|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - CILIC 7-5 6-4 6-0 - CILIC IS THROUGH! After a few hairy moments in the second set, Cilic wins 10 games on the bounce to claim a bagel in the third and win through to the quarter-finals with relative ease as Klizan is unable to match his intensity or firepower. Cilic will next take on either Britain's Andy Murray or Milos Raonic of Canada, who are in action in the night session on Arthur Ashe! Men's drawsheet
- - CILIC 7-5 6-4 5-0 - Cilic again holds serve with consummate ease, and he is just a game away from victory and a place in the quarter-finals now. Can Klizan at least force him to serve out for the match?
- - CILIC 7-5 6-4 4-0 - BREAK! It's all one-way now as Cilic breaks for a second successive game and Klizan is really struggling to stay with the Croat now. Cilic claims his eight game on the bounce!
- - CILIC 7-5 6-4 3-0 - Cilic swiftly moves into a three-game lead in the third set as he finds three big serves to follow up his break with a service hold. Is there any way back for Klizan now?
- - CILIC 7-5 6-4 2-0 - BREAK! Cilic stamps his authority on the third set with a brilliant break of serve, and he produces two big forehands to close out the game in style. Klizan is battling hard, but being outclassed at the moment.
- - CILIC 7-5 6-4 1-0 - Cilic is unstoppable at the moment as he holds at the start of the third set to get going once more, and his run continues - that's now his fifth game in succession.
- - CILIC 7-5 6-4 - SET! What a turnaround at the end of the second set as Cilic manages to recover from a break down to win four games on the bounce to take it 6-4! Klizan looks stunned as he walks to his chair, and the Croat is now two sets up and cruising!
- - CILIC 7-5 5-4 - A comfortable service hold to 15 gives Cilic the lead after having been behind for the entirety of the set so far, and the Croat is thriving at just the right time!
- - CILIC 7-5 4-4 - BREAK! Cilic gets back on terms in this second set with a brilliant break of serve as Klizan's serve is taken apart, and the Croat is suddenly looking to have all the momentum!
- - CILIC 7-5 3-4 - Cilic reduces the deficit once more, and he is very focused indeed as he produces a clinical service hold and sets about attempting to break back.
- - CILIC 7-5 2-4 - Klizan drills a forehand down the line to back up a big second serve, and he finds three first serves to ensure that he is able to hold once more.
- - CILIC 7-5 2-3 - Cilic reduces the deficit with a very convincing hold to 15, and the Croat is managing to keep pace with his opponent very comfortably at the moment after having fallen a break down.
- - CILIC 7-5 1-3 - Klizan restores his two-game cushion with a forehand cross court which leaves Cilic stretching helplessly behind the baseline. The Slovakian continues to look very composed as he leads the way in this second set.
- - CILIC 7-5 1-2 - Cilic belatedly gets on the board in this second set as he finds an ace down the T and manages to keep Klizan pegged firmly back behind the baseline.
- - CILIC 7-5 0-2 - Klizan moves two games up in the second set as he consolidates his break of serve, and the Slovakian is thriving now with Cilic having a lot of work to do.
- - CILIC 7-5 0-1 - BREAK! Klizan shows superb resilience as he responds to losing the opening set at the death with a break at the start of the second! He takes full advantage of some sloppy play from Cilic, and has the advantage.
- - CILIC 7-5 - SET! Cilic breaks ruthlessly to steal the opening set in clinical fashion, and the Croat stamps his authority on the match as he takes it 7-5 with a last-gasp assault on the Klizan serve!
- - CILIC 6-5 - Cilic moves back in front as he moves in court to vary his approach, volleying twice at the net to close out the game. Klizan will now need to hold under pressure once more.
- - CILIC 5-5 - Klizan levels at 5-5 with a series of powerful groundstrokes from the back of the court, and the Slovakian is managing to keep pace with his Cilic on serve.
- - CILIC 5-4 - The 12th seed is unerring as he finds three first serves which leave Klizan unable to find a decent return, and he can now attack Klizan's delivery at the business end of this set.
- - CILIC 4-4 - Klizan levels up the opening set courtesy of a fierce forehand cross court, and the Slovakian is staying with his opponent, serving with real precision and aggression.
- - CILIC 4-3 - Cilic moves ahead once more as the Croat hits two big serves outwide and manages to keep Klizan pegged firmly back behind the baseline. The 12th seed is very consistent, and gives nothing away.
- - CILIC 3-3 - Klizan is very composed indeed as he responds to watching a fierce forehand flash past him from Cilic by finding the line with two brilliant groundstrokes. He levels at 3-3.
- - CILIC 3-2 - There is nothing between the two players as each holds serve comfortably at the start of this opening set, and Cilic holds to love with a superb string of serves!
- - CILIC 2-2 - Klizan creams a backhand down the line and moves in court to volley behind his first serve as he levels at 2-2 in confident fashion.
- - CILIC 2-1 - Cilic is under the cosh at 0-30, but he comes through with a flurry of big serves to ensure that Klizan cannot force the issue and put him under further pressure. He holds with relative ease in the end.
- - CILIC 1-1 - Klizan also gets on the board straight away as he finds a big serve down the T, with Cilic going wide with an attempted backhand passing shot to give his opponent the game.
- - CILIC 1-0 - Marin Cilic gets off to a very solid start as he drills a forehand down the line and backs it up with two big serves. The Croat is on the board with the early hold.
- - The pair have yet to face each other on Tour, with Klizan ranked at number 52, while Cilic is currently 13th in the world. The Croat reached the quarter-finals in 2009 after beating Andy Murray, before losing to Juan Martin Del Potro.
- - Next up on Louis Armstrong, Marin Cilic - the 12th seed - takes on Martin Klizan of Slovakia in their fourth-round match.
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||11/07/1989|