEDERER 6-1 3-2 - Youzhny mirrors the feat with his own hold to 30, powering Federer out of play with a backhand to seal the deal.
- - FEDERER 6-1 3-1 - Federer stretches Youzhny with serve from 30-30 to hold from there.
- - FEDERER 6-1 2-1 - Some excellent net approaches from Youzhny are the highlight of a hold to 15 and his first game of the set.
- - FEDERER 6-1 2-0 - And once again Fed gets daylight early in the set, holding to 30 for the 2-0 lead.
- - FEDERER 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! - Youzhny lets out a war cry on both of the break points he saves, but he's broken on the third as Federer continues to outclass.
- - FEDERER 6-1 - SET! - And Fed holds for the first set. Youzhny remains his usual upbeat self, winning over more fans as he goes with his demeanour - especially as he celebrates making it 30-30.
- - FEDERER 5-1 - BREAK! - And the Swiss ace is on the verge of taking the opening set as he completes the double break.
- - The covers are out on both courts! Federer had a break point against Youzhny after the Russian had just saved one, but would it not have been easier to play with roof from the start???
- - FEDERER 4-1 - Federer holds to 15 to keep his advantage in the opening set.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - Youzhny puts pressure on Federer from his return stance and secures a powerful hold to 15 for his first game of the contest.
- - FEDERER 3-0 - Loose returns from Youzhny make for a far shortly game three as Federer holds to 15.
- - FEDERER 2-0 - BREAK! - 10-minute game and one Youzhny will be kicking himself over dropping. From a triple hold point, Federer fights back and though the Russian is able to dodge four break points from deuce, he squanders an ace which delivers his only advantage point and Fed gets the break on deuce six.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Almost a game of keeping up with the Joneses, as Federer holds to love in short order to start strong against Youzhny.
- - Federer serves first, and we're off!
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||25/06/1982|