|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - RODDICK 6-7 3-6 - GAME SET AND MATCH! You can never accuse Roddick of lacking interest but he is certainly missing something as another poor service game is capitalised upon by Chardy, who has two match points and takes them with his next return. Roddick clearly troubled by his back. Chardy faces Russia's Denis Istomin. Cincy drawsheet.
- - RODDICK 6-7 3-5- BREAK! Roddick suddenly seems to be a trouble, foot faults of all things now as he falls 0-30 on serve. He pulls one back after finally getting his act together. Not in time though as Chardy gets the first break of the match at a key time with Roddick clearly suffering. The Frenchman follows that up with a devastating service game, Roddick serving to stay in it.
- - RODDICK 6-7 2-2 - Roddick is back after treatment, which I assume to have been a massage and painkillers, and he shows superb aggression to move 30-0 up with a fine forehand dug into the corner. Chardy pulls one back via an unsuccessful challenge, and levels as Roddick mishits a return off second serve. And Chardy gets his head together to hold, but Roddick showed a bit more fight there.
- - RODDICK 6-7 2-1 - Just after another decent hold, Roddick needs treatment to his back. We think a muscle has gone into spasm after his big serves. He goes off for treatment. Not looking good for Roddick.
- - RODDICK 6-7 1-1 - The second set starts well for Roddick, who blasts his way to his easiest hold so far. It stays with serve initially.
- - RODDICK 6-7(4) - SET! Two set points to Chardy now, but Roddick is on serve. Roddick should have grabbed one back after dominating the point with Chardy floundering, but the American gets little power on consecutive smashes, allowing a flying Chardy to find a brilliant passing shot down the line. First set to the Frenchman!
- - RODDICK 6-6 - Mini-break for Chardy after a rotten approach shot attempt from Roddick.
- - RODDICK 6-6 - Roddick is worked incredibly hard on serve again but, again, he is able to resist using his powerful deliveries and it's a first-set tiebreak.
- - RODDICK 4-5 - Danger for Roddick here as he slips a break (and set) point down after some fine returning off his second serve... Sloppy from Chardy as he fluffs one into the net with Roddick on the run. Wasted opportunity. Deuce.
- - RODDICK 4-5 - Chardy blasts in an ace to complete a quickfire love hold that keeps this with serve. Roddick now has to defend the first set.
- - RODDICK 3-4- The American with a major test of Chardy's serve now as he returns most the Frenchman sends his way. On deuce for a third time now, although no break points yet. It say that but then Chardy pumps what should have been a winner wide! First break point, first serve into the net... Roddick almost flashes a winner past Chardy but just wide. And finally Chardy holds.
- - RODDICK 3-3 - Roddick sees off the first real challenge to his serve, Chardy having snatched back a few points.
- - RODDICK 1-1 - Venus Williams has beaten Maria Kirilenko, so 16th seed and home fave Andy Roddick is in action against dangerous Frenchman Jeremy Chardy now. It starts with serve.
- - You'll have to wait a bit for this match between Andy Roddick and Jeremy Chardy as, after taking the first set against Maria Kirilenko, Venus Williams has lost the second on a tie-break meaning that Centre Court clash is a keeper.
|Date of Birth||30/08/1982|
|Date of Birth||12/02/1987|