No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- ZHENG 6-3 6-1 –GAME SET MATCH! Zheng races to 40-0 with some heavy serving to bring up three match points and Rybarikova hits a slice long to give the Chinese victory. She faces a stiffer task next in the form of Victoria Azarenka. Women's draw
- ZHENG 6-3 5-1 – BREAK! Zheng gains two break points and Rybarikova hits long and the Chinese will serve for the match.
- ZHENG 6-3 4-1 – Zheng easily holds to love and is now two games away.
- ZHENG 6-3 3-1 – BREAK! A fluffed Rybarikova drop shot is followed by a stunning Zheng pass. Is that the crucial break?
- ZHENG 6-3 2-1 – A stunning backhand winner up the line gives Zheng game point but she hits wide as the game goes to deuce. Rybarikova hits long to concede the game.
- ZHENG 6-3 1-1 – Rybarikova digs deep to hold to 30.
- ZHENG 6-3 1-0 – Rybarikova squanders a break point at 30-40 as Zheng holds on.
- ZHENG 6-3 – SET! The Chinese breaks to love as Rybarikova hits a horrible smash that first bounces on her own side of the net.
- ZHENG 5-3 – Zheng is in trouble at 15-30 but she rallies to take the game and is a game away from the set.
- ZHENG 4-3 – Rybarikova serves out to love to put the pressure back on Zheng.
- ZHENG 4-2 –Zheng holds on in another tight game to consolidate the break to 30.
- ZHENG 3-2 – BREAK! Zheng converts her third break point to move ahead in the opening set.
- ZHENG 2-2 – Zheng staves off two break points to come through a long deuce game.
- ZHENG 1-2 – Zheng misses an easy winner on the opening point and Rybarikova races to 40-15. She hits wide to give Zheng a look but the Chinese repays the compliment.
- ZHENG 1-1 – Rybarikova nets a backhand and then hits long as Zheng gets the early lead. The Chinese then nets a forehand but the net comes to her rescue as her shot trickles over for a winner. A lovely drop shot pulls Rybarikova to deuce but she hoists a lob long. Rybarikova pulls it to deuce again but she nets to give the Chinese her first game.
- ZHENG 0-1 - Zheng blasts a forehand winner to win the opening point but Rybarikova responds with a deft volley. Zheng nets but Rybarikova hits wide in a tense opening. A big serve comes to Rybarikova’s rescue and Zheng hits an attempted pass wide.
- Out on court 13, an interesting clash sees 28th seed Jie Zheng facing Magdelena Rybarikova. Rybarikova leads 2-0 in their head-to-head. Rybarikova won the toss and will serve.
|Date of Birth||04/10/1988|
|Date of Birth||05/07/1983|