|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 4-6 - MATCH! Every point brings a scream, and a 140mph ace down the line is symbolic of just how much the tide has turned. With three match points it looks like the game is at his mercy, but the victory is delayed as he puts a smash out of court.No matter - his next serve is unreturnable! Excellent comeback victory and the winner of Federer's clash with Fish will await him in the semis!
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 4-5 - The Canadian does the first part of the job - holding his serve to 30. He now has to pressure Wawrinka and see if he can prevent the Swiss from serving out for the match.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 3-5 - Raonic needed a break - and after a scrappy few points he gets a chance on a second serve at 30-40. Wawrinka serves big and just in, screaming with delight as his forehand sails in. Raonic gets another chance and spurns that too, swinging a forehand into the net. Wawrinka living dangerously, but coming through to hold, and he's now just one game away from the semi-finals.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 3-4 - Raonic keeps in touch by holding to 30, finishing the game with a tasty overhead from the back of the court following a backhand lob which Wawrinka had done well just to keep in play.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 2-4 - Wawrinka really didn't look as if he had a hope of winning this match, but his performance has been a triumph to perseverance. His ball-striking has improved during the match as well, and now he's the one, serving out with confidence - this time to 15. Raonic needs a break in the next two service games or he's bowing out.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 2-3 - Canada haven't had a major tennis star in modern times, so hopes are high for Raonic. But he is a rough diamond and showing his weaknesses here. A double fault very nearly lets Wawrinka in at deuce, and while Raonic holds, he does remain a break down.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 1-3 - Chink of light for Raonic as he pulls out a 15-30 lead, but an inspired backhand from Wawrinka, allied to a backhand error from the Canadian, turns the game on its head. Wawrinka holds as his opponent blasts a forehand long. The errors starting to undermine his game now.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 1-2 - BREAK! Raonic looks a little shocked as a simple smash catches the frame of the racquet and loops up and out. It gives Wawrinka just a chance at 30-30 and he then earns his first break point of the match. Raonic hands it to him, lashing a forehand into the top of the net, and wincing as it falls back on to his side of the court.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 1-1 - Nicely done by Wawrinka. No break of serve now since the first set, and scarcely a sniff of a chance. These two have spent less than 90 minutes on court, so both should be fresh.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) 1-0 - Raonic gets going in the third set with an impressive hold to 15, and the serve looking as big as ever. The Canadian has not let the disappointment of losing the tie-break roll over into the next battle. The question is whether Wawrinka can match the standards he set in the second.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-7(5) - There's the reply from Wawrinka - finally he threads a backhand pass down the line and beyond Raonic. It wipes out the mini-break, and an ace on his own serve, followed by another point puts him in front at 5-4, and when Raonic swipes a backhand wide, the set points come for the Swiss. Raonic hits a service winner to cut the arrears at 6-5, but behind his own serve he does not miss out. We will have a decider!
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-6(4-2) - Early mini-break goes the way of Wawrinka, but a rare extended baseline exchange goes Raonic's way to level at 2-2, and it looks like the same has happened the very next point until Wawrinka challenges the line call correctly. But Raonic wins the point again, and follows with a second serve that gets him to the change of ends ahead.
- - RAONIC 6-2 6-6 - No mistakes from Raonic, who makes sure we go to a breaker after holding to 30. The stats favour the Canadian here - he's won 19 and lost 12 this year, while Wawrinka is just 5-12 by comparison,
- - RAONIC 6-2 5-6 - Well, if you can't break him, perhaps you can tie-break him. Wawrinka will at least have a look at the Canadian in the breaker. Meanwhile news filters through from across the complex that Serena Williams has bowed out of the tournament to Angelique Kerber. A shock loss - and a reminder that you can watch the women's tournament on Eurosport and via the Eurosport Player. Link
- - RAONIC 6-2 5-5 - What a chance for Wawrinka! A couple of loose groundstrokes from Raonic let the Swiss in at 30-30, and after an impressive rally the Swiss has a running backhand down the line to earn a break point... but he nets. A look to the skies before he plays the next point, which Raonic seals with a delicate backhand volley to level once more.
- - RAONIC 6-2 4-5 - The Swiss knows that a mistake on serve could well signal the end of the match, and avoids one to keep in front in the second set. In fact, after a disappointing opener, the Swiss has rebounded well, even if he has yet to earn a break point.
