No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- GOFFIN 5-7 3-6 3-6 - GAME SET & MATCH! Berdych wins with an impressive victory over a spirited opponent. Goffin goes long and Berdych will be relieved to be through a tough first round match. But Goffin won just two of his 18 break points, and his inability to convert those into more breaks of the Berdych serve has ultimately cost him here.
- GOFFIN 5-7 3-6 3-5 - Berdych holds to move to within a game of victory. Goffin has battled well, but finds himself serving to stay in the tournament.
- GOFFIN 5-7 3-6 3-4 BREAK! Has Berdych finally tamed Goffin? He hangs on for a crucial break that takes him to within two games of victory.
- GOFFIN 5-7 3-6 3-2 - Goffin finds himself 0-30 down but displays more of that tenacity to claw his way back. Holds serve, but you get the feeling Berdych has this under control.
- GOFFIN 5-7 3-6 2-2 BREAK! Perhaps all is not lost for Goffin as he shows some fight to break Berdych again. Just a reminder that Berdych will have to work hard for this win.
- GOFFIN 5-7 3-6 1-2 - BREAK! This could be the final nail in the Goffin. Berdych gets the break at the third time of asking and the Czech is closing in on a straight sets victory.
- GOFFIN 5-7 3-6 - SET! It's all falling apart for Goffin as Berdych steps it up a gear. Goffin had his chances early on but, at two sets own, it's a long road back.
- GOFFIN 5-7 2-2 - Goffin is starting to look weary but battles his way through another deuce to maintain parity in the second set.
- GOFFIN 5-7 0-1 - Berdych starts the second set very sluggishly indeed, slipping to a 0-40 deficit and looking likely to be broken straight after securing the opening set. But the Czech claws his way back into the game to make an unlikely hold.
- GOFFIN 5-7 - BREAK AND FIRST SET! Berdych steps his game up at the vital time as Goffin goes long with his forehand and allows Berdych to clinch the second of three set points.
- GOFFIN 5-6 - Berdych sneaks ahead after another tight game. Goffin serving to stay in this first set now.
- GOFFIN 4-4 - Goffin makes a vital hold as he claws his way back into the first set having been broken. Berdych is being pushed to the limit every single game and this first set still oul go either way.
- GOFFIN 3-4 - BREAK! Goffin is a tenacious little fella. He hits back immediately to break the serve of Berdych, who has looked a little off the pace it must be said. Very inconsistent stuff so far from the sixth seed.
- GOFFIN 2-4 - BREAK! A breakthrough for Berdych, who finally earns himself a break point on the Goffin serve with a measured forehand winner. The Belgian saves the first one but Berdych gets himself another - and takes it.
-- - GOFFIN 2-3 - A real tussle on the Louis Armstrong court as Goffin pushes Berdych to deuce on his serve yet again. But the Belgian so far doesn't have a break to show for it. Still on serve.
-- - GOFFIN 1-1 - Goffin comes out on top this time after another tight game. These two are pushing each other to the limit with some thunderous baseline efforts.
-- - GOFFIN 0-1 - Berdych opens with a hold of serve but, boy, did he have to work for it. Goffin pushed the Czech to several deuces but he eventually holds serve. Quite a battle out there already.
|Date of Birth||07/12/1990|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|