No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- SAFAROVA 4-6 6-7 – GAME SET MATCH! Signs of nerves as Safarova twice hits long to go 0-40 down. She saves the first with a big backhand and the second with a crosscourt forehand but throws in a double fault to lose in the worst possible way. Petrova now faces Maria Sharapova in the fourth round. Women's draw
- SAFAROVA 4-6 6-5 – Petrova races through a quick hold and Safarova must serve to stay in the tournament.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 5-5 – Safarova looks to be cruising at 40-0 but finally closes out the game to 30 with an ace.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 4-5 – Petrova hooks an ugly looking forehand wide as the game goes to 30-30 but an ace gives her game point. She misses an easy smash but Safarova nets and the game is hers.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 4-4 – BREAK! Safarova inexplicably hits long with the court at her mercy to go 15-30 down on serve but makes amends with an ace before Petrova hits long. The Russian pulls it back to deuce but again hits long. Safarova nets to concede another break point and the Russian hits a winner to again get on terms.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 4-3 – BREAK! Safarova ramps up the pressure to get to 0-30 and earns two break points. Petrova saves the first but hits long to concede the break.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 3-3 – Safarova nets on the opening point as Petrova clenches her fist. A double fault puts the Czech further in trouble but Petrova hits long and Safarova finds an ace when she needs it to level matters. Safarova finds a winner and Petrova hits long as the Czech gets out of a hole.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 2-3 – Petrova holds to 30 in another close game.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 2-2 – Safarova starts with a big forehand winner and takes the game as Petrova nets a serve.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 1-2 – yet another close game goes to 30 but Petrova holds.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 1-1 – Petrova hits long as Safarova holds to 30.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 0-1 – Petrova wins a tight opening game to 30.
- SAFAROVA 4-6 – SET! Safarova in trouble on serve at 30-40 as she hits wide to concede a set point. She saves the first but hits long on the second to give Petrova the set.
- SAFAROVA 4-5 – Petrova stops the rot with a hold to 15.
- SAFAROVA 4-4 – Some lovely shot making from Safarova and she is back on level terms with a hold to 15.
- SAFAROVA 3-4 – BREAK! Safarova forces two break points and the game is back on serve as Petrova double faults!
- SAFAROVA 2-4 – Safarova crunches an ace up the tee en route to a love hold.
- SAFAROVA 1-4 – Safarova wins the opening point but Petrova produces a couple of big serves, including an ace, to hold to 15.
- SAFAROVA 1-3 – Safarova hits her first ace to move ahead 30-15 and another big serve followed by a Petrova error gets her on the scoreboard.
- SAFAROVA 0-3 – Petrova all over Safarova early on and she holds to 15 as the Czech hits long.
- SAFAROVA 0-2 – BREAK! Another tight game and Petrova converts with her first break point.
- Even though Safarova is the 15th seed, Petrova leads the head-to-head 4-1 including their last meeting in Montreal.
- SAFAROVA 0-1 - Petrova hits wide to go behind in her opening service game but recovers with an ace to hold.
|Date of Birth||08/06/1982|
|Date of Birth||04/02/1987|