|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FISH - 6-2 6-3 - MATCH! Lopez does manage to hold but he delays the inevitable as Fish moves to three match points with some fine serving and a neatly-dictated point from the baseline. But the American then pumps what should be the match-winner long, before some good defensive play from Lopez sees the American weakly scuff one from the baseline to net. But then Lopez crushes a second-serve return to net, and that is that. Berlocq next for Fish. ATP Cincinnati drawsheet.
- - FISH 6-2 5-2 - The next two games do stay with serve as Lopez briefly stops the rot - he's back on serve now and trying to stay in the tournament.
- - FISH 6-2 4-1 - BREAK! That 'save' of a hold took a lot out of Lopez it seems, and as Fish holds easily to follow, the Spaniard is broken with barely a whimper. Could be a nice long dinner break for the fans with the next Centre Court action not until 7pm local (midnight UK).
- - FISH 6-2 1-1 - Fish picks up where he left off, blasting away a service game before scrapping to break point on Lopez's serve. Saved after a great second serve from the Spaniard gives Fish the runaround. Lopez digs himself out of a massive hole with some more good serves and it's one apiece early in this second set.
- - FISH 6-2 - SET! Fish holds nice and easy and he follows that up in style, bossing the next game and blasting a return away from Lopez that brings up set point. Taken as Lopez double-faults. Awful end to the set for the Spaniard.
- - FISH 4-2 - BREAK! A challenge from Lopez fails as Fish's half-volley kissed the line! And the American breaks as Lopez puts one wide. In a flash Lopez's good work is undone.
- - FISH 3-2 - Great athleticism from both men on a rally that Lopez shades to bring up deuce on Fish's serve. Lopez has a break point too but Fish is able to save it and hold. A tough one for the American.
- - FISH 2-2 - This match has gone with serve so far but both men have made some great saves on serve, Lopez in particular defending well to prevent an early break. The points and games are long and, until one or both men tire, I can see this pattern continuing as they have great reserves of will.
- - All is not lost for the Americans though - in addition to Sam Querrey, they have Mardy Fish about to start on Centre Court. The 10th seed faces Feliciano Lopez. Fish leads the head-to-head 4-3.
|Date of Birth||09/12/1981|
|Date of Birth||20/09/1981|