- - RAONIC 6-2 4-4 - A series of unreadable serves for Raonic. Even when the pace is down - the last is timed at 111mph - Wawrinka is unable to cope with a serve aimed right at the body. It would certainly be fascinating to see how a Raonic in this kind of mood would get on against Federer - that could be his semi-final result depending on how the quarter-finals play out.
- - RAONIC 6-2 3-4 - Just as if it looks like the pressure might be telling on the Swiss, he fires a forehand low across the court to level the game up at 30-30. A poor backhand from Raonic - it is a weakness of his - lets Wawrinka move to game point, and the same error costs the Canadian the game.
- - RAONIC 6-2 3-3 - Wawrinka trudges from one side of the court to the other, a point worse off every time, looking thoroughly frustrated. Raonic just too powerful.
- - RAONIC 6-2 2-3 - Just the second ace of the match for Wawrinka, but a welcome one for the Swiss, who keeps his nose in front in the set.
- - RAONIC 6-2 2-2 - Ace, ace, ace takes Raonic to 40-0. He cannot complete the set, but he does hold with ease. How is Wawrinka going to make any impression against it?
- - RAONIC 6-2 1-2 - The Swiss is having to work hard to get through his own service games, let alone make an impression on the Raonic serve. Pegged back to deuce, he places a backhand volley into the corner, before holding with a forehand down the line.
- - RAONIC 6-2 1-1 - Applause and whooping for Raonic as he opens this game with a 141mph ace. Ace number six follows, and though Wawrinka claws a couple of points back through errors from Raonic, it's a comfortable hold.
- - RAONIC 6-2 0-1 - Wawrinka needs a good start to the second set or he could find that the encounter is over before it's really begun. He has a chance to close out the game but Raonic forces deuce by coming to the net and denying the Swiss the room to pass him. A terrific return gives Raonic hope, but on this occasion Wawrinka holds on.
- - RAONIC 6-2 - SET! When Raonic lands his first serve, he's won 13 of 14 points contested. Wawrinka gets on the scoreboard courtesy of a double fault, but that's as good as it gets. Two set points for Raonic, which he takes by following a second serve up with a forehand down the line from the middle of the court.
- - RAONIC 5-2 - BREAK! Timid - very timid - from Wawrinka. Raonic gets the double-break in the first set with the Swiss' first serve percentage down at a lowly 46%. Now armed with new tennis balls, the Canadian will serve out for the set.
- - RAONIC 4-2 - Raonic has just broken into the top 20 for the first time in his career, and with a forehand from the baseline that thunders straight past Wawrinka, you can see how. Holds to fifteen, finishing with an ace down the middle.
- - RAONIC 3-2 - Solid service game from Wawrinka - his best of the match so far - and he's through the game in a trice.
- - RAONIC 3-1 - A big serve and a powerful forehand - a simple combination, but a very effective one for Raonic. Wawrinka having to block the ball back into play rather than attack, and although he manages to take the game to deuce, he doesn't get a look at a break point.
- - RAONIC 2-1 - BREAK! Nobody yet taking control of the match, which allows Raonic in at 40-30 down with a ripping forehand on the run. Break point follows, and the young Canadian takes it when Wawrinka limply double faults. Gift.
- - RAONIC 1-1 - An iffy start to his service game, but having laboured to second serve at 30-30, Raonic fires two aces in a row to level things up.
- - RAONIC 0-1 - Wawrinka starts with an ace on his serve, but it's a patchy opening from the Swiss number two, who slips to break point down before he knows it. With some strong forehands he saves that, and comes through to hold. If Raonic's serve is firing, that hold will be crucial.
- - Wawrinka and Raonic have never met on the tour before, so this will be a new test for both players. The winner of this one will meet either Roger Federer or Mardy Fish for a place in the final. Drawsheet
- - These two have seen their quarter-final delayed a little by the conclusion of Venus Williams' match with Sam Stosur, which the American won to the delight of the home crowd. A reminder that you can follow the women's action in Cincinnati on the Eurosport Player. Link here
- - Hello and welcome to live text commentary from Cincinnati, where Milos Raonic takes on Stanislas Wawrinka for a place in the semi-finals.
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|