No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 6-7(3) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Garcia-Lopez stuns number 10 seed Monaco as he takes the tie-break to three! Great match, and great result for the Spaniard, who moves through to the second round. Men's draw
- - MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 6-6 - There's nothing to separate these two after five sets, so we're heading into a final set tie-break - a unique feature of this Grand Slam.
- - MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 4-5 - Monaco is back in this one now as he breaks back to pull back to within a game. And the Argentine will now serve to level things up at five apiece in the deciding set!
- - MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 2-4 - BREAK! Garcia-Lopez breaks to edge closer to victory! What a time to break for the Spaniard!
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 2-3 - Both players earn several break points, but Garcia-Lopez manages to clinch it. Monaco had a number of opportunities there, but is not producing his best tennis on the crucial points. Still on serve in the final set.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 2-2 - Monaco's love service game is the first love service game we've had for a while. That has to be to Monaco's advantage as we enter the business end of this match.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 1-2 - We're still on service after another battling service game by Garcia-Lopez which goes to deuce. There's no doubting the Spaniard has been made to work harder on his service games.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 0-1 - Monaco changes from a yellow shirt to a red one, presumably in an attempt to bring him more luck. It is yet to have an effect, as Garcia-Lopez battles through to hold his serve. Garcia-Lopez must be favourite to complete the unlikliest of turnarounds here. He leads for the first time in the match.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-7 - SET! Incredibly Garcia-Lopez has taken this to a fifth set! The Spaniard goes up a mini-break but Monaco claws it back. But Garcia-Lopex has the wind in his sails now and clinches the fourth set. He's risen from the dead here.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-6 - TIE BREAK! Garcia-Lopez holds and the fourth set will be decided on a tie break. Monaco has a career winning record on tie breaks, whereas Garcia-Lopez has a winning record...
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 6-5 - Garcia-Lopez pulls a trick shot out of the bag, and it's fair to say the crowd enjoyed it more than Monaco did! But the Argentine keeps his head down and takes the game to make it 6-5. Garcia-Lopez will serve to stay in the match.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 4-4 - Another crucial hold, this time for Garcia-Lopez, who saves a break point to come through unscathed. Fine margins in this fourth set.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 3-2 - Huge hold by Monaco, who was under serious pressure by Garcia-Lopez. If Garcia-Lopez hadn't gifted the first two sets to Monaco, we'd have a very close contest on our hands. As it stands, Monaco still holds the advantage.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 1-1 - The Argentine almost follows up his hold with a break of the Garcia-Lopez serve, but Monaco can't take advantage of his break point as Garcia-Lopez pulls a superb forehand cross-court winner out of the bag.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-6 - SET! Remarkable. Garcia-Lopez seemed down and out, but wins five of the last six games to turn his fortunes around. The Spaniard has turned this around. Monaco is rattled.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-5 - BREAK! What a turnaround by Garcia-Lopez. He's gained some energy from somewhere and breaks Monaco and, remarkably, will now serve for the third set. Monaco doesn't know what's hit him.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-3 - BREAK! Maybe Garcia-Lopez isn't finished. A stunning cross-court winner stuns Monaco, whose earlier break has been cancelled out. We're back on serve in the third.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 4-2 - A service game apiece and Monaco is edging towards victory.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 3-1 - BREAK! Monaco has opened a two-game lead over Garcia-Lopez, who is a beaten - and possibly injured - man. Monaco hasn't really been tested, but his groundstrokes have been solid.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 2-1 - We're still on serve in the third, but Garcia-Lopz has called for the trainer. He seems to be struggling with a back problem.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 1-0 - Garcia Lopez takes him to deuce, but Monaco battles through it to hold well.
- MONACO 6-3 6-1 - SET! Monaco puts Garcia-Lopez out of his misery by clinching the second set against an opponent who hasn't really turned up.
- MONACO 6-3 4-1 - Garcia-Lopez is finally on the board in the second set. But Monaco is cruising this one.
- MONACO 6-3 4-0 - It's oh so easy for Monaco, who has a 4-0 lead in the second set.
- MONACO 6-3 3-0 - BREAK! Monaco has the double break, sealing it after yet another unforced error by Garcia-Lopez.
- MONACO 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Monaco takes an important step towards victory in this match. A break to open the set puts him in a good position against an opponent that has been too passive throughout.
- MONACO 6-3 SET! - The Argentine seals the first set with a superb forehand winner. Garcia-Lopez showed great spirit to fight back, but Monaco has been a cut above so far.
- MONACO 5-3 - BREAK! Monaco has taken the initiative again here with a decisive break late in this first set. He'll serve for it now....
- MONACO 4-3 - Monaco has steadied the ship and holds to maintain his slender advantage.
- MONACO 3-2 BREAK! Having looked on course for a first-set hammering, Garcia-Lopez goes better than a hold and breaks Monaco! The Argentine will be disappointed with his forehand that nestled into the net, but we're now one break apiece and Garcia-Lopez is serving to restore parity.
- MONACO 3-1 - Garcia-Lopez is up and running as he holds, which brings up a big cheer inside the Grandstand stadium.
- MONACO 3-0 - The Argentine holds easily and is flying out there.
- MONACO 2-0 BREAK! Garcia-Lopez seems a little overwhelmed by Monaco's storming start. Monaco attacking everything early and the Spaniard is struggling to live with the Argentine.
- MONACO 1-0 - We are underway again on Grandstand and Monaco holds to 15.
|Date of Birth||04/06/1983|
|Date of Birth||29/03/1984|