|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 7-6 6-2 - MATCH! - Tsonga breaks Kohl again and has powered over the line following a gruelling back-and-forth with the German over the first three sets. He is the third name in the semi-final draw and will meet the winner of Murray-Ferrer, still ongoing.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 7-6 5-2 - There's no sign of relent in the Frenchman's serve, however, and he is now one game away from the last four.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 7-6 4-2 - Kohlschreiber holds to love himself which shakes off the recent storm of Tsonga form, but the German needs to find a break and fast...
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 7-6 4-1 - Tsonga continues to build momentum and holds to love for another flurry of points without reply. After jockeying with Philipp for most of the match, he is starting to mow him over.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 7-6 3-1 - BREAK! - Now there's some daylight: Tsonga almost effortlessly breaks a flagging Kohl to love and the German needs to get this back to stay in the tournament.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 7-6 2-1 - The Frenchman keeps the power coming with his second hold of the set.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 7-6 1-1 - Both players once again start strong in the fourth with ball in hand, holding serve with minimum fuss.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 7-6(3) - SET! - Far more convincing tie-breaker from Tsonga and he re-takes the lead. 7-3 win in the TB and one more set will push him into the last four.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 6-6 - Tsonga recovers from some sloppy second service to force the tie-break from deuce.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 5-6 - Kohl keeps his service intact and Tsonga must do the same to avoid going 2-1 behind from a set up.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 5-5 - Looking likely to have another tie-break this afternoon, a second for Tsonga-Kohlschreiber barring a late break. The Frenchman with another powerful hold for 5-5.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 4-5 - Good aggression from Kohl, perhaps a direct reaction to his last service game, and he holds again.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 4-4 - Tsonga holds to love and the match is dead set eight games into the third set.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 3-4 - Tsonga misses out on five break points and a marathon game is finally held by the German. Big chance that.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 3-3 - Wild and erratic first and second serves, but enough to finish the hold from deuce for Tsonga.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 2-3 - Philipp holds again, slower pace to the third set so far.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 2-2 - More discipline to Tsonga's power in serve, and he comfortably holds.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 1-2 - Relief for Kohl as he holds to 30, with those big bombs of Tsonga on the return lacking accuracy at the moment.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 1-1 - The duo begin the third set with a hold each.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-6 - SET! - Great returns from Kohlschreiber and he gets the break to level in sets. That eventual Tsonga surge was not enough as a slow start combined with fantastic second serves from the German hand Philipp set two.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-5 - A scrappy game but that won't matter for Kohlschreiber, who smashes home advantage from deuce to hold.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-4 - Tsonga lights up the court with a 136 serve to begin a hold to 15, spoiled only by a good return on the first of the triple game point. Parity is restored and the German needs to get some of that momentum back, fast.
- - TSONGA 7-6 3-4 - BREAK! - Perhaps Tsonga has awoken now. A monster forehand and a perfect cross-court backhand seal a first break and offer a lifeline in set two.
- - TSONGA 7-6 2-4 - Almost a double-break but Tsonga saves the point and holds from deuce. He's just not with the pace of the second set so far, and Kohl isn't having to move around much - he's controlling this set from the back at present.
- - TSONGA 7-6 1-4 - Philipp remains unflappable with ball in hand regardless, holding to love again for nine service points without reply now.
- - TSONGA 7-6 1-3 - Tsonga is still struggling to convince, but at least he manages to hold for the first time in the set after stammering to deuce.
- - TSONGA 7-6 0-3 - Hold to love from Kohlschreiber and he is in complete control. His first serves are devastating Tsonga so far in the second set.
- - TSONGA 7-6 0-2 - BREAK! - And the German follows up with the first break of the match! Superb reaction from Kohl!
- - TSONGA 7-6 0-1 - Kohlschreiber holds to 30 to open up set two after dropping the tie-break for the opener.
- - Tsonga certainly deserved the first set, no matter how close, with far superior stats in winners, aces and first serve percentage. But he did scupper that one crack at a break and almost wasted a great position in the tie-break. Second set now underway.
- - TSONGA 7-6(5) - SET! - Well he certainly made a meal of that. Tsonga roared into a 6-1 lead but Kohl wiped out four of the five set points before the Frenchman finally changed things up and it paid off, as he served the fifth for the opening set.
- - TSONGA 6-6 - Though it appears that the Frenchman may crack the German's resolve, Kohl outlasts his opponent and forces the tie-break for the opening set.
- - TSONGA 6-5 - More great variety from Tsonga, with a delicate drop for 30-30 the highlight, and he can break for the set up next - though we've seen just one break point so far.
- - TSONGA 5-5 - The German makes it ten as the opening set is heading to the wire on Court 1.
- - TSONGA 5-4 - Unpeturbed on serve, Tsonga smashes in another hold to love.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Kohlschreiber survives the first break point of the match and makes good on his second advantage for an eighth straight hold in the set.
- - TSONGA 4-3 - Though a little erratic on the two-handers, Tsonga has enough power and accuracy to ride them to a fourth hold.
- - TSONGA 3-3 - Far more attractive stuff in game six: Tsonga begins with great pace and technique to back-hand a rally beyond his opponent, but Kohl doesn't miss a beat from there with a pair of winners en route to the hold.
- - TSONGA 3-2 - Tsonga holds again as the fourth quarter-final coninues to breeze through the first set. Brief pause now before Kohl will serve again...
- - TSONGA 2-2 - The German keeps his own serve going with a hold to 15. Not much between the two so far.
- - TSONGA 2-1 - The Frenchman comes back with his own love-service. The two are flawless on first serve in these early stages.
- - TSONGA 1-1 - Things moving at a nice breezy pace on Court 1 as Philipp sweeps Tsonga with a hold to love.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - Tsonga holds to 30 to begin his quarter-final against Kohl.
- - Meanwhile, Tsonga and Kohlschreiber are underway on Court One with the Frenchman serving first.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||16/10/1983|