|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-6 6-7 - GAME SET & MATCH! Ferrer takes it on the tie break. The crucial moment was a simple volley that Anderson dropped into the net, handing Ferrer a 4-1 lead. Ferrer wraps up the third of five match points to move into the second round.
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-6 6-6 - Tie break. And so the third set will be decided on a tie break...
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-6 5-5 - Ferrer saves three set points. Anderson puts himself into a great position but Ferrer aces his way out of trouble and then forces Anderson to bury a couple of efforts into the net before completing his escape. Still all square in the third set, but what a missed opportunity for Anderson.
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-6 3-2 - Still on serve as Anderson recovers from 0-30 to hold. Ferrer asking the questions but Anderson serving big and keeping him at bay in this third set.
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-6 2-1 - It's a solid hold by Anderson in the end, as Ferrer was threatening another break. Anderson records a serve of 127mph as he keeps himself in the third set.
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-6 - FERRER TAKES THE SECOND SET! It's a long way back for Anderson now as Ferrer holds to take the second set.
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-5 - FERRER BREAKS! Anderson is unable to prevent the double break as Ferrer displays fantastic athleticism to retrieve every lost cause, despite the New York heat. Anderson has no answers - and Ferrer will serve for a two-set lead.
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-4 - Ferrer follows his break with a love service game. Anderson's spirit looks broken here.
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-3 - FERRER BREAKS! Just as Anderson was starting to look like a threat on the Ferrer serve, Ferrer attacks Anderson on his and forces Anderson to concede his service game. Ferrer a set and a break up now.
- ANDERSON 4-6 2-1 - Still on serve as Anderson underlines his serving quality with a storming hold. Anderson looking the more likely to break at the moment.
- ANDERSON 4-6 1-1 - Anderson has a glimmer at 0-30 but Ferrer produces his first ace of the game to draw himself level. Anderson looks to force deuce, but his volley at the net drifts long - and Ferrer holds.
- ANDERSON 4-6 1-0 - Anderson takes some of his frustration of the first set out in the opening game of the second, acing his way to a love service game.
- ANDERSON 4-6 - SET TO FERRER! Ferrer brings up two set points - his fourth and fifth of the game. He spurns them both with a wild forehand and then buries it into the net after a long rally. But he gets the job done at the thid time of asking with an returnable serve.
- ANDERSON 4-5 - Ferrer gets himself a couple of break points but a long backhand and a monstrous Anderson serve gets the South African out of trouble. For now.
- ANDERSON 3-5 – Anderson is not the only one racing through these service games. Ferrer gets his done and dusted with the minimum of fuss and the Spaniard is edging towards the first set. Anderson serving to stay in it.
- ANDERSON 3-4 - The South African strikes back with a love service game, but Ferrer in control here.
- ANDERSON 2-4 - Ferrer consolidates his break with a steady hold to underline his superiority in the first set.
- - ANDERSON 2-3 – BREAK FOR FERRER! Anderson managed to get out of a 0-30 hole and get it back to 30-30 but Ferrer has the eye in now and his returns are setting up long rallies where he is always going to be favourite. Anderson eventually make two unforced errors in a row and the fourth seed is now in good.
- - ANDERSON 2-2 – Signs that Ferrer is just finding his mojo. He races to a 40-0 lead. Anderson gets one point back but Ferrer then wraps up the point. Starting to buzz around the court with his trademark movement.
- - ANDERSON 2-1 - Before this match you would have thought the key for Anderson would be a high first-serve percentage. He had four points in row in that last game without getting in the first bullet but crucially he managed to win two of those points. A big first serve on 40-30 then finally sees him take the game.
- - ANDERSON 1-1 - Ferrer is able to level the match without much fuss. Anderson took the first point of the game but Ferrer took control after that and held to 15.
- - ANDERSON 1-0 - Decent opening service game from Anderson. He wraps up a hold to 15 with an ace. He showed off his big forehand on the previous point too.
- - Both these players have been around for quite some time so it is somewhat surprising to learn that this is their first meeting.
- - First up on Louis Armstrong today is fourth seed David Ferrer taking on Kevin Anderson. Louis Armstrong will be broadcast live on Eurosport and Britsh Eurosport HD (Sky 410 and 412 and Virgin 521 and 522) today and also the Eurosport Player Watch LIVE on the Player
|Date of Birth||18/05/1986|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|