|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 3-6 - Game Set & Match Klizan! Huge shock in the second round as Tsonga goes out of the US Open! The Frenchman just couldn't handle Klizan's big serving and big forehands. And that opens up Andy Murray's side of the draw.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 3-5 - Tsonga takes Klizan to deuce, but Klizan comes through to move to within a game of victory.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 3-4 - Tsonga consolidates his break with a hold. Big game coming up here...
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 2-4 - BREAK! The start of a comeback? He's got a long way to go but Tsonga gets back one of the breaks of serve. He's playing with a little more confidence now.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 1-4 - Boos ring out as Tsonga makes a half-hearted attempt to retrieve a lob. They think he's given up, and they're probably right. Tsonga holds but this looks like defeat for the fifth seed.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 0-3 - DOUBLE BREAK! Klizan brings up the chance for a double break with a magnificent forehand winner down the line. Tsonga claws his way back to deuce, but Tsonga is long and Klizan takes it!
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 0-2 - Klizan saves a break back point to consolidate his break of serve. He remains a break up despite what was a sloppy game from him.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 - BREAK! Klizan earns himself two break points and takes the second of them. Tsonga is out of sorts and, before long, could be out of the tournament.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 1-6 - SET! Klizan takes a stride towards a big second round shock. He's never been to the third round of a major, but he is just a set away. Tsonga needs to step his game up.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 0-5 - Tsonga is self-destructing on the Louis Armstrong court. He slams his racket into the ground as he misses a routine forehand. Klizan eventually wins the game and moves to within a game of the third set.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 0-2 - BREAK! Klizan earns himself three break points and takes the third of them. Tsonga just struggling to contain the Slovakian's big forehands. That's what's doing the damage.
- TSONGA 4-6 6-1 - SET! Klitzan holds but Tsonga seals the second set with a big serve that Klizan cannot return. All square on Louis Armstrong.
- TSONGA 4-6 5-0 - Tsonga has finally got used to Klitzan's big serves and biting forehands and is cruising towards the second set.
- TSONGA 4-6 4-0 - DOUBLE BREAK! Tsonga brings up two break points with a superb smash. He lets the first one slip away but Klizan double faults to allow Tsonga to open a 4-0 lead in the second set.
- TSONGA 4-6 3-0 - Tsonga is forced to save break point as he recovers to hold against a plucky Martin Klizan. The Slovakian is controlling the rallies, and Tsonga is out of his comfort zone here.
- TSONGA 4-6 2-0 - BREAK! Tsonga responds to dropping the opening set in the best way possible, breaking Klizan in his opening service game of the second set.
- TSONGA 4-6 1-0 - Tsonga holds but it's hard work for him out there. He's taken to deuce and clinches it with a forehand winner down the line.
- TSONGA 4-6 - SET! Well, well. Tsonga drops the first set after Klizan looked like he may spurn it. But Klizan takes his chance at the third time of asking, and Tsonga has a fight on his hands.
- TSONGA 4-5 - Tsonga holds comfortably, but now Klizan will serve for the opening set against the fourth seed. This will be interesting.
- TSONGA 3-4 - BREAK! Klizan is proving a very tough customer and Tsonga is struggling to deal with his energy around the court. Klizan holds the advantage again.
- TSONGA 3-2 - Tsonga consolidates his break with a hold and we are back on service in the opening set.
- TSONGA 1-3 - BREAK! A difficult start for Tsonga, but he steadies the ship by breaking back. Klizen gets back Tsonga's deft drop shot but Tsonga completes the break by volleying into the empty court.
- TSONGA 1-2 - Klizen follows up his break with a good hold. But Tsonga gets his first hold on the board - and it brings up a big cheer in the Louis Armstrong stadium. Tsonga very well supported wherever he plays.
- TSONGA 0-1 - BREAK! We are underway in the Louis Armstrong stadium and it's a surprising start as Klizen clinches an early break on the Tsonga serve.
|Date of Birth||11/07/1989|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|