No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FISH 7-6(3) 7-6(2) 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Fish brings up three break - and match - points and while he wastes the first, Soeda goes into the net on the second and the American progresses into the second round! Men's draw
- - FISH 7-6(3) 7-6(2) 5-3 - Fish is still that break up and at the moment it looks like that will be enough for him to claim victory. The American is one game away from the second round now.
- - FISH 7-6(3) 7-6(2) 1-0 - BREAK! Fish continues where he left off and the American races to 40-0 - and three break points. He wastes two of them with wayward shots, but then on the third, Soeda reaches to get a Fish drop shot and can only send the ball out.
- - FISH 7-6(3) 7-6(2) - SET! Just as with the first set, Fish ups his game when it matters and it's the American who again wins the tie-breaker, closing it out with an ace to move two sets clear!
- - FISH 7-6(3) 6-6 - Soeda keeps alive in this set and we're heading towards a second tie-break after Fish hits one long on game point for the Japanese.
- - FISH 7-6(3) 6-5 - But Fish finds some composure under pressure as he eases to a 40-0 lead thanks to a textbook serve and volley before holding to love and moving to within a game of the second set.
- - FISH 7-6(3) 5-5 - Soeda's right back in this one now! Great turnaround from the Japanese as Fish shows signs of weakness. He breaks back before consolidating that with a hold to level things up at 5-5!
- - FISH 7-6(3) 4-2 - BREAK! Fish hits back straight away, breaking once again to open up that two-game advantage. You get the feeling that was Soeda's chance and he's wasted it...
- - FISH 7-6(3) 3-2 - BREAK! Soeda manages to hold for the first time this set and Fish then wobbles on his own serve as he drops to 15-40. He saves both break points but a point later the Japanese gets another chance - and this time he takes it! Back on serve now in the second set.
- - FISH 7-6(3) 3-0 - Fish has seemingly moved up a gear in this second set and the American finds himself three games to the good after an early break of Soeda's serve.
- - FISH 7-6(3) - SET - It's all fairly comfortable for Fish as he eases through the opening set breaker 7-3. The American is doing enough to get through so far and nothing more, while definitely giving the impression that he has plenty left in the tank.
- - FISH 3-3 - So far so good for Fish as he comfortably keeps things on serve in the first six games of the match against Soeda. Definitely a feeling of these two players just feeling each other out, checking their games and seeing how they match up against their opponent
- - Coming up next on Louis Armstrong is American 23rd seed Mardy Fish against Japan's Go Soeda. The two players are on court and are just going through their warm-up as they prepare to face each other for the first time
|Date of Birth||09/12/1981|
|Date of Birth||05/09/1984|