No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 7-6 6-4 6-1 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Tomas Berdych wins through to the quarter-finals of the US Open with a very comfortable straight-sets win over Nicolas Almagro, and the sixth seed is jubilant as he closes it out with a break of serve! He will next take on Roger Federer who, as mentioned earlier, was handed a walkover as a result of Mardy Fish's withdrawal due to a heart problem. Men's drawsheet
- - BERDYCH 7-6 6-4 5-1 - Berdych moves to within a game of victory and a place in the quarter-finals as he drills a forehand cross court and follows it up with two big serves. Can Almagro at least hold to make him serve out for the win?
- - BERDYCH 7-6 6-4 4-1 - Almagro finally and belatedly gets on the board in this third set with a solid hold, but Berdych eases off and clearly believes that he is through now. Can the Spaniard do anything on Berdych's serve now?
- - BERDYCH 7-6 6-4 4-0 - Berdych again consolidates the break of serve, and he establishes a four-game cushion in the process. The Czech sixth seed moves into a very commanding lead in this third set, and is now just two games from the quarter-finals.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 6-4 3-0 - BREAK! It's all falling apart now for Almagro, who is broken for a second successive game in this third set as he slips further behind the sixth seed! Berdych clenches his fist in delight, and he knows he is closing in now.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 6-4 2-0 - Berdych has no problem at all in consolidating his break of serve to open up a two-game lead in this third set, and Almagro must raise his intensity significantly if he is to haul himself back into this match.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 6-4 1-0 - BREAK! What a start to the third set from Berdych, who ruthlessly breaks Almagro's serve with a blistering forehand down the line the highlight of the game. He looks to be in complete control of this match now.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 6-4 - SET! Berdych is unwavering as he closes out the second set with the utmost efficiency, and Almagro is furious with himself as he plants a forehand wide, desperately attempting to haul himself back into it.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 5-4 - Almagro forces Berdych to serve out for the match as he holds serve to 30, and the Spaniard is really giving this everything as he attempts to stay in contention in the second set.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 5-3 - Berdych consolidates his break of serve to lead 5-3 in this second set, and Almagro is not able to hit back as the Czech further stamps his authority on the match.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 4-3 - BREAK! Berdych seizes control of the set as he breaks Almagro, and the sixth seed finds two big forehand winners to ensure that the Spaniard is not able to resist under pressure.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 3-3 - Berdych is utterly efficient and clinical as he holds once more to level at 3-3, and he clenches his fist in delight and determination. This second set is very finely poised.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 2-3 - Almagro is battling exceptionally hard to remain in front in this set, and he holds to lead 3-2 with a flat forehand cross court giving him the game.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 2-2 - Berdych will not be dictated to in this second set as he holds in very determined fashion to level at 2-2, and he is very fired up as he keeps pace with the 11th seed.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 1-2 - Almagro drives a forehand down the line and promptly flashes another cross court as he outfoxes Berdych from the back of the court and holds serve.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 1-1 - Berdych levels at the start of this second set, and he looks no less impressive on his serve as he produces his 12th ace down the T. His first serve percentage is 67 with Almagro's down at 49.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 0-1 - Almagro leads the way in the second set as he responds to losing the tie-break with a composed hold, and Berdych is not able to exert his authority.
- - BERDYCH 7-6 (4) - SET! Berdych is utterly commanding as he takes the opening set on the tie-break, and he does not allow Almagro to settle as he takes control from the back of the court. The sixth seed is looking very good now.
- - BERDYCH 6-6 (4-1) - Berdych seizes the initiative in the opening set breaker as he drives a backhand down the line which Almagro cannot retrieve. The Czech is commanding on serve, and leads by three points.
- - BERDYCH 6-6 - Berdych finds the line with a booming forehand return, but he cannot threaten a break of serve as Almagro closes out the hold and takes this opening set into a breaker.
- - BERDYCH 6-5 - It's easy going for Berdych as three big first serves ensure that he takes the game comfortably, and there is nothing Almagro can do. Can he now hold and take it into a tie-break?
- - BERDYCH 5-5 - Almagro forces Berdych onto the back foot as the Czech searches for the elusive break of serve, and the Spaniard holds to level at 5-5 in this opening set.
- - BERDYCH 5-4 - Berdych continues to lead from the front in this match, and he exerts his authority with a stunning forehand cross court. Almagro misses a simple forehand return, and loses the game.
- - BERDYCH 4-4 - Almagro comes through a pretty tough service game as Berdych finds the line with a breathtaking forehand winner, but the Spaniard still manages to hold serve.
- - BERDYCH 4-3 - It's a hugely emphatic hold from Berdych, who does not lose a single point as he rounds it off with a big ace outwide! Almagro is helpless as he sees his opponent hold very comfortably.
- - BERDYCH 3-3 - Almagro is not entirely convincing on serve as he hits two big first deliveries down the T to leave Berdych helpless, but then struggles to close out the game. He eventually levels at 3-3.
- - BERDYCH 3-2 - Berdych holds with consummate ease once more as he bludgeons a huge serve down the T, and he closes out the hold with a forehand cross court to ensure that Almagro cannot get a foothold in the game.
- - BERDYCH 2-2 - Almagro slams a forehand down the line as Berdych looks to come in court and apply some pressure from the net, and the Spaniard ends up closing out the game to 15.
- - BERDYCH 2-1 - The big-serving Czech looks very comfortable early on, and he finds three first deliveries as he holds to 15 and establishes a 2-1 lead with serve in this opening set.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - Berdych drills a forehand down the line to find an emphatic winner, but Almagro comes through to hold with relative ease as he levels at 1-1.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - Berdych holds at the start of the opening set with a solid hold to get going, and the Czech will now look to attack Almagro's delivery at the start of this match.
- - Meanwhile, over on Louis Armstrong, sixth seed Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic takes on Spain's 11th seed Nicolas Almagro in their fourth-round encounter.
|Date of Birth||21/08/1985|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|