No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 6-4 – GAME SET MATCH! Tipsarevic does well to run down a good drop shot but Baker responds before hitting long. Tipsarevic earns two more match points as Baker nets and clenches his fist. The American saves the first with a forehand winner but Tipsarevic saves the best till last with a stunning crosscourt forehand on the run. He goes through to play either Grega Zemlja or Cedrik-Marcel Stebe. Men's draw
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 5-4 – BREAK! Tipsarevic opens with a nervy double fault and throws in another to concede three break points. Baker twice hits long to squander the first two but Tipsarevic returns the compliment and we’re back on serve! A Connors comeback in the offing from a break and match point down?
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 5-3 – Another winner flows from the Tipsarevic racket on the opening point. Baker nets to give Tipsarevic match point. But the Serb hits wide then nets as Baker fights on.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 5-2 – Tipsarevic moves towards a game of the third round with his 14th ace
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 4-2 – A double fault puts Baker in further trouble at 0-30. Baker rallies back to 30-30 and the Serb chooses the wrong side in chasing down a drop shot, hitting it straight at Baker who holds on.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 4-1 – Baker hits long and Tipsarevic pumps his fist after winning the first point. He whips a backhand passing shot and Baker nets and hits long.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 3-1 – BREAK! Baker hits long and Tipsarevic thunders a forehand past him to pile on the pressure at 0-30. Baker hits wide to concede three break points and although he saves the first, he nets on the second as Tipsarevic makes big strides toward the third round.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 2-1 – Tipsarevic fires his 12th ace to get to 40-0 and a forehand winner rounds off a love game.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 1-1 – Baker opens with a forehand winner but Tipsarevic fires a backhand of his own up the line. The American rallies to 40-15 but Tipsarevic draws level after running down a drop shot. He engineers a break point but finds the net as Baker digs deep to hold.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 1-0 – Tipsarevic throws in a double fault but recovers to hold after a deuce game.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-3 – SET! A great pass puts Tipsarevic 0-30 up and he breaks through to take a two set lead.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 5-3 – Tipsarevic a game away after a hold to 15.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 4-3 – Baker fires down his second ace to get to 40-0 and hits a forehand winner to wrap up the game. Pressure back on Tipsarevic.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 4-2 – The Serb is in trouble at 0-30 but holds as Baker hits a return wide.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 3-2 – The Serb hooks in a topspin forehand winner to go 0-30. Another forehand winner brings a break point but Baker again digs deep to hold.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 3-1 – Baker chops a sliced forehand just over the net to get on terms at 15-15 and then fires a forehand winner to go ahead in the game. But Tipsarevic digs deep to hold.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 2-1 – BREAK! Tipsarevic forces two break points and Baker nets to concede the break.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 1-1 – Tipsarevic gets to 40-15 with an ace and Baker nets.
- TIPSAREVIC 6-4 – SET! Tipsarevic is under pressure at 0-30 but an ace and a wide return give him the opening set.
- TIPSAREVIC 5-4 – Baker holds to 15 to force Tipsarevic to serve it out.
- TIPSAREVIC 5-3 – Tipsarevic races to 40-0 and holds despite a double fault.
- TIPSAREVIC 4-3 – A quick service hold to 15 puts the pressure back on Tipsarevic to maintain his advantage.
- TIPSAREVIC 4-2 – Good serving gets Tipsarevic to 30-0 before Baker rallies level. But the Serb closes it out.
- WAWRINKA 6-7 6-3 4-6 6-1 – SET! A tired looking Darcis concedes three set points and he nets on the third. It's going the distance.
- TIPSAREVIC 3-2 – Baker holds to 30 in another tight game.
- TIPSAREVIC 3-1 – The Serb opens with an ace and holds with a backhand winner.
- TIPSAREVIC 2-1 – BREAK! Baker shanks a forehand long en route to going 0-40 down. He pulls back a point but nets to concede the break.
- TIPSAREVIC 1-1 – The Serb races to 40-0 but Baker pulls him back to deuce before Tipsarevic holds on.
- WAWRINKA 6-7 6-3 4-6 0-1 – Two big forehands edge Wawrinka ahead in the Belgian’s first service game but Darcis responds with a big forehand of his own. The Swiss hits long but rips a backhand pass to get back to deuce. Darcis holds with a couple of big serves.
- Next up on Grandstand is eighth seed Janko Tipsarevic versus veteran American Brian Baker, who did so well at Wimbledon after coming through qualifying.
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|
|Date of Birth||30/04/1985|