|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4 6-2 - Game Set & Match. Stephens sets up two match points and seals it with a thunderous forehand winner. The American comes through a tough match to set up a third round match against Ana Ivanovic.
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4 5-2 - Malek holds and Stephens has the chance to wrap it up on her serve.
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4 5-1 - Malek does her best to break back but Stephens is in the ascendancy now. She has all the time in the world to secure the win on the Louis Armstrong.
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4 4-1 - DOUBLE BREAK RESTORED! Stephens calms the fears in her camp by breaking back straight away. She remains a double break up in the third set. Surely she can't throw it away from here.
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4 3-1 - BREAK! Perhaps Malek isn't finished after all. She stops the rot by breaking back. She's still a break behind though.
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4 3-0 - DOUBLE BREAK! Stephens takes complete control of this one, taking the second of two break points. Malek has fallen apart after that epic game midway through the second set, and Stephens is on her way to victory. Six successive games for Stephens.
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4 2-0 - Stephens holds and has turned her fortunes around. She's in control now.
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4 1-0 - BREAK! Another game goes to the wire and again Stephens comes out on top. This is a real test of Malek's resolve now early in the final set.
- STEPHENS 5-7 6-4- SET! Stephens wins a titanic second set which has seen a superb standard of tennis. Malek started to show her frustration, and Stephens seems to be growing in confidence. Deciding set coming up.
- STEPHENS 5-7 5-4 - BREAK! Malek hammers her racket into the ground as she concedes two break points. Stephens takes the first of them as she comes to the net and drives a winner down the line. Stephens will serve for the set.
- STEPHENS 5-7 4-4 - Stephens misses an easy volley at the net but she doesn't let it get to her, as she sees out a more routine service game than her last one.
- STEPHENS 5-7 3-4 - After serving her way through that marathon game, Malek puts her back in to serve very swiftly with a solid hold.
- STEPHENS 5-7 3-3 - Epic game that lasts almost 15 minutes. Malek has three break points but is unable to finish the game off and, as both players fight it out, Stephens fights through and eventually makes another tough hold.
- STEPHENS 5-7 2-3 - Malek produces her second love service game of this set to put the pressure back on Stephens.
- STEPHENS 5-7 2-2 - A hold apiece and Stephens has steadied the ship for now.
- STEPHENS 5-7 1-1 - Stephens volleys herself to advantage before earning a morale-boosting hold.
- STEPHENS 5-7 0-1 - The American is struggling a little here. Malek serves out a confident opening game in this second set.
- STEPHENS 5-7 - Malek gets herself a set point, but Stephens shows patience to win a long rally to save it. But a wild forehand gives Malek a second - and she takes it.
- STEPHENS 5-6 - Stephens is embroiled in a dispute with the umpire over a challenge and she seems preoccupied with that as she leaves the door open for Malek to hold service. Stephens needs to hold to force a tie break.
- STEPHENS 5-5 - BREAK! Malek goes 15-40 up and clinches the break back at the second time of asking. Impossible to call, this first set.
- STEPHEN 5-4 - Malek holds but now Stephens will serve for the opening set.
- STEPHENS 5-3 - Stephens holds but Malek had a great chance to gain advantage, but could only find the cord with her attempted winner down the line. Stephens dusted herself down and clinched the game. Has Malek's chance gone?
- STEPHENS 4-3 - BREAK! Stephens recovers from 40-0 down to force deuce. She gets two break points and seizes the second of them to re-establish her break.
- STEPHENS 3-3 - BREAK! Malek produces some big shots to break back immediately. A real ding dong battle between these two so far.
- STEPHENS 3-2 - BREAK! Stephens seizes the second of her two break points to move ahead. Some tough rallies between these two.
- STEPHENS 2-2 - Stephens produces an outstanding passing shot to force deuce after Malek had given herself a break point. But Stephens battles back to hold.
- STEPHENS 1-2 - A strong start by both players as we remain on serve here.
|Date of Birth||20/03/1993|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1987|