|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - AZARENKA 6-0 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Imperious Azarenka seals victory with the loss of just one game. That was a sensational performance, admittedly against poor opposition, but nevertheless Serena beware! Women's draw
- - AZARENKA 6-0 5-1 - Azarenka moves to within a game of the second round with another held service game. And now Panova has to serve to stay in the match.
- - AZARENKA 6-0 4-1 - BREAK! Azarenka misses a break point opportunity for the first time this match but a sensational backhand winner gives her another chance and this time she makes no mistake.
- - AZARENKA 6-0 3-1 - BREAK! Azarenka runs back out onto court from her chair but she starts the game slowly and a couple of double faults help bring up three break points. And there goes the double bagel as Panova takes advantage of another double fault to finally get on the board!
- - AZARENKA 6-0 3-0 - A couple of double faults don't help Panova here as Azarenka breaks to love, finishing things off with a powerful forehand winner. Unstoppable.
- - AZARENKA 6-0 2-0 - Another game, another step towards victory for Azarenka. Although at least this time, Panova managed to win two points... still, she's headed for a double bagel.
- - AZARENKA 6-0 1-0 - BREAK! Wow, Azarenka's power is simply awesome. She breaks again - to love - and Panova has now won just five points all match. This is about as comprehensive as you can get.
- - AZARENKA 6-0 - SET! Rather aptly, considering this is New York, Azarenka serves up a bagel in the opening set. Comprehensive stuff from the Belarusian - that took just 20 minutes - and Panova doesn't really have any idea how to cope with this.
- - AZARENKA 5-0 - BREAK! Azarenka's wailing is piercing the relative quiet of the New York night - there aren't that many in the stadium to rival her, which is disappointing really, on the first night of a Grand Slam event.
- - AZARENKA 3-0 - BREAK! Azarenka is threatening to run away with this one. Another break and she's already three games to the good.
- - AZARENKA 1-0 - BREAK! The world number one doesn't waste any time in gaining the upper hand - she breaks in the first game of the match.
- - AZARENKA 0-0 - Belarusian Victoria Azarenka will receive first in her opening match against Alexandra Panova of Russia.
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|
|Date of Birth||02/03/1989